Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really think Karen should be benched next year. The section on ITT where she was talking with Gorka and Luba about how they prepare really did show how checked out she is.
absolutely agree. i like her in general but i do think, exactly like you say, that she’s kinda over the show (and it was only really the rare partner where she seemed into it imo). she would probably enjoy being benched as it’s the actual teaching side that she seems to struggle with.

the female pro lineup needs a huge shakeup in general though, as i know we’ve all said!

Reactions: 9
I really think Karen should be benched next year. The section on ITT where she was talking with Gorka and Luba about how they prepare really did show how checked out she is.
Also, she had a real air of 'couldn't be arsed' when listening to the feedback from the judges.

And on ITT after they were eliminated, she was absolutely beaming. Completely different to how she had been during the few weeks on Strictly.

I felt sorry for her last year with Jayde but I felt sorry for Eddie this year.

Reactions: 14
the female pro lineup needs a huge shakeup in general though, as i know we’ve all said!
The current female professionals I’d like to see next year are Jowita, Lauren, Luba, Nancy and Katya. Katya stands out head and shoulders above all the other female professionals IMO as did Oti (I miss her) but I think the others mentioned are good at partnering and have real potential too. If Amy is well enough it would be nice to see her back and I’d like them to give Michelle a chance.

I’ve always found Karen a bit lacklustre. Dianne seems to have limited choreography skills and whilst I can appreciate that Nadiya is a good dancer I don’t remember any of her dances.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The dances i remember most from Nadiya are with Davood in her first year. The paso and the Charleston were pretty good … it’s just that she’s not had a celeb of that ability since. She went straight from him to Mr Popularity Lee Ryan and then the traditional push me-pull you dancing football wardrobe with David James. For all he stuck around Dan was meh and then she was with Matt Goss.

The female pro’s really do have the worst side of the draw for all the male celebs have the most overall wins (which is why it’s annoying when a potential good one is squandered Karen)

Reactions: 11
I think it's pretty hard to judge Nadiya as a pro, as her best celeb was her first year. Some of her choreography for Davood wasn't great, but most pros have a bit of a dodgy first go. Most of the ones who didn't, like Nikita, Kai and Vito had their learning curve another version. Nikita was second out his year on the German one, and I've seen some DS posters say it was his choreography that was the problem (though I've never been able to find clips of her dances, so idk if I agree) and I'd say Vito took until around halfway through the series last year to get it together and ditch the Ballando style choreography. Fleur's Week 1 Cha Cha was a bit of a frantic mess, and her VW was mostly Contemporary.

I think Nadiya deserves another chance with someone good. It's a shame for her (and Luba) that good tall male celebs are hard to come by. It would be very interesting to know how Bobby would have done with her, but I would imagine their personalities wouldn't have gone together very well.

Also, probably an unpopular opinion, but I will die on the hill that Davood's Argentine Tango was better than Joe's, everyone just lost their minds over the unusual lift, and I'm still mad he went out on it instead of Molly or Gemma that week.

Reactions: 12
I wasnt watching the year that Davood was in it, but saw a clip one night, a while back, on an old Gogglebox episode.

Can't remember which dance but 🔥🔥🔥🔥😁

Reactions: 3
Why is Layton still getting tit online?! FFS. Leave him alone. Strictly is over. He didn’t win. All over the press complaining he didn’t win?! He’s literally done no press?!

He sounds kinda fed up. Poor Layton 😣

Attachments

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Why is Layton still getting tit online?! FFS. Leave him alone. Strictly is over. He didn’t win. All over the press complaining he didn’t win?! He’s literally done no press?!

Good on him! Ridiculous that people are not only falling for the bullshit clickbait but even worse that they are taking time out of their day to send him hateful messages. It’s literally 2 days before Christmas and people still can’t help themselves, like shouldn’t you be spending time with family instead of talking tit online? 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Imagine if Vito does actually have a girlfriend that's not Ellie and her having to see videos like the one last night. Not sure I'd cope with that.
---

And they'll only see what he puts on social media by looking at his social media. You don't have to look Dave. But again he's not shown anything about being bitter he didn't win. People completely making things up, like the Nigel storming off, need to go to Specsavers or the doctors.

That’s really pissed me off. I would imagine having the focus of learning new dances and all the time spent working hard during the competition must have made it easier for Layton to shut out the abuse and that it will hit him more now he has time and space to himself.

It says everything about how miserable these people must be and nothing about who Layton is. Seeing someone who is authentically themselves, extremely talented and well loved by many must be really triggering for some people. Instead of throwing out vitriol at him they really should take a good hard look at themselves. I wish I could give lovely Layton a massive hug 😢

Reactions: 15
Glad to see that Layton isn’t letting it get him too down.
412524976_1058868491823464_3022391266447727517_n.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I just don't get people, I meant to post yesterday that Vito cut his hair and he was sharing it on his stories cause people were messaging him telling him.he needed a hair cut!?? Like what the duck!? Why are people so pass remarkable!!?

• Sad
  • Angry
I often quite fancy being one of our cats (lots of sleep, head rubs, laps, treats, no jobs, no weekly food shop, the ability to swipe your enemies with your big claws) but I genuinely would give my left kidney to be this particular ginger one. 🥵😂 🐈 ❤

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
There is something about Nikita why has it took me three years to acknolwledge what a gorgeous person he is inside and out.

Also wishing him a happy birthday love seeing all the messages of birthday wishes from his friends on SM especially Layton's.

Nice to see his and Layton's dance with them lessons are in demand.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Looks like Gio, Vito, Nikita and Graz are all in the audience for the Ballando final (ie. 7 celebs tottering drunkenly around a stage)! Oh to be a fly on the wall...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Looks like Gio, Vito, Nikita and Graz are all in the audience for the Ballando final (ie. 7 celebs tottering drunkenly around a stage)! Oh to be a fly on the wall...
Nikita & Graz have good reasons to be - Anastasia & Giada are both competing in it. I wonder what Gio thinks of it though. Maybe there to support Pasquale?

Nikita & Graz have good reasons to be - Anastasia & Giada are both competing in it. I wonder what Gio thinks of it though. Maybe there to support Pasquale?
He was with Pasquale yesterday at an Italian TV programme. I guess Vito is also supporting Pasquale, but at a safe distance from Gio. Looks like Vito was invited along, as the show has publicised him being in the audience as the 'Strictly winner'. Again, a euro for Gio's thoughts!

The show is already three hours in...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
He was with Pasquale yesterday at an Italian TV programme. I guess Vito is also supporting Pasquale, but at a safe distance from Gio. Looks like Vito was invited along, as the show has publicised him being in the audience as the 'Strictly winner'. Again, a euro for Gio's thoughts!

3 hours?!

Reactions: 1

I am finding all this disproportionately hilarious. 😁

The shitness of the show in general, the billion couples in the aeon-long final, the fact that half the Strictly pro cast are hanging out there, the prospect of Gio trying to be nonchalantly aloof in his ‘Captain Birdseye’ outfit … it’s a veritable Christmas treat!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.