Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #12 Movie week

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s hard for those who have Resting witch Face like Kym, or who make a face when they get a bad score (which is apparently proof that they think they’re entitled to good scores rather than just being a bit disappointed).
The lesson of all this is that we will forgive stuff in people we already like but use it as proof for our dislike of others!
I thought she was very good last night and I genuinely don't get any vibe that she is uneasy or uncomfortable with Graziano as has been mentioned here on previous threads. And I'm not overly fond of her, even though I only really know her from back in the day when I used to watch Corrie, but I think she comes across fine.

Tony and Katya - that was the performance of the night for me. I thought he would be first out after watching him the first night. And he looked so uneasy about the dance whereas last week and this week he looked as if he is enjoying himself. So he will never be a dancer, but he is working hard and now I want him to stay as long as possible because he is very likeable and I want to see what else Katya will dream up. 😁

Tyler is one of my favourites and Molly is another. I just wonder in both cases if they have the support to keep them in.

Reactions: 7
I agree with all the comments about Jayde's scores - she was very lucky they were on last and wanted to end on a feel good moment. I do like her and her partnership with Karen, but all her reposting of how she was trending is reminding me why I unfollowed her a couple of years ago

Also, I can see them being quite generous with her for a couple more weeks as I doubt they'll want both same sex couples to go out one after the other. But then probably ditch her if she's still not pulling in the votes

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The sympathy vote angle has definitely been amped up in recent years which the couples’ choice dance hasn’t helped because there’s an inevitable emotional story about someone’s nan/musical theatre childhood/acne. Rhys talking about how important his faith is to him last year before coming out and dancing as Spider-Man was a personal highlight for me.

For me, no one will be worse for getting tearful than Ore who cried after numerous dances because he’d never danced before and Strictly was just so amazing.

(All of that culminating in the producers flying out Gene Kelly’s widow to watch him dance to Singin’ in the Rain in the final before Len literally gave him a standing ovation and declared that he was what Strictly is all about will never not make me mad. They basically had a big neon sign saying “Don’t vote for Danny Mac” #Dannywasrobbed)
Also I think Danny got fewer public votes because he DIDN'T show much emotion - he was always super professional, which for some members of the audience probably translated as 'not emotional enough' or too 'bland'.
And I think there is a difference between people being encouraged to trot out sob stories for a CC ('my budgie died so 'Wind Beneath My Wings' has always had a special meaning') and the emotion that seems to come out a lot in Strictly. If it were just about dancing it wouldn't be the show it is.

re: Molly: she is stage school trained which will defo come back to bite her, as she has nothing to offset being 'too good' - she's nice but bland, doesn't seem to have much interesting life experience, and hasn't yet put a foot wrong..

Reactions: 5
Tyler has too many teeth for me to find him attractive 😆 A well-danced Charleston is always a vote winner, but I need to see him do a good basic ballroom before I start thinking he could be a contender.
Other than Hamza, who is adorable, no one is grabbing me yet, although I do like Helen and think she will do very well.

Reactions: 6
I loved it! She might have looked a bit like she was wading through treacle, but I thought she executed the moves well and acted the part brilliantly.

It’s a shame it was so early in the running order as I think it got a bit forgotten due to the mass of arse-achingly dull ballroom dances that took up about 7 hours of the show last night.
For a theme week, the dances were very samey … it doesn’t help that Fleur, Mollie, Helen and possibly even Kym are duking it out for the same ‘slot’. At least Kym got a dance that set her apart a little.

Reactions: 2
Absolutely, confirmation bias at its best.

I do love the idea that you’re supposed to respond to being told that you’re tit on prime-time tv by beaming like a lunatic and screaming ‘thank you! I always knew I was tit, I’m so pleased you’ve confirmed that!’

As any fool knows, this is the correct facial response to being told that your dance was tit:
I'm dying laughing because I'm just thinking if it is the case that the ones who work for BBC are pressurised to some extent, when it comes to taking part, one of them might well respond with 'thank you, I did NOT want to take part but they said...' voice trails off ...as Tess tries in vain to think of how to rescue the situation 😁

I wasn't on these threads for previous Strictly seasons but I read all the 'most liked' posts one night a while back, and Tom featured a fair bit. Not for being the most liked participant though 😁.

That picture will always make me laugh 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 6
God no, Jackson from Grey's Anatomy is another level of beautiful. Those grey eyes...

Tyler's okay but looks nothing like him!
I met Jesse Williams (Jackson) at the airport in New York years ago. It was five am and no should look as good as he did at that time in the morning.
Also I think Danny got fewer public votes because he DIDN'T show much emotion - he was always super professional, which for some members of the audience probably translated as 'not emotional enough' or too 'bland'.
Yeah, the week he did his AT, I remember his dad was ill/in hospital and he was trying not to break down about it but it came across to some viewers (and The Sun) as him being in a bad mood/aggressive rather than him not wanting to cry about personal stuff on live TV.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
For a theme week, the dances were very samey … it doesn’t help that Fleur, Mollie, Helen and possibly even Kym are duking it out for the same ‘slot’. At least Kym got a dance that set her apart a little.
I honestly don’t remember a thing about Fleur, Mollie and Helen last night 🤷‍♀️

I feel like they all did dances they’d already done & I completely zoned out.

Reactions: 8
Katya is a genius. That dance was such good fun and I love that Tony is throwing himself into it and really trying to learn. I hope he gets a few more weeks, so many of the celebs are samey, but he is memorable (For various reasons!)

Reactions: 17
Remember the time Jay and Aliona did THAT jive in week 3 and Darcy said she'd love to give a ten but it was too early? Sack Shirl and bring back Darcy!
See I do think if any dance a deserved an early 10 it was that one. Like it just couldn't have been improved upon. I think it's almost as bad not to give an early 10 just because it's week 2 as to give them out like sweets.
I just wish the judges would be sensible and fair! Tyler's charleston was really good but I can easily imagine it being even better if they did it again in the final, and there'll be no way for for Motsi and Shirley to acknowledge the improvement!

Reactions: 9
I think I've said this before but I'll repeat it any way 😂😂😂

Me and the old dear go to a lot of strictly shows and go to the Tour most years.

No matter how good the celebrity, you can see the difference between them and the professional dancers. This was really noticeable when we saw Tom Chambers in Top Hat - he just couldn't keep up with the pro dancers.

There is however one exception to this - Danny Mac!!! He was sensational on the Tour!!! He looked like a professional dancer

I still can't believe he lost.

They really need to do an all stars show so he can get his glitterball trophy 💖💖💖

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree with all the comments about Jayde's scores - she was very lucky they were on last and wanted to end on a feel good moment. I do like her and her partnership with Karen, but all her reposting of how she was trending is reminding me why I unfollowed her a couple of years ago
Is it wrong that I LOLed when Motsi said ‘yeah, you’re doing a great job of showing that dancing is for everyone, no matter their size or shape. I particularly liked that bit where you struggled to get up off the floor.’ 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Even though its early I really want Hamza to win. I don't have a pull towards anyone else really. I didn't know who Helen was and I find her kind of dull.
I like Molly, she's definitely filling the Rhys/Karim role of kids presenter that seems naturally pretty good.
Jayde isn't as good as I wanted her to be, though I don't want her to go as I really, REALLY enjoy watching Karen.
I didn't think Tyler was 10-worthy and don't get excited about watching him.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm dying laughing because I'm just thinking if it is the case that the ones who work for BBC are pressurised to some extent, when it comes to taking part, one of them might well respond with 'thank you, I did NOT want to take part but they said...' voice trails off ...as Tess tries in vain to think of how to rescue the situation 😁

I wasn't on these threads for previous Strictly seasons but I read all the 'most liked' posts one night a while back, and Tom featured a fair bit. Not for being the most liked participant though 😁.

That picture will always make me laugh 😁
That was basically Naga wasn’t it 😁

Reactions: 2
I agree there's no obvious finalists this year...but I kinda prefer that! As much as I loved last year's...it was obvious from about week 3 who would be in the final!
This year feels a bit more...anything can happen!
including a timone and pemba samba, 10s in week 3 and Tony Adams thrusting like a man possessed in glittery pants!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Even though its early I really want Hamza to win. I don't have a pull towards anyone else really. I didn't know who Helen was and I find her kind of dull.
I like Molly, she's definitely filling the Rhys/Karim role of kids presenter that seems naturally pretty good.
Jayde isn't as good as I wanted her to be, though I don't want her to go as I really, REALLY enjoy watching Karen.
I didn't think Tyler was 10-worthy and don't get excited about watching him.
Yeah I agree, I'm all in for the beautiful Hamza. His innate loveliness just shines through the screen. I hope next week he gets a decent dance with no dodgy theme...

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.