Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well what ever happened with Ritchie made Zoe Ball decide Gio doesn’t exist. The BBC seemed to raise Ritchie’s profile after his short lived Strictly experience. Wonder if that was a sorry for giving him Gio. The thing is if Gio is that bad why do they have him back?
Be interesting to see how Gio gets on when he is no longer protected by the strictly bubble.

Reactions: 4
Apparently Gio and his girlfriend have unfollowed each other and she’s deleted her pics of him, two weeks after them proclaiming their undying love. Must be an FR record! Love bomb then dump..
So I guess the ink has dried on his contract for Strictly 2024, then.

I think what makes me really frustrated about this all is how the public jump to his defence the same as they did with the Amanda thing. Just shows how far we still have to go as a society to listen to women and their experiences rather than sticking up for someone cos “they are a professional” “but he seems so nice”
Amanda stuck her head above the parapet and look how she was treated, he has really fooled the public

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As do most people but I can assure you they did not! He is an absolutely vile human being
Im not a Gio fan at all, think he does have a nasty side to him which showed a lot last year when he couldn’t hide his jealousy towards Vito. But why did Rose seem to stay in contact with him - like going to ballet last November?

Reactions: 6
Re: Graz: I saw on FB that he apparently cancelled a Glasgow show - someone speculating due to poor sales? that worried me, but maybe that was a mistake. Delighted to hear if the tour is going well.
---
I saw that same post and was highly amused by the Beryl who was adamant that it was Amanda’s fault that the show was cancelled, until someone pointed out to them that Amanda had no connection to Graziano whatsoever 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I was thinking that too. Not saying he hasn’t got a nasty/arrogant side as there is no smoke without fire, but they have been seen out and about together quite a lot. Rose doesn’t seem to strike me as the type that would still hang with him if he’s a total tosser.

He also plays at our local theatre every year, my mums friend is an usherette there and she has said he is one of the more friendly ones out the strictly lot towards the staff that works there, very chatty with them, so it makes me think he can’t be a total arse, maybe just in a teaching and boyfriend capacity! The rudest/unfriendliest one according to my mums friend is Johannes which shocks and saddens me 🙁

Im not a Gio fan at all, think he does have a nasty side to him which showed a lot last year when he couldn’t hide his jealousy towards Vito. But why did Rose seem to stay in contact with him - like going to ballet last November?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I’ve just seen the news article about giovanni and can’t say I’m surprised. Without giving away too much about my identity I know for a fact that he and Rose did not get in at all back stage. There were a lot of issues between the pair and he was spoken to on several occasions by the shows producers about his behaviour towards her. I think it’s only a matter of time before she speaks out too.

I absolutely respect your need to keep your identity/connections private but I cannot begin to express how desperate I am for you to SPILL THE TEA!!!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Gio's contract is probably iron clad at this point. I think he has something on a producer.

I was thinking that too. Not saying he hasn’t got a nasty/arrogant side as there is no smoke without fire, but they have been seen out and about together quite a lot. Rose doesn’t seem to strike me as the type that would still hang with him if he’s a total tosser.

He also plays at our local theatre every year, my mums friend is an usherette there and she has said he is one of the more friendly ones out the strictly lot towards the staff that works there, very chatty with them, so it makes me think he can’t be a total arse, maybe just in a teaching and boyfriend capacity! The rudest/unfriendliest one according to my mums friend is Johannes which shocks and saddens me 🙁
Noooo!!!! I'm going to pretend I never read that 🫣

LadyLav once suggested Gio as a substitute pro for Layton if Nikita's knee flared up. Would have gone marvellously no doubt...
Because if there one thing we know for sure about Gio, it’s that partnering a gay man is something he’s very comfortable with 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The rudest/unfriendliest one according to my mums friend is Johannes which shocks and saddens me 🙁
Say it isn’t so! 😢

I wonder if the ongoing contact between Gio and Rose is about publicity. There are a lot of people still invested in them being a couple. I wonder if they ever see each other and it’s not on social media 🤔
I absolutely respect your need to keep your identity/connections private but I cannot begin to express how desperate I am for you to SPILL THE TEA!!!! 😂
I would like to imagine that the user name is Gio specific too.

Gio's contract is probably iron clad at this point. I think he has something on a producer.
It’s his sugar Daddy Anton that has something on someone in power I think.

• Haha
The thing is if Gio is that bad why do they have him back?
One of the papers did a poll a few weeks ago of who is your favourite strictly pro and he won by a landslide. I think he's one of the only pros general viewers actually know by name and he has his cult following. I guess they think he's too popular to let go. Popularity shouldn't impact who stays and goes but hey ho

One of the papers did a poll a few weeks ago of who is your favourite strictly pro and he won by a landslide. I think he's one of the only pros general viewers actually know by name and he has his cult following. I guess they think he's too popular to let go. Popularity shouldn't impact who stays and goes but hey ho
Oti & Kevin left both fairly recently (albeit by choice) and it didn't impact ratings.

The person I'd be most curious to see let go would be Anton, honestly wonder what the response would be to that.

But for the most part his popularity is a byproduct of the BBC’s foregrounding of him - he’s popular with the public because the BBC has positioned him as a popular pro. If they were so inclined, they could easily sideline him, and within a season or two much of the casual viewing public would have forgotten who he was 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I know, it shocked me when she told me. Apperently he would barely give the staff eye contact, seemed very shouty towards other members of the cast, doesn’t do stage door etc. She said Gio, was very chatty with staff, happy to have pictures, would even chat to them when he was out having his many cig breaks - Apperently smokes A LOT. She also said he did stage door pictures with fans when many of them don’t. She said another nice one is Craig Revel Horwood

Noooo!!!! I'm going to pretend I never read that 🫣

• Sad
Regarding Johannes - I think he's one who the show crafted a reality TV 'character' for - the lovely gay best friend type who comes and gives his celeb a fun time. Bit like the late Robin Windsor.

Not sure it's realistic to expect him to be quite like that 24/7, though shame if he is actually rude.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Did Rose have a sign language interpreter with her while they trained ?

Maybe that prevented him being as horrible to her if someone else was there all the time.

Sorry have just seen the poster saying he was horrible to her too 😮
She only had the interpreter at the beginning, and then I believe she decided she was able to communicate well enough with Gio without her (I imagine this was also to allow her interpreter to take other jobs midweek).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.