Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do think a lot of the ones who struggle post Strictly are the egotistical ones like Brendan and James who think they are the main character but are very much lacking the charisma and likability to achieve what they want. I’m sure Brendan was not best pleased to be judged by Oti on DOI (and not win). Oti is someone who has real charisma and has been able to take a sideways step by judging DOI and she also teamed up with bravissimo with a lingerie and sportswear line. In the meantime James Jordan is making money from the weight loss industry and spewing his xenophobic crap on X.

Flavia has ‘Dance with Flavia’ but as she lives rurally she won’t have the reach of pros who live in London. She has just launched this though which I think could be successful.

IMG_6808.jpeg

I also saw this on her Instagram. Last year Flavia and Ian Waite hosted the ‘Dance floor heroes’ charity event. The judges were/are all strictly pros and Darren and Lilya seem to do a lot of work with them.

IMG_6807.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Poor Gorka being ripped to shreds here. He’s taller than me so I’m all good. I’m here for you Gorks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I've said before, I love Gio. I've got tickets for his tour this year (first time). Me and the old dear are long time fans of Anton. We've seem him and Erin loads of times and we've seen him and Gio last couple of times.

However, I think Gio would really struggle without Strictly. He's a good looking guy but he's not like Anton, he doesn't have "the patter"

He needs to start thinking beyond Strictly. He really doesn't want to end up like Brendan - one minute king pin, the next a discarded has-been.

(Me and old dear also saw Brendan on his tour when it had been announced he'd been dumped by Strictly - we'd only booked it cos we were in Blackpool and didn't like the act that was on in the hotel that night and he was the ONLY other choice)

I think a dance school would be the best option. I think Pauline Quirk has done well with her acting schools. This model might work for Gio.

However he might decide to return to Italy and live the rest of his life in the sun.

PS as I started off by saying, I love Gio. BUT at the last show with Anton, when he was prancing around in his boxers, you could see the start of paunch belly!!! I feel bad saying this cos I'm 2 ton tessie. But my job doesnt depend on me being toned and fit. Anton however seems quite svelte for a guy nearing 60.

Reactions: 6
I've said before, I love Gio. I've got tickets for his tour this year (first time). Me and the old dear are long time fans of Anton. We've seem him and Erin loads of times and we've seen him and Gio last couple of times.

However, I think Gio would really struggle without Strictly. He's a good looking guy but he's not like Anton, he doesn't have "the patter"

He needs to start thinking beyond Strictly. He really doesn't want to end up like Brendan - one minute king pin, the next a discarded has-been.

(Me and old dear also saw Brendan on his tour when it had been announced he'd been dumped by Strictly - we'd only booked it cos we were in Blackpool and didn't like the act that was on in the hotel that night and he was the ONLY other choice)

I think a dance school would be the best option. I think Pauline Quirk has done well with her acting schools. This model might work for Gio.

However he might decide to return to Italy and live the rest of his life in the sun.

PS as I started off by saying, I love Gio. BUT at the last show with Anton, when he was prancing around in his boxers, you could see the start of paunch belly!!! I feel bad saying this cos I'm 2 ton tessie. But my job doesnt depend on me being toned and fit. Anton however seems quite svelte for a guy nearing 60.
Why on earth was he running around in his boxers? Is this the Strictly curse again? 😳
Maybe the love of a young man is what is keeping Anton so svelte?
IMG_6598.jpeg

• Haha
Poor Gorka being ripped to shreds here. He’s taller than me so I’m all good. I’m here for you Gorks.
I love a short king 😍
---
Why on earth was he running around in his boxers? Is this the Strictly curse again? 😳
Maybe the love of a young man is what is keeping Anton so svelte?
View attachment 2668789
Genuinely can't tell if this is a real promo pic for their tour or some weird fan art

• Haha
I couldn’t believe it was a real promo pic when I first saw it. I just went onto Gios insta to double check and I found an even worse pic of them. I apologise for this but if my eyes had to suffer this just before a night of haunted nightmares then I’m taking you all down with me.

You’re welcome ☺

IMG_6809.png

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

He did what now?
I see Maks Chmerkovskiy ex DwtS pro is going to be on the new series of The Traitors USA (US use celebs on their version. John Bercow is also going to be on <shrugs>). I think he’s also got a judging seat for So You Think You Can Dance as well.

He did what now?
I see Maks Chmerkovskiy ex DwtS pro is going to be on the new series of The Traitors USA (US use celebs on their version. John Bercow is also going to be on <shrugs>). I think he’s also got a judging seat for So You Think You Can Dance as well.
John Bercow is going to be on a celebrity reality show in America?!? This is like learning that Bianca Gascoigne won Dancing with the stars in Italy.

• Haha
John Bercow is going to be on a celebrity reality show in America?!? This is like learning that Bianca Gascoigne won Dancing with the stars in Italy.
It’s just so random isn’t it.
Ekin-Su is going to be on it as well which seems to neatly encompass both ends of life

Reactions: 1
It’s just so random isn’t it.
Ekin-Su is going to be on it as well which seems to neatly encompass both ends of life
Wtf?!? I recently watched DOI in a bid to medicate my strictly withdrawal. I had no idea who she was and had to look her up. I think I've only ever seen about 10 mins of Love Island. Is it watched in the states or will they be googling her like I did? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Bianca didn't win, she came 2nd to Arisa (and Vito) but Arisa only won by 4%.

He did what now?
There's a bit in the show where Anton is talking to the audience and Gio appears in boxers and an open dressing gown 😳😳😳

Definitely wasn't as toned as he was before.

Whilst I'm outing myself as sexist, we also saw Here Come the Boys with Gio, Gorka and Aljiaz.

I reckon it's the nearest I'll ever get to a male stripper show!!! They all appeared shirtless or open shirted - cue screaming from the female audience. It was a great show.

Just shows what a money spinner Strictly is.

Michelle seems lovely but her boyfriend looks a right twit.
Oh he's on DTWS IRl with Blu Hydrangea right? I don't know much about him. I see they were dancing to Mambo Italiano on insta - you're no Vito, bro!

Talking of, presumably if rehearsals start Monday people will be coming back this weekend and we will start to get some tour conent. Praise be Danny Mac!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh he's on DTWS IRl with Blu Hydrangea right? I don't know much about him. I see they were dancing to Mambo Italiano on insta - you're no Vito, bro!

Talking of, presumably if rehearsals start Monday people will be coming back this weekend and we will start to get some tour conent. Praise be Danny Mac!
How long do they typically spend on rehearsals? The first show is the 19th.

How long do they typically spend on rehearsals? The first show is the 19th.
Craig said that rehearsals were starting on the 8th I think? I see Dianne is back. Not sure if the pros start rehearsals first as they will have a few dances to get together.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.