Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

glasgow27

VIP Member
What in the fresh hell is this? I understand it's American Smooth but zero Foxtrot or Viennese waltz inspiration. Foxtrot is quick-quick-slow, this was QUICK-QUICK-QUICK.

Love ya Carlos but not your best choreo.

Reactions: 3

Ablemabel

VIP Member
Amanda is one of those people who if you knew her in real life I feel like you would just never know what mood she would be in/how she would react. One of those people you sort of avoid or have to walk on eggshells around because one day they’re chummy and your best friend and the next they’re cold and distant.

Whoever said her dance the other week was like watching two people getting off at the office Christmas party was spot on
This! She is a good dancer but it does nothing for me.

Ablemabel

VIP Member
I forwarded through that Adam shite after watching first 20 seconds. How on earth did that warrant a 9?

glasgow27

VIP Member

I've rewatched the Disney 100 number and I like it so much more now. I expected something big and flashy for Disney's 100th Birthday so my initial reaction was to be disappointed because it was so slow and the costumes were so drab, but actually it's a really lovely ballroom number, and I loved the instrumental version of the Disney themes, especially Pocahontas, which I'd resigned myself to never being able to be used on DWTS/Strictly for obvious reasons

and I appreciate it so much more after DWTS tried to sell me a Honda... 😭 😭 😭

Pretty sure the same choreographer did that DWTS number and the one with Vito & Nikita on SCD this week. The DWTS number was cute for including Val & Jenna's baby though.

Just like SCD movie week, the dancing was overpowered by themes and some of the choreo was a bit tragic as a result, but they eliminated a celeb who is a convicted abuser so I'm quite happy with that outcome. And we've got a lovely tribute to Len next week - SCD should take note

daisynoon

Chatty Member
Hmm I'm now wondering if Rippon isn't starting to make a bid for the final? I can see her topping the leaderboard tomorrow, and wowing the judges again with several splits. I know we assumed she'd get bussed after Blackpool but she can skip samba and jive. A sedate but stylish charleston, a messy but competent salsa.. Kai has been very good at choreographing to her strengths.
If it's a 4 person final I could see her, Bobby, Nigel and Layton (why I am cursing myself with this thought?)
I could see her bowing out in a two dance week (but is that the semi final?)

soccergirl

VIP Member
God that CC of Adam's. Unspeakable. But I'm sure he'll get good marks.

I worry that paso is not Ellie's dance. I wish she had a nice waltz.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Shirley definitely doesn’t like Karen, which makes her giving them an unwarranted 10 even more baffling.

I don’t feel like disaster is too strong a word, especially when Shirley and Craig were openly laughing in Tony’s face last year. Shirley went massively over the top with what she said last week though - she could have been honest without labouring the point massively and then trying to justify it by saying she’s just being honest
I think it was harsh using the word 'disaster'.
But I dislike stuff like that anyway, like 'tragically - my nail broke' 😁. Not a tragedy!

I always feel sorry for someone when they finish a dance that they presumably have worked hard at, and thinking it went okay, getting hit with such a comment.

She and Craig went over the top using that word - in my opinion.

KeriRhys

VIP Member
Interesting that Craig picks up that it wasn't really technical. Dianne's performances always seem to be one end of the scale or the other in terms of show or technique, she never quite blends them together in a way that works.
Wasn't really technical but he praised it highly...anyone else he'd rip to shreds