Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At the moment I would say Hamza and Helen are the frontrunners. At the moment I think it will be Hamza, Helen, Tyler, Molly in the final.
I just feel like it’s too early to make predictions (not that I’m overly invested tbh as long as Will or Jayde don’t win). Someone could have a stand out week and someone else could have a shocker; anything could happen. It’s not like last year where it was obvious from quite early on that Rose was going to win. This series feels a bit more unpredictable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
she doesn’t fit the confident one but she definitely fits the stage school one. a lot of people still assume going to stage school makes you a trained dancer and if her vt on saturday is her at sylvia youngs like has been suggested then i wonder what that means for her. ultimately i can see her having a maisie type of journey, will never win but probably should. may be the shock fall at the final hurdle before the last weekend. she would deserve to be in the final though, based on current evidence.
She just has no journey: she's good at everything and has no real backstory. Carlos is also a new pro and unknown (even more so than Vito, who has a lot more SM followers than him..)
Fleur is under pressure to perform every week as she knows her vote is rocky - she and Vito have amped up the IG stuff which is a good strategy I think. You have got to make people invest in your partnership. I am not sure anyone is invested in Tyler and Dianne.

OMG just seen Liz Truss has resigned! she didn't even last a full season Strictly! :oops:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
She just has no journey: she's good at everything and has no real backstory. Carlos is also a new pro and unknown (even more so than Vito, who has a lot more SM followers than him..)
Fleur is under pressure to perform every week as she knows her vote is rocky - she and Vito have amped up the IG stuff which is a good strategy I think. You have got to make people invest in your partnership. I am not sure anyone is invested in Tyler and Dianne.
I love the Fleur and Vito partnership and for me it doesn't seem like its Vito's first year.

Reactions: 6
Agree about Fluer not losing a dance off for a while unless maybe it’s against Tyler. I just don’t think he will have massive public backing either, they’re both far too cocky.

Reactions: 4
Tyler has had three really upbeat fun dances in a row and has used up almost all the crowd pleasing ones already. Can he sustain it through lots of ballroom and is Diane’s choreo up to it
I can see him maybe struggling with the more traditional/technical ballroom! I'm also not the biggest fan of Diane's choreography...I feel that may also let him down somewhat!
Time shall tell!!

I also agree with whoever said upthread (sorry, I can't remember) that Shirley's creaming over love of him has put me off him...

Reactions: 10
Tyler has been at the top half of the public vote each week (going by Dave's poll).

If we look at the contestants who are touted as finalists: Will, Helen, Hamza, Tyler, Mollie and Fluer then only Will has had his vote tested as he was second from the bottom last week. It can be dangerous to also be in the middle of the board as thats how Fleur ended up in the DO as she was in the middle and forgotten about.

Reactions: 3
Tyler has been at the top half of the public vote each week (going by Dave's poll).
Every week so far I think the vote has been very dependant on the dances. Tyler’s last three:a well themed energetic jive, an admittedly decent Charleston and a couples choice - were all real crowd pleasers. Him being in the top half of the votes is more a indication of a very crowd pleasing run of dances that suit him in being energetic and having lots of tricks and lifts rather than in how popular he really might be

Reactions: 12
I can see him maybe struggling with the more traditional/technical ballroom! I'm also not the biggest fan of Diane's choreography...I feel that may also let him down somewhat!
Time shall tell!!

I also agree with whoever said upthread (sorry, I can't remember) that Shirley's creaming over love of him has put me off him...
I think after his crap- I mean couple's choice last week he may have lost some popularity. I've seen the word "cocky" and "Shirley's pet" thrown about a lot. Dianne has her staunch red hair brigade voting for them, mind - I'm not sure how much influence they have or whether their mums will let them stay up late enough to vote.

• Haha
I just feel like it’s too early to make predictions (not that I’m overly invested tbh as long as Will or Jayde don’t win). Someone could have a stand out week and someone else could have a shocker; anything could happen. It’s not like last year where it was obvious from quite early on that Rose was going to win. This series feels a bit more unpredictable.
I saw someone on DS compare this series to Wacky Races which feels about right - someone zooms out in front one week but then crashes the following week and someone else takes over (with Hamza being out in front right now)

I still have a feeling Will is hoovering up the votes from that core Strictly voting demographic, but I thought after week 1 he could easily go the way of Peter Andre. Outside of forums, I suspect he got a lot of sympathy last week and didn't dip much in popularity. But if he carries on being a grump...

Reactions: 9
I haven't seen any cockiness from Tyler at all.

I guess whoever Dianne is paired with the partnership will be hated on by the people who despise her anyway.

I haven't seen any cockiness from Tyler at all.

I guess whoever Dianne is paired with the partnership will be hated on by the people who despise her anyway.
I haven’t either tbh. I think he seems alright. I do like him less the more Shirley fawns over him though, but that’s not his fault!

Reactions: 8
I think after his crap- I mean couple's choice last week he may have lost some popularity. I've seen the word "cocky" and "Shirley's pet" thrown about a lot. Dianne has her staunch red hair brigade voting for them, mind - I'm not sure how much influence they have or whether their mums will let them stay up late enough to vote.
Can absolutely see Shirley not scoring him lower than a 9 for the rest of the series, no matter how his dance goes

• Angry
I kinda like the fact that there's no really really obvious front runner. I agree with the comments about Hamza being the perfect combination of personality and talent, to win, all going well.

Fleur has grown on me. I remember from X Factor that I liked her. I thought the first night, oops, she wasn't going to take criticism well. But she has done. And the fact that Shirley has her knife firmly in her is making me want her to go further and further. 😁

Tony, I absolutely love but I expect he will make a gracious exit in the coming weeks. I hope Jayde, James, Kym and the Ellies go before him.
Will, Helen, and Hamza, I think would be the top contenders to last the pace. I hope Fleur gets there too.

Molly and Tyler are both doing well but I am not sure they will have sufficient support to reach the final stages.

I haven’t either tbh. I think he seems alright. I do like him less the more Shirley fawns over him though, but that’s not his fault!
Have you ever tried listening to his radio show? It is not really to be recommended. He comes across as like he thinks he is the pro in that I have not seen him thank or praise Diane on social media or any interviews or anything and on his radio when he speaks of strictly it is all me and I. I think that is cocky

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Yes I look at another Strictly message board and Will is incredibly popular 🤷‍♀️ People feeling so sorry for him because of his cold and giving him multiple votes. Same message board absolutely loves pro Amy. So perky and pretty. Again 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Have you ever tried listening to his radio show? It is not really to be recommended. He comes across as like he thinks he is the pro in that I have not seen him thank or praise Diane on social media or any interviews or anything and on his radio when he speaks of strictly it is all me and I. I think that is cocky
No I haven’t. Just going from how he is on the main show really so he could well be different on his own turf.

I've seen him plenty of times thank Dianne on his instagram; they both get along well if you watch the show and if you follow them on social media.

Once again there is no liking a contestant if you're don't like the pro to begin with. :cautious:

Reactions: 3
Fleur has grown on me too and I agree wwith the poster who said that she and Vito are playing a clever social media game. I am not sure if that will translate into many votes but it may have got them one from me

Reactions: 8
Fleur has grown on me too and I agree wwith the poster who said that she and Vito are playing a clever social media game. I am not sure if that will translate into many votes but it may have got them one from me
I just think that the response to being in the DO isn't necessarily always 'we will work harder' (most of these people are already doing long hours) but letting people get to see what makes you tick etc. (obv not helpful if what makes you tick is being a weirdo a la Tom and Amy but..)

I also like how Fleur gets up at 3:30am for work but hasn't used that as an excuse - I am bored with the Kyms and James talking about how busy they are, no matter how true it is.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.