Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can actually see Tom leaving quite early (I hope) I don’t think he’s as well liked as the public think

when is the next announcement? Who will be the obligatory EE cast member this year?

Reactions: 5
I can actually see Tom leaving quite early (I hope) I don’t think he’s as well liked as the public think

when is the next announcement? Who will be the obligatory EE cast member this year?
There’s a lot of people vastly over estimating just how many fans tom/mcfly have. Harry won ten years ago but he was actually really good (went on to tour rip it up with other ex strictly celebs). Toms success all depends on who else is announced. After the furlough thing I think a lot of people will be put off.

But he’s also just smug and insufferable and I think his quirky dad persona will wear thin quickly.

Reactions: 15
I can't see Tom being very good, not sure how likeable he is to wider public but talent wise I'm not sure. It would be a massive ego dent to be early out.

The comparison to will young with John is pretty spot on in personality terms.

Reactions: 3
Can't believe we're going to have to spend another winter with the Fletchers dominating our tv screens 😖 I can just picture her smug face in the audience 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
There’s a lot of people vastly over estimating just how many fans tom/mcfly have. Harry won ten years ago but he was actually really good (went on to tour rip it up with other ex strictly celebs). Toms success all depends on who else is announced. After the furlough thing I think a lot of people will be put off.

But he’s also just smug and insufferable and I think his quirky dad persona will wear thin quickly.
yep 100% even the majority of the people in the McFly thread seem to dislike him.

i think the ‘access all areas’ scam and furlough rubbed a lot of fans up the wrong way.

Reactions: 4
John doesn't exactly wow me as a signing for the first male-male pairing since they've hyped up more high profile names but I'm going to guess that they want someone with potential dance talent to do it and saw him as their best bet.

Reactions: 1

Everyone I’ve spoken to has been a bit 🙄 about Tom Fletcher. There will be some die-hard McFly/McBusted fans and the Mumsnetters might vote for their High Priestess’s husband but I don’t think he’ll be a shoe-in because of popularity.

Here’s the article about Tom:

"first all male couple" honestly is there anybody that really gives a tit about this "first"?

just get on and dance, and dance well, and entertain us. No special or different treatment or highlighting is necessary these days. To me it just shows how backwards the BBC still are, if they really think they've broken boundaries with this. Pats on backs all round in their board rooms no doubt, meanwhile the real world just shrugs and wonders what took them so long.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
"first all male couple" honestly is there anybody that really gives a tit about this "first"?

just get on and dance, and dance well, and entertain us. No special or different treatment or highlighting is necessary these days. To me it just shows how backwards the BBC still are, if they really think they've broken boundaries with this. Pats on backs all round in their board rooms no doubt, meanwhile the real world just shrugs and wonders what took them so long.
Exactly! I want to watch John's dancing, I really don't care about any of the commentary surrounding the gender of his partner.

I suppose it depends on the dances they do as well.

Nicola only did quickstep, jive and street I think? I don't think any of them are very sensual normally anyway. Also, I'm not sure she'd really settled into it, or suited Katya's slightly frantic style that well.

If John does things like AT, contemporary, salsa and works well with his partner, as well as some more traditional ballroom and Latin, it could be a completely different story! If he's a good dancer it will make a difference too.

(I wasn't meaning to contradict you by the way, I do think Nicola and Katya could have looked better together than they did. I just don't think it's very fair when people say Katya made it all side-by-side as an agenda thing, when it's stylistically normal for same-sex couples.)
‘Sesnsous’ was probably the wrong word - I suppose I was meaning more of a sense of connectivity and two people dancing as one ‘entity’ (whether in hold or not, and whether doing the exact same thing or not), rather than the Tweedledum/Tweedledee-ness of Katya & Nicola.

Maybe with a pro with less ‘one note’ choreo than Katya and a celeb a bit less crap than Nicola it’ll be better executed. After all, James Jordan and Artem’s rumba was fabulous!

Do they have to have a McFly member every year? Arn't any of Westlife interested in joining up? 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Nicky Byrne did it a few years ago, Karen was his partner! Would love to see Shane 😍
He was good! I’m surprised Shane didn’t do it after losing all that money (I know there’s more to it than the money but it might’ve raised his profile again)

I don’t know how tall John is, but I feel like Gio would be great in this partnership - his choreo is challenging and sizzling!

Reactions: 3
He was good! I’m surprised Shane didn’t do it after losing all that money (I know there’s more to it than the money but it might’ve raised his profile again)
Oh yes!!! What a shitter that was. Just think he focused on his solo career. Strictly might have helped with that!!

My daughter is a die hard McFly fan and even she finds the Fletchers insufferable.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don’t know how tall John is, but I feel like Gio would be great in this partnership - his choreo is challenging and sizzling!
I hope they don’t go down the ‘obvious’ route of Johannes.

Last year I think Graziano did some same-sex partnering in a couple of pro dances, so maybe they were trying him out for an all-male partnership?

It's been ten years (🤯) since they last had a McFly member, they've double-dipped into other bands within a shorter time frame than that. What is it that people don't like about Tom (apart from the furlough thing)? I haven't followed McFly since my early teen years when I had posters of them on my walls 🙈😆

6'2 he said on the radio today, so one for the taller pros :)

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.