Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #12 Movie week

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suppose in typical Strictly style Ritchie was not the worst dancer at all. I think Tony, Ellie (not S but can't remember her name), Matt, James and Jayde are all worse but the bonkers judging scores leading people to vote for those unfairly underscored, awful costumes and lack of rapport with Gio left him very vulnerable.
There doesn't seem to be anyone amazing so far. Not in the Danny Mac catagory anyway. I watched a few YT video of him and Oti earlier and omg how the hell did he not win? The American Smooth where Oti launched herself from a platform about 5 foot into his arms šŸ˜²

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Graziano with shorter hair... Ooooohhh Helllloooo... šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜ šŸ”„ (He never did it for me before with his pobšŸ˜‚)

....has it actually been cut or is it some crazy strictly magic they have spun? šŸ¤”!!
Whatever it was! I loved it. Graz is attractive, but I agree, not keen on his hair. But whatever they did with it lat night. Wow. Feral!

Reactions: 4
I suppose in typical Strictly style Ritchie was not the worst dancer at all. I think Tony, Ellie (not S but can't remember her name), Matt, James and Jayde are all worse but the bonkers judging scores leading people to vote for those unfairly underscored, awful costumes and lack of rapport with Gio left him very vulnerable.
There doesn't seem to be anyone amazing so far. Not in the Danny Mac catagory anyway. I watched a few YT video of him and Oti earlier and omg how the hell did he not win? The American Smooth where Oti launched herself from a platform about 5 foot into his arms šŸ˜²
The first series I ever watched was when Chris Hollins and Ola beat Ricky Whittle and Natalie to the glitterball - I wondered wtf it was all about. It was my husband who introduced me to Strictly and he still cannot get over Rachel Stevens losing out to Tom Chambers - actually Iā€™ve just asked him about it and canā€™t repeat what he said šŸ˜¬. He said ā€œimagine letting a trained tap dancer do a tap routine in the finalā€ so Iā€™ve pointed out Helen is a qualified tap teacher so it may happen again šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 7
based on spoiler, Richie wasn't great last night, probably forgotten by end of the night. But didn't expect him to be in bottom 2. Thought Ellie T maybe James or Matt as bottom 2.

Knew Fleur was gonna end up as surprise bottom 2 appearance, earlier than I expected I must say. People will scream racism like when Alexandra/Jamelia/Chizzy/Aston etc. But I just don't think she connects with viewers well. It's the same on her radio show, she just doesn't connect.

Of the two in the dance off the right pair were eliminated though.

Reactions: 6
I think it's really interesting how people make assumptions about behaviour of celebs and pros.

For example: Kym is being controlled by her husband and is afraid to have a good time. Maybe she's just not enjoying it that much or maybe she's not mad about Graziano and wants to be professional?

Or: Giovanni hates Richie and hasn't connected with him. To me it looks like he's having a good time. Even as a waterhog, he looked like he saw the funny side of it and had a laugh. He's not a diva like Brendan huffing if he gets a dud and I'm sure he knows what side his bread his buttered on.

Reactions: 13
I think it's really interesting how people make assumptions about behaviour of celebs and pros.

For example: Kym is being controlled by her husband and is afraid to have a good time. Maybe she's just not enjoying it that much or maybe she's not mad about Graziano and wants to be professional?

Or: Giovanni hates Richie and hasn't connected with him. To me it looks like he's having a good time. Even as a waterhog, he looked like he saw the funny side of it and had a laugh. He's not a diva like Brendan huffing if he gets a dud and I'm sure he knows what side his bread his buttered on.
I actually thought Gio looked happier last night than he has in a long time. I mean genuine happiness. He let go and just had fun. He was smiling last year but it was different. He knew the glitterball was his last year and I think there was a pressure not to put a step wrong.

Reactions: 20
I actually thought Gio looked happier last night than he has in a long time. I mean genuine happiness. He let go and just had fun. He was smiling last year but it was different. He knew the glitterball was his last year and I think there was a pressure not to put a step wrong.
I'd agree with this - he seemed to enjoy just dicking about in a daft costume without having to worry about playing up to showmance rumours or maintaining his golden boy status.

Reactions: 23
Iā€™m really not understanding how Jayde got such good marks on comparison with Matt and Tony - Craigā€™s marking for both of them was, I thought, a bit cruel.
Yet he gives an uncharacteristically high mark for what I thought was a poor routine that wasnā€™t suited to the dancer, given that she could not get off the floor at one point.
Iā€™m overweight. I wouldnā€™t expect a sympathy mark for it.
Sorry if harsh.

Reactions: 17
Iā€™m getting really frustrated by some of the samba comparison from last night- Katya getting criticised on DS/Twitter for her distractions and content, yet Gio did the same for Richie and itā€™s barely commented on?! Tony literally seemed to have more samba content than R. Neither are strong dancers but I get annoyed at certain pros getting a free pass.

Reactions: 13
Iā€™m getting really frustrated by some of the samba comparison from last night- Katya getting criticised on DS/Twitter for her distractions and content, yet Gio did the same for Richie and itā€™s barely commented on?! Tony literally seemed to have more samba content than R. Neither are strong dancers but I get annoyed at certain pros getting a free pass.
Richie's dance was truly shocking I thought. I couldn't actually believe how poor it actually was.

Reactions: 15
Tonyā€™s dance had more content and he did it better. That he got a 2 and Richie got an 8 was ridiculous.

Reactions: 30
apparently Molly isnā€™t getting votes either according to the polls, so how long before we see her v Fleur in the DO?? I agree Fleur hasnā€™t had a standout routine yet but I also feel the judgesā€™ comments donā€™t help. Even in giving her 8 last night Motsi was lukewarm.
Itā€™s just a bit depressing to see all the usual talk floating about - that sheā€™s just like Alexandra, that sheā€™s up herself etc. can we please just focus on getting rid of James and Matt first then worry about her?
LadyL is trying to be gracious but the idea that the single 8 doomed Richie is absurd. It did grate a bit but it was the fact that like Fleur he was mid-table and not one of the people felt to be in danger. Youā€™d only vote for that routine if you were a fan of his.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The more I think about Jayde, the more Iā€™m a bit meh about her. I love that sheā€™s having an amazing time but Iā€™m finding the whole doing it for the bigger girls thing quite annoying. Sheā€™s not the first plus size celeb to do strictly and she seems to be getting good marks and praise for just giving it a go whilst being big. Judy Love wasnā€™t pandered to because she wasnā€™t a size 8.

Itā€™s a shame cos sheā€™s clearly got some natural ability. I think a better pro wouldā€™ve got more out of her and played to her strengths.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I know Matt isnā€™t the greatest, but I have a bit of affection for him because my daughter had a serious back problem , and Bros helped her through. He takes the competition very seriously and I believe he will be working very hard, so I was sad for him when Craig gave him a three. He looked crushed. Then for Jayde to get a seven, which I doubt she would have got with that routine if she were slim. Itā€™s a Dancing competition, not one for people being rewarded because they are proud to be big and donā€™t mind showing it off. I expected more from Craig there. Her dance had very little content, and she wasnā€™t great. But I am fed up with a lot of it now, Motsi Motormouth, Shirley with her bias, so much better with the previous judges. But maybe what makes me more annoyed is that obviously bell bottoms are making a comeback, and Claudia is embracing it. Not even Christmas, and my Bah Humbug is in full swing. I shouldnā€™t watch.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
If the rumour is true about Richie and Giovanni leaving, I just realised for the first year Gio wonā€™t be able to defend his King of Halloween title šŸ˜­

Reactions: 5
i think whoever said Gio isnā€™t that bothered is right - barely any posts about Richie which is a bit crap given what a big deal it is for him to be on SCD. Still, he will now be free to go public with Rose!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don't think he's arrogant at all. Seems a nice, fun guy. And the best dancer by a mile so far.
I think heā€™s probably on par with Will. itā€™ll be good to see him doing dances that are outwith his ā€˜comfort zoneā€™

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.