Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I so wish Anneka had been better. She is such a lovely personality and it would have been nice to see her career rejuvenated.

I'd like to see Sean from GMB, seems a lovely guy and deserves a bigger profile. Certainly rather him than alex beresford who comes across as a bit of a knob

Reactions: 4
Anneka looked amazing in her Waltz dress in week two and then they stuck her in a yellow boiler suit for her final dance. So unfair.

Reactions: 1
I so wish Anneka had been better. She is such a lovely personality and it would have been nice to see her career rejuvenated.

I'd like to see Sean from GMB, seems a lovely guy and deserves a bigger profile. Certainly rather him than alex beresford who comes across as a bit of a knob
I think if she had a different partner, her entire experience would have been much better and who knows, that might have led to better dancing 🤷🏻‍♀️

Old KC knew from the minute he picked up the glitterball with Stacey, the following year he would get a duffer. Add in that it was to be his last year and when the time came, he just wasn’t interested.

Anneka didn’t stand a chance in that dance. I very vividly remember Kevin on ITT the following Monday saying they had to work with what they were given. She was set up to fail just like Jason and Luba were last year with that Star Wars paso.

Reactions: 3
I think if she had a different partner, her entire experience would have been much better and who knows, that might have led to better dancing 🤷🏻‍♀️

Old KC knew from the minute he picked up the glitterball with Stacey, the following year he would get a duffer. Add in that it was to be his last year and when the time came, he just wasn’t interested.

This was from a few months back, and it sounds like she didn't really enjoy it much and apparently got whiplash from the Charleston. She also said that Kevin didn't do any warm up exercises with her at all 🙄

I think Strictly thought partnering her with Kevin would mean she would stay in a bit longer and have an Ed Balls-type journey

• Wow
No warm ups? That’s strange, especially considering that she was the oldest celeb of the season and it is physically tougher to do SCD the older you are.

Reactions: 6

This was from a few months back, and it sounds like she didn't really enjoy it much and apparently got whiplash from the Charleston. She also said that Kevin didn't do any warm up exercises with her at all 🙄

I think Strictly thought partnering her with Kevin would mean she would stay in a bit longer and have an Ed Balls-type journey
BiB I agree but the irony of that logic when he had a decent dancer every other year is hilarious! They had no idea how he would react with a ‘comedy’ dancer thanks to the incessant quest to King Kev the glitterball.

Aljaz would have been a better fit for her. And that might have saved him from Emma Weymouth’s wee crush 🥰

Reactions: 9
I knew Anneka was going to be a duffer when she couldn't clap in time on the opening show.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
BiB I agree but the irony of that logic when he had a decent dancer every other year is hilarious! They had no idea how he would react with a ‘comedy’ dancer thanks to the incessant quest to King Kev the glitterball.

Aljaz would have been a better fit for her. And that might have saved him from Emma Weymouth’s wee crush 🥰
Ah bless her, that crush was a wee bit obvious wasn't it. I think perhaps some of it was because she didn't come from an entertainment background and it was just such completely a different experience from her normal life

Re Kevin, if was so weird that he just didn't seem to know who to react to having a proper duffer at all (Susan had rhythm and could do a half decent dance). But giving her a Kill Bill Charleston in week 3 was harsh ha

Reactions: 7
Ah bless her, that crush was a wee bit obvious wasn't it. I think perhaps some of it was because she didn't come from an entertainment background and it was just such completely a different experience from her normal life

Re Kevin, if was so weird that he just didn't seem to know who to react to having a proper duffer at all (Susan had rhythm and could do a half decent dance). But giving her a Kill Bill Charleston in week 3 was harsh ha
I think Susan’s personality made it easier for him too and I don’t think people were totally ruling them out at all.

It’s a shame for Anneka that that was her experience. I wonder if that was the first year she’d been asked or she eventually thought “I’ll do it”. I kinda hope it’s the former, it must be tit when you’re partner doesn’t care enough to even warm up!

I'd like Madeley to do it but I have visions of him being rubbish - tall, awkward mover, flailing limbs and no real sense of the music like with Anneka Rice.

He was apparently Natalie's celeb for 2010 and Scott Maslen would have had Aliona instead. I guess Amy, Oti or Nadiya now. Wonder why he did drop out at the 11th hour.
I'll give Richard his due, he's in absolutely great shape for his age. Looks years younger.

Reactions: 10
Tom Daly is taking a break from diving. Just saying…
I’ve seen his name pop up a lot. Personally I think he’s a bit too still in his A game to take part this year. Give him a few years just before he slips into obscurity and he may appear.

Reactions: 8
I’ve seen his name pop up a lot. Personally I think he’s a bit too still in his A game to take part this year. Give him a few years just before he slips into obscurity and he may appear.
If he’s got any sense he’ll do it this year to gain exposure and try to land another job.

If he’s got any sense he’ll do it this year to gain exposure and try to land another job.
I mean, he isn't short of a quid or two. But he definitely needs to start plotting his post diving career. And he should be able to rise above the barrel scrapping dregs of a lot of the reality TV circuit. But Strictly would be a good one to do.

Aren't the commonwealth games next year? I'd be surprised if Tom retired before then but I can also see him doing strictly for a few months, or even I'm a celebrity if he wants to avoid injury

I think Susan’s personality made it easier for him too and I don’t think people were totally ruling them out at all.
Susan absolutely loved Kevin, I think the fact that she seemed to massage his ego helped their partnership and kept him really invested (who wouldn't be if you are basically being worshipped?). I'm not quite sure that Anneka was the same.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.