Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #12 Movie week

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s hard for those who have Resting witch Face like Kym, or who make a face when they get a bad score (which is apparently proof that they think they’re entitled to good scores rather than just being a bit disappointed).
The lesson of all this is that we will forgive stuff in people we already like but use it as proof for our dislike of others!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I know Matt isn’t the greatest, but I have a bit of affection for him because my daughter had a serious back problem , and Bros helped her through. He takes the competition very seriously and I believe he will be working very hard, so I was sad for him when Craig gave him a three. He looked crushed. Then for Jayde to get a seven, which I doubt she would have got with that routine if she were slim. It’s a Dancing competition, not one for people being rewarded because they are proud to be big and don’t mind showing it off. I expected more from Craig there. Her dance had very little content, and she wasn’t great. But I am fed up with a lot of it now, Motsi Motormouth, Shirley with her bias, so much better with the previous judges. But maybe what makes me more annoyed is that obviously bell bottoms are making a comeback, and Claudia is embracing it. Not even Christmas, and my Bah Humbug is in full swing. I shouldn’t watch.
I absolutely love Claudia but I think her outfits have been awful - last night her trousers were hazardous; they were so long!
I’ve not watched Strictly in years - big Tony has drawn me back in this year 😂
I don’t remember all the playing for the sympathy votes in past years that seems to be going on this year; with people getting tearful over a dance; it’s not (imo) necessarily “brave” for a big person to choose to dance in a leotard.
As for Matt, I was ridiculing him a bit to begin with, still remembering that documentary.
But he’s grown on me; he seems to be a nervy soul, doesn’t seem to be enjoying the experience and was absolutely devastated by that very harsh 3.

Reactions: 11
I think it’s hard for those who have Resting witch Face like Kym, or who make a face when they get a bad score (which is apparently proof that they think they’re entitled to good scores rather than just being a bit disappointed).
The lesson of all this is that we will forgive stuff in people we already like but use it as proof for our dislike of others!
Or maybe we just shouldn’t police how we think people should think/vote 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I was no fan of Richie and definitely didn’t see the hype around his dance last week. But there were worse in the competition so I was slightly shocked to see him go. However the whole internet seemed to be outraged at the overmarking so then again I’m not that surprised. I was convinced it would be Matt v James purely because Tony (mainly Katya) seemed to have won people over even if it was in a horrified-never-want-to-see-that-again type of way

Reactions: 4
BBC won’t have to pay for half this music as it’s unrecognisably screeched

• Haha
Or maybe we just shouldn’t police how we think people should think/vote 🤷🏻‍♀️
Nobody’s policing anyone! Just pointing out we all make assumptions based on whether we already like someone. I’m not a Kym fan but I think some of the assumptions about her being bored or uncomfortable are probably off-beam and she just has one of those faces..
Meanwhile being a smiley cheeky chappy is going a long way for James

Reactions: 6
Nobody’s policing anyone! Just pointing out we all make assumptions based on whether we already like someone. I’m not a Kym fan but I think some of the assumptions about her being bored or uncomfortable are probably off-beam and she just has one of those faces..
I answered your point about people thinking Fleur acting like she’s better than she is and from your previous post, that was a little bit of a dig at my post. That’s fine, we have very different opinions - I don’t think it was a disappointed face Will or Fleur pulled and I’m entitled to think that about anyone.

My policing comment was based on you saying in a previous post about “let’s concentrate on getting Matt and James out first.” Why? This is a popularity contest and an entertainment show long before it’s a dancing competition and that’s the hill I will die on 😂. I like Matt Goss, I find him fascinating and he has improved (a bit) in the three weeks he’s been dancing. Which is why I voted for him last night and will continue to vote for him.

Reactions: 7
I answered your point about people thinking Fleur acting like she’s better than she is and from your previous post, that was a little bit of a dig at my post. That’s fine, we have very different opinions - I don’t think it was a disappointed face Will or Fleur pulled and I’m entitled to think that about anyone.

My policing comment was based on you saying in a previous post about “let’s concentrate on getting Matt and James out first.” Why? This is a popularity contest and an entertainment show long before it’s a dancing competition and that’s the hill I will die on 😂. I like Matt Goss, I find him fascinating and he has improved (a bit) in the three weeks he’s been dancing. Which is why I voted for him last night and will continue to vote for him.
Fair enough - you can vote for whoever you like obv!! I think my broader point stands, that liking contestants can be a bit irrational and that we all see them differently. Ones person’s emotion is another’s ‘fake’.

I really want to like Jayde but she's pretty poor. I spend half her dances thinking - pick up your feet!!!

I'm struggling with this series cos there's no celebrity I really like and there's been no stand out dances so far.

Then they've lost so many popular professionals and the new ones just aren't connecting so far.

It's all a bit lacklustre this year.

I'm really hoping someone pulls it out the bag next week and ignites the series.

Reactions: 7
Am I allowed to admit I quite enjoyed decrepit old granny Kym's Charleston? I enjoyed her characterisation and it was a fun routine that was pretty similar to the film. I actually liked it better than Tyler's - couldn't get past that ugly ankle spinner.

Absolutely, confirmation bias at its best.

I do love the idea that you’re supposed to respond to being told that you’re tit on prime-time tv by beaming like a lunatic and screaming ‘thank you! I always knew I was tit, I’m so pleased you’ve confirmed that!’

As any fool knows, this is the correct facial response to being told that your dance was tit:

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Absolutely, confirmation bias at its best.

I do love the idea that you’re supposed to respond to being told that you’re tit on prime-time tv by beaming like a lunatic and screaming ‘thank you! I always knew I was tit, I’m so pleased you’ve confirmed that!’

As any fool knows, this is the correct facial response to being told that your dance was tit:
Gutted there's nobody that unites us in snarkitude like Tom this year.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Am I allowed to admit I quite enjoyed decrepit old granny Kym's Charleston? I enjoyed her characterisation and it was a fun routine that was pretty similar to the film.
I loved it! She might have looked a bit like she was wading through treacle, but I thought she executed the moves well and acted the part brilliantly.

It’s a shame it was so early in the running order as I think it got a bit forgotten due to the mass of arse-achingly dull ballroom dances that took up about 7 hours of the show last night.

Reactions: 6
I don’t remember all the playing for the sympathy votes in past years that seems to be going on this year; with people getting tearful over a dance; it’s not (imo) necessarily “brave” for a big person to choose to dance in a leotard.
The crying has definitely become more of ‘A Thing’ over the last few years.

I blame Ore. Jaysus, that bloke would start sobbing if he accidentally put a bit too much milk in his tea 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've just seen that Tyler's brother has posted a 10 day countdown to the wedding on his insta. So Tyler should be ok if he gets through to next week.

The sympathy vote angle has definitely been amped up in recent years which the couples’ choice dance hasn’t helped because there’s an inevitable emotional story about someone’s nan/musical theatre childhood/acne. Rhys talking about how important his faith is to him last year before coming out and dancing as Spider-Man was a personal highlight for me.

For me, no one will be worse for getting tearful than Ore who cried after numerous dances because he’d never danced before and Strictly was just so amazing.

(All of that culminating in the producers flying out Gene Kelly’s widow to watch him dance to Singin’ in the Rain in the final before Len literally gave him a standing ovation and declared that he was what Strictly is all about will never not make me mad. They basically had a big neon sign saying “Don’t vote for Danny Mac” #Dannywasrobbed)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.