Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

givepeasachance

VIP Member
I'm pissed off.

Jayde giving it the sob story about her dead sister, which is very sad I must say. But in comparison Matt Goss, well at the end when he mentioned his mum and sister made me appreciate how he just bloody well got on with it. He really did. I didn't even know he had a sister that had passed away. No emosh heavy breathing bollocks and mentioning dead relatives every two minutes. I really wish he'd stayed. He's been through a hell of a lot, but kept it all to himself. Dignified.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Tanley

VIP Member
Tony and Katya are brilliant together. I loved it when she pointed at his head and said “what’s going on up here is rubbish”. They clearly have a great rapport.
One of my favourite things about Strictly is getting to know more about the celebs.
I really thought Tony would be a typical blokey bloke, but he’s actually caring and quite emotional.
I thought Matt would be the big I am, but instead he’s an absolute sweetheart, a really kind and sensitive soul.
And I thought Will would be smiley and cheery, but he’s actually a moody git who takes himself too seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I was just watching back Hamza's salsa, and one of the great things about it is that it's a genuine Strictly 'moment' - similar to jay's jive. It wasn't massively orchestrated to happen like all those CCs that get high scores, with the judges wanging on about them being one of the best dances EVA when they're anything but.

Hint to Strictly - stop trying to make 'moments' happen by overmarking. Just let people do what they do best and the moments will come

Reactions: 32

Holmessk

VIP Member
Still one of my highlights of my strictly watching career alongside his face when he was voted out.
I think Tom and Amy's vow to continue dancing and hiring a dance rehearsal space and the recorded dance (god it's all coming back to me) may be the cringiest thing I've ever encountered!

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Watching this video which popped up on my Instagram timeline and seeing the second half of it where Jowita is talking to Hamza after getting their 39 has reminded me we’ve not had many of these ‘reactions in the corridor just after they’ve received their scores’ scenes like what we used to get in previous series on the results show

We only get one of the judges doing a voiceover whilst recapping what happened on Saturday night

They are so adorable together. I love how calm this man is - even when he just absolutely beat the crap out of that salsa, he stands there serenely and says "thank you" rather than all the screeching and jumping up and down. I've said it before but he is so refreshing. Doing it for the introverts 💪

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I'm struggling to want to watch Will anymore. The defensive way he reacts to criticism is not very pleasant. I know he has his struggles along with not being well, but can't PR have a word about how to listen to the judges and be gracious even when you want to rip Craig's head off and issue Shirley a restraining order.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
Maybe manipulative is the wrong word but I think jayde knows exactly what she’s doing she’s a performer and knows how to work an audience. I don’t know if the sob stories are coming from her or production (possibly both) but I don’t like being played emotionally like that even if I can see straight through it. I’m aware this probably makes me a cold hearted bitch but maybe it’s because I never used my own grief like that. It just feels a little tacky to me… I know I’m shit but this dance is my sister so you can’t possibly put me in the dance off or I’m doing this for the big girls don’t vote me out.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

givepeasachance

VIP Member
Jayde and Will are getting on my tits. It's a fucking dance competition, not some weird therapy version of This is Your life. Get your sequins and smile on and go and have some fun ffs.

Edit :I don't think Jayde is manipulative. It is becoming a very depressing watch though. Bring back Brendan to liven things up!

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I'll never understand how in the world Stacey Dooley ended up winning.

Wtf.

Throwback to her Les Mis American Smooth to I Dreamed A Dream when she was grinning like "Whee! This is fun!" while being carried symbolically by the oppressed into a pit of supposed despair, death and decay.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
AB976C96-3B68-4520-8A25-871235DB9C32.jpeg

‘Totally rooting for him’ so much that she had no clue he went out a fortnight ago 🤣🙈

Even though he is annoying, bless Richie for being so lovely.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I'm pissed off.

Jayde giving it the sob story about her dead sister, which is very sad I must say. But in comparison Matt Goss, well at the end when he mentioned his mum and sister made me appreciate how he just bloody well got on with it. He really did. I didn't even know he had a sister that had passed away. No emosh heavy breathing bollocks and mentioning dead relatives every two minutes. I really wish he'd stayed. He's been through a hell of a lot, but kept it all to himself. Dignified.
That was so touching when he said that.
Saying that he wished that they had been there to see him. Aww.

He didn't in any way try to use their loss, as a sob story. It came across as so sincere.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Willow9999

The clips of what’s said during the dances is out. There’s something genuinely endearing about Tony when he asks Katya if that was alright at the end of the dance. Didn’t expect to warm to him when the names were announced but he comes across really well. Katya is a brilliant partner.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
There are two receptions to Jayde’s emotional story on Saturday - on the one hand, people found it exploitative and over the top as if she was manipulating the audience to feel sorry for her. On the other hand, there are people who connected with her sense of grief. I have a friend who tragically lost her little girl when she was only four and referenced Jayde's speech in particular, asking those who knew her daughter to say her name. It's a tough one. I don't think there's a right way or a wrong way to grieve and a stiff upper lip "don't mention it" doesn't help everyone. That's a balanced POV as I'm lucky enough to be somebody who hasn't experienced much loss in my life.

• Sad

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Friday used to be an hour didn't it??
I was thinking about that as I was typing and kinda thought the same.

This is the first year I have been on tattle for Strictly 😁. When I discovered the threads I had great fun reading the 'most liked posts'.

Here's the top one. 😁

7E26FD0C-C3A1-4B66-B08F-86F5806DBD95.jpeg

• Haha

Willow9999

Even in that brief training clip, Will looks like hard work. Complete mardy arse. Not a Nancy fan usually but Christ I feel sorry for her.

Milfordcubicle

VIP Member
Jayde gets right on my tits. She seems to have made a career out of being plus sized and Bristolian. See also Josie Gibson. As a plus sized Bristolian surely it’s my turn soon 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 23