Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn’t Gio slated by the judges for his choreo in his first series? Yet he ended up being one of the most popular and best pros the show has ever had 😂 People need to calm down and let him settle in ffs.
We say the same thing about every new pro, they all need the first series to settle in, get the level right etc.

Reactions: 6
Is it just me that does not understand the hype about Richie? Last week he was extremely stiff and this week I didn’t think he was half as good as the judges/ most of twitter are saying. If anyone else spent at least half of a quickstep doing a tit cartwheel, beyonce moves in a non beyonce song and running on the spot they’d be slated and given low scores. I’m sorry but it was all over the place especially when you compare it to Joe and Dianne’s quickstep to the same song not 4 or 5 years ago

Reactions: 10
What happened with Peter Andre ? I didn't start watching Strictly until a couple of years ago .
He was an early front runner after wiggling his hips a lot in the first few weeks and did a decent Charleston. Then it all fell apart, he ended up in the bottom 2 against Jamelia in Blackpool and somehow beat her even though she was clearly miles better.

Jamelia gave a legendary exit interview where she revealed she knew she was going home because they re-shot the end of Peter's dance and made the audience give him a standing ovation

Cue JAMELIAGATE scandal and Len having to go on It Takes Two to say there was nothing dodgy about it (there was). To this day, whenever my daughter sees Peter Andre on TV, she says, 'oh that's the one that cheated on Strictly' 😆

Just to be clear, I don't think Will will be steeped in scandal, more that he's an above average dad dancer who might not go the distance 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Is it just me that does not understand the hype about Richie? Last week he was extremely stiff and this week I didn’t think he was half as good as the judges/ most of twitter are saying. If anyone else spent at least half of a quickstep doing a tit cartwheel, beyonce moves in a non beyonce song and running on the spot they’d be slated and given low scores. I’m sorry but it was all over the place especially when you compare it to Joe and Dianne’s quickstep to the same song not 4 or 5 years ago
It was tit and not worth 8’s at all especially as Molly also got two 8’s. It was also barely a quickstep. Len would 100% have called them out for lack of quickstep in hold (I believe you can break hold but not as much as they did. J&D broke hold for the small middle section but the rest of the dance was in hold.Craig also have Joe an 8. Make it make sense)

Reactions: 5
He was an early front runner after wiggling his hips a lot in the first few weeks and did a decent Charleston. Then it all fell apart, he ended up in the bottom 2 against Jamelia in Blackpool and somehow beat her even though she was clearly miles better.

Jamelia gave a legendary exit interview where she revealed she knew she was going home because they re-shot the end of Peter's dance and made the audience give him a standing ovation

Cue JAMELIAGATE scandal and Len having to go on It Takes Two to say there was nothing dodgy about it (there was). To this day, whenever my daughter sees Peter Andre on TV, she says, 'oh that's the one that cheated on Strictly' 😆

Just to be clear, I don't think Will will be steeped in scandal, more that he's an above average dad dancer who might not go the distance 😆
I will also think of "standing ovation"! What a legend.

For the Vito fans, this is very cute - Gio is not the only pro who can wear a suit!

Reactions: 4
Yea I hate the scoring at the moment it’s been too high. Remember when Jay did his jive and I think it was Bruno wouldn’t give him a 10 because it was so early in the competition?
It was Darcy. And it still rankles 😂 Bruno was the only one to give him a ten. The others all gave nines.

Reactions: 5
Have caught up on all the dances now.
Thought Nikita and Ellie were really lovely. I thought the waltz might look awkward, but they had a real connection and great timing.
Richie and Gio were much better together than last week.
Will was disappointing.
And I felt sad for lovely Hamza when he said “I’m too big to jive”.
There are so many contestants at this stage that a group of them are easy to forget. James, Kym, Fleur, Ellie T, Tyler are currently in this category for me.
Tony Adams is not a good dancer, but at least I can remember his routine! Plus I like the way he is really throwing himself into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I saw Kai and Kayes intro then I woke up at the end of Blankety Blank
Going to catch up after I’ve finished the housework

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I quite like Helen and think she could be a dark horse but the whole 'I don't know how to be sexy/graceful I'm just a mum' thing could get old very quickly

Reactions: 18
I quite like Helen and think she could be a dark horse but the whole 'I don't know how to be sexy/graceful I'm just a mum' thing could get old very quickly

I think she’s been ‘given’ that story line by TPTB: it’s recycled from Susanna Reid and Louise Redknapp.

I don’t imagine for one minute that ‘let’s bring sexy mirrors into the rehearsal room’ was Gorka’s idea. He doesn’t strike me as being much of a one for that type of crap.

Reactions: 16
Didn’t see the show live last night but catching up now. Will’s attitude during judges comments / the next part with Claudia 🥴🤦‍♂️ I get he was probably hacked off at himself but he needs more of a poker face to take it less serious. He looked SO annoyed and like he wanted to punch a wall or something! It just doesn’t come across well which is a shame because he does seem like a lovely person.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.