Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's still early days I wont make actual real guesses until all the celebs have been announced but just based on the 3 announced today I can see Tom getting paired up with Amy; both of their images are the 'sweet boy/girl next door' however Tom seems to be like that and Amy as much as I think she is like that normally in 'strictly mode' she's desperate for the win and screeches on case in point 2019 with Karim; I near had to put earplugs in by the final :LOL:
Please no! I think you are right about the boy/girl next door thing but I really don't think I'd enjoy another full series of her at all (and she's just had Karim 2 series ago anyway, still someone else's turn).

Reactions: 1
I could see Tom with Oti tbh seeing as they both have kids books and do a bit of other miscellaneous kids entertainment stuff. I don’t see him as a contender and I can’t picture him with either Karen or Katya. I just don’t want him paired with Dianne because I like her and can’t stand him 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 4
Not sure if Tom will be the best dancer but I think the McFly fanbase will keep him in to the latter stages.

Reactions: 3
I groaned when I saw Tom Fletcher. The whole family is insufferable. They are the kind of people that have to be bigger, better, greater….. sigh

Reactions: 20
I groaned when I saw Tom Fletcher. The whole family is insufferable. They are the kind of people that have to be bigger, better, greater….. sigh
With Giovanna winning IAC just last year, he’ll be on a relentless campaign to win. Something for us all to look forward to…

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I could have sworn Tom fletcher and the wife ripped the British public off with the furlough thing?? Has it been forgotten already? 😳😳

Reactions: 18
I loved him on bake off but in recent years he has come across as a bit of an ego online. Interesting to see
He is often cooking on Stephs packed lunch, which Anton is on a couple of days a week too. Maybe he has had tips, maybe not....ya the ego grew a bit .

Reactions: 1
I loved him on bake off but in recent years he has come across as a bit of an ego online. Interesting to see
I was the same. He was great on Bake Off. Comes across as a bit of a dick online these days. But he is good eye candy, so I'm hoping for some good outfits to showcase him. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't know this one, but he's going to be in the all-male partnership:

Never heard of him either, but I’m guessing the partnership will follow the same pattern as the same-sex DOI pairing and Nicola and Katya last year: lots of very tame, side-by-side ‘buddy’ choreography without the barest hint of sexual chemistry and no ‘romantic’ body contact because the producers are terrified of scaring viewers away.

Reactions: 3
But that's honestly how competitive same sex couples tend to dance. The matching side-by-side stuff is a really big part of it. Obviously ballroom doesn't look hugely different.

Reactions: 2
I just know him as the bloke who sliced his hand to bits on bake off. Pretty sure he couldn’t complete that weeks episode because he had to go to hospital.

Reactions: 6
But that's honestly how competitive same sex couples tend to dance. The matching side-by-side stuff is a really big part of it. Obviously ballroom doesn't look hugely different.

Oh, that’s a bit disappointing 😕

I’ve seen some very sensual and intimate same-sex Argentine tangos, with great chemistry and connection, so that’s the kind of ‘benchmark’ I had.
I tend to find side-by-side stuff a bit rubbish because unless the celeb is excellent or the pro dances down considerably, the difference in ability is too distracting.

Reactions: 5
I suppose it depends on the dances they do as well.

Nicola only did quickstep, jive and street I think? I don't think any of them are very sensual normally anyway. Also, I'm not sure she'd really settled into it, or suited Katya's slightly frantic style that well.

If John does things like AT, contemporary, salsa and works well with his partner, as well as some more traditional ballroom and Latin, it could be a completely different story! If he's a good dancer it will make a difference too.

(I wasn't meaning to contradict you by the way, I do think Nicola and Katya could have looked better together than they did. I just don't think it's very fair when people say Katya made it all side-by-side as an agenda thing, when it's stylistically normal for same-sex couples.)

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.