Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread 🕺💃

Towards the end of the last thread we were discussing the fever dream that will be the Centenary special, and the themes that have been chosen 😵

Reactions: 10
That's what I mean - it's so funny but the lyrics are very much about shagging. Are Jayde and Karen just going to be doing comedy pretend sex?
And - genuine question - is there going to be a hostess trolley and some spanking with a Woman’s Weekly? Strictly loves a literal interpretation, and I can’t see what other ‘story’ they can force onto this. The lyrics are so specific. 🫤

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I just can’t understand why so many of the themes and tunes are re-do’s and to say it’s celebrating 100 years it’s very back loaded.

Reactions: 12
Ok, I'm going to need some reassurance that Nikita is just going to dress up as an Apprentice candidate and not Alan Sugar

• Haha
Reactions: 20
And - genuine question - is there going to be a hostess trolley and some spanking with a Woman’s Weekly? Strictly loves a literal interpretation, and I can’t see what other ‘story’ they can force onto this. The lyrics are so specific. 🫤
Looking forward to seeing what Vicky Gill can do with a flameproof nightie and a balaclava.
(That sounds strangely sinister)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I just can’t understand why so many of the themes and tunes are re-do’s and to say it’s celebrating 100 years it’s very back loaded.
I don't get it either. They had such a deep well to choose from and some of the choices are really uninspired, others are batshit.

Also, I get that Dr Who is significant at the moment but why not pick another composition from the show (there are lots) and a different dance so it doesn't seem so samey.

Now imagining Janette slightly woodenly but exuberantly feigning an in-depth knowledge of Victoria Wood and Woman's Weekly to Vicky G on ITT

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It is a bit naughty alright😂 Oh hope they use some of the many props mentioned! I think Katya is the pro who would do this song justice creatively but it will be interesting to see what Karen comes up with! They will probably have choreographers helping with this number.. hope we get a glimpse on ITT later in the week, Monday too soon for a progress update! C’mon hostess trolleys and womans weekly😂😂

Reactions: 9
Challenge! what iconic themes would you go for?
Don't ask me for my answers I've only thought of this question - will think about whilst roasting the spuds!

Reactions: 1
Don't ask me for nt answers I've only thought of this question - will think about whilst roasting the spuds!
The Archers and Desert Island Discs would definitely make the start sheet.

Reactions: 3
I don't get it either. They had such a deep well to choose from and some of the choices are really uninspired, others are batshit.

Also, I get that Dr Who is significant at the moment but why not pick another composition from the show (there are lots) and a different dance so it doesn't seem so samey.
I turned on BBC Radio 3 this morning (because I am very old and like classical in the morning) and they were playing a rather beautiful and deeply weird mix of the synth/electronic/ classical music composed for Doctor Who in the 1960s and 70s, some of which had never been played separate to the episodes before.

It was completely bonkers and I loved them for it, I wish Strictly could have been as adventurous as BBC Radio 3!

• Heart
Don't ask me for my answers I've only thought of this question - will think about whilst roasting the spuds!
Royle Family ... at least its an actual song. No idea what dance would go with it. I think I will watch half of next week's show from behind a cushion!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Either
A Ski Sunday quickstep dressed in a garish 80’s/90’s all in one ski suit

Or

A fawlty towers waltz

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I want to know who will play the Theremine🤣 They will surely have to have that iconic sound on the night.. can Dave Arch conduct a theremine🤣 some poor sod is at home cursing the producers while trying to learn how to play it🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I want to know who will play the Theremine🤣 They will surely have to have that iconic sound on the night.. can Dave Arch conduct a theremine🤣 some poor sod is at home cursing the producers while trying to learn how to play it🤪
Got to be The Man In The Hat.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.