Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dances are out! Hamza has the best showdance song I think. Fleur doing samba/CC; Hamza salsa and CC, Molly QS and rumba.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Dances are out! Hamza has the best showdance song I think. Fleur doing samba/CC; Hamza salsa and CC, Molly QS and rumba.

i wonder if hamza’s cc and salsa have too similar vibes tbh 🧐 i would have been tempted to do the cc and a ballroom.

molly has a great combination of dances there!

Reactions: 14
i wonder if hamza’s cc and salsa have too similar vibes tbh 🧐 i would have been tempted to do the cc and a ballroom.

I'd have preferred Fleur to do AT over her CC. Too many Couple's Choices! would love to see more ballroom in it in general.. I can see Hamza in tails smashing a showdance to 'Let's Face the Music'. for those wanting contempowaft, I wonder if Fleur's showdance song will give that - bare feet incoming!

Reactions: 13
i went on a rewatch of winners announcements a while back and i’m sure he flies in like a torpedo to immediately hug kelvin too. like, let him and oti enjoy the moment karim 🤣

that comment about still expecting him to run out of the audience to join the huddle is so accurate!
Karim would’ve been devastated if he’d been in the covid era series when he couldn’t leap on people when Tess hasn’t even finished speaking 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I think that’s why their Show Dance will be more Ballroom? Im excited!

Reactions: 3

I don’t think Hamza’s salsa & couples choice are even remotely similar. Completely different styles of dancing and music, the only thing that’s slightly similar was the set they used. I think he has the perfect dances, two of which were arguably some of the highest impact dances of the whole series. He can perform his best dance, pay tribute to his culture and when you add a classic ballroom showdance to that I think it’s spot on.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'd have preferred Fleur to do AT over her CC. Too many Couple's Choices! would love to see more ballroom in it in general.. I can see Hamza in tails smashing a showdance to 'Let's Face the Music'
yes!!! i would have loved fleur’s AT again, and maybe hamza’s foxtrot?

i hope he has tails on again! but agree that in verbal i would have liked more ballroom.

I think that’s why their Show Dance will be more Ballroom? Im excited!
it’s definitely a good balance! it’s a great showdance song too.

Hamza's showdance will be ballroom I'm guessing. Three CCs though 😩 Good thing they're all decent. I would have rather seen Fleur's AT again though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Hamza's showdance will be ballroom I'm guessing. Three CCs though 😩 Good thing they're all decent. I would have rather seen Fleur's AT again though.
it is a lot of CCs! imagine if molly’s had been a proper one - wonder if we would have gotten a full house.

i really thought fleur and vito would have gone for their at, or i was hoping so. they can’t go anywhere from the cc as it already scored 40, but i also get it was probably her absolute favourite routine.

Reactions: 5
Molly not having a CC might actually work for her. She's got a great selection of dances that will really show a varied skill-set.

Reactions: 12
Not really over the moon to see Fleur's CC again, but I suppose it was inevitable.

Would have preferred Helen's Quickstep over CC, but oh well. Can't complain too much about more Gorka in eyeliner and a corset. Now if only he was wearing stockings too... 🥵

Really happy about Molly's choices. Also Hamza's. Though, that said, I don't really like the whole thing of redoing dances in the final at all. I get the idea is they're supposed to be able to do it better with more experience, but it always makes me nervous that they'll mess up and kinda ruin an iconic dance a little bit because they're exhausted. Particularly with ones that were a 'moment' like Hamza's salsa. I can never really enjoy them if I really liked the dance the first time round because I'm always worrying something's gonna go wrong.

Really looking forward to his showdance! From the songs, it seems very promising that his will be the best. 🤞

• Heart
Molly not having a CC might actually work for her. She's got a great selection of dances that will really show a varied skill-set.
her selection is the best imo. it’s varied and covers the full spectrum, like you say. i didn’t expect them to choose their quickstep so happy to see it again.

i also want her rumba to get better scores 🤞🏻

i fully agree with @diamondthunder above though, the redoing of dances doesn’t always work. the impact is sometimes gone because you’re waiting for certain things to happen and it’s not a surprise. plus there’s the possibility of a mistake.

Reactions: 7
Most looking forward to Molly’s dances, then Hamza out of those. It’s a little bit death by CC for me although they are all decent dances. For Fleur in particular I would’ve loved to see her CC in part because I expected her to be good at her couples choice and she was, whereas her AT was more of a surprise and so more of a ‘moment’ for me.

Have to agree with others in saying I'd rather have seen Fleurs AT again and Hamza's Foxtrot, although if they sort out the timing issues his CC had it could be even better than first time around.
I didn't like Fleurs CC first time around so not fussed about seeing that again!
Mollys dances are great! They were two I'd enjoy seeing again...

i fully agree with @diamondthunder above though, the redoing of dances doesn’t always work. the impact is sometimes gone because you’re waiting for certain things to happen and it’s not a surprise. plus there’s the possibility of a mistake.
Have to agree as well...I'm not really a fan of CC but a lot of them work due to the surprise aspect! Like Hamza's, or Rose's last year...

The only one who might not suffer from this is Helen as they're changing it a bit as they don't have the extra dancers this week...

I’m feeling very underwhelmed with Fleurs snow dance song, I feel like it’s going to be very barefoot and floaty and not sure that’s her strong point.
There’s not really much ballroom in the final.
Would have loved to have seen Hamzas foxtrot and Fleurs AT.
I think the final will be brilliant viewing the dances chosen are all amazing (bar Fleurs couples choice I just didn’t love it) and Gorka will be in the corset so everyone’s a winner.

I’ve just caught up on last night‘s ITT.
Nancy seems absolutely devastated, I get that it’s very disappointing to go out in the semi final, but I think she needs to be more professional about it. Will had to keep comforting her, which is the wrong way round.
Rylan was great with the interview, he pitched it just right.
I‘m glad the show ended with happy, smiley Helen, not keen on the J word but she really has been on one. Gorka has been the ideal partner for her. I love their final dances and I hope they win.
Can‘t believe it’s nearly all over again for another year!

I think the final has the potential to be fabulous with those dances. I would’ve preferred Hamza’s Foxtrot and Fleur’s AT to their CCs but overall, it’s a good mix. Hoping Hamza and Helen have ballroom style showdances and that JG has had minimal input in all four of them!

I think the final has the potential to be fabulous with those dances. I would’ve preferred Hamza’s Foxtrot and Fleur’s AT to their CCs but overall, it’s a good mix. Hoping Hamza and Helen have ballroom style showdances and that JG has had minimal input in all four of them!
Helen's showdance song really doesn't sound like it will be ballroom. Maybe a bit of quickstep, I guess.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.