Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is he the one who did the drumming of the news theme? Legend.
He does do drumming, I believe. Welsh guy. He appears very charming. I just have a feeling as he started on the North West news then has graduated very quickly over the past few months to numerous BBC appearances. Plus, recently on one of his weather forecasts he talked about a weather front "shimmying in" 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ah right. He's the one I'm predicting as a definite. Could be wrong, of course, but got a strong feeling.
I think you’re right I’ve that same feeling and have had it for a while. His face is a bit everywhere on the bbc atm. He even popped up on Peter crouch’s year late euros live last week.

I think he’d be great though being a drummer he should had basic rhythm down which can be an issue and he always seemed like such a fun guy when he used to do the weather on my local news.

I think you’re right I’ve that same feeling and have had it for a while. His face is a bit everywhere on the bbc atm. He even popped up on Peter crouch’s year late euros live last week.

I think he’d be great though being a drummer he should had basic rhythm down which can be an issue and he always seemed like such a fun guy when he used to do the weather on my local news.
Exactly. He's still on my local news, but his face is definitely becoming more well known. I love his style. Very dapper.

Drag queens scare me like clowns scare other people. If they were to cast one, they also need to make sure it's a mild one and not one who is risqué (since it's a family show, bit like how they have to avoid certain comedians).
I'm the same! Lol thought I was the only one

About a week late, SCD shared the info about Janette joining ITT on their FB page.

Sadly saw plenty of negativity still being spouted about Rylan - I understand not every presenter is everyone’s cup of tea but he seems to particularly attract criticism with no real reasons given. Wonder why.
For me he is just the wrong fit, he isn't really a good presenter, he is just good at being him...silly and camp. It works well on supermarket sweep but he has never done strictly, has never even had anything to do with the show. It's just a very odd choice.

I say bring back Arlene to the judging panel. I liked Shirley the first year but she is just all over the place, makes it all about her, and if a male judge acted like she did there would be calls for him to be fired. Motsi, again I liked her to start with but like Shirley she is all over the place now.

Craig is Craig and is the only one almost as big as the show, and Bruno should have left years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I’m happy for Arlene and her Damehood. She got shafted badly by Strictly. Even if they didn’t want her any more they didn’t have the decency to tell her personally. She learned of her sacking from a tabloid journalist calling her up and asking was it true.

Reactions: 3
Exactly. He's still on my local news, but his face is definitely becoming more well known. I love his style. Very dapper.
I can see why a lot of people think Owain might be in the line up, and I do think he'd be a great booking. But would Strictly not try and get a bit more of a name for their first male same sex partnership?

Although Nicola turned out to be a bit annoying and boring as a contestant, being multiple Olympic medalist and record breaker definitely got a lot of positive headlines when she was announced

I can see why a lot of people think Owain might be in the line up, and I do think he'd be a great booking. But would Strictly not try and get a bit more of a name for their first male same sex partnership?

Although Nicola turned out to be a bit annoying and boring as a contestant, being multiple Olympic medalist and record breaker definitely got a lot of positive headlines when she was announced
Maybe that's why he's getting booked onto more TV shows lately? To get him a bit more known? I suppose you can only get a bigger name if they want to do it.

Motsi has pulled out of the German version’s tour so that means she’s judging here again.

With both her & Bruno having other commitments, this was surely a perfect opportunity to change up the panel? I’m honestly thinking now that the show has became a bit complacent due to it having reasonably high ratings and therefore don’t see the need to make it better in any way.

• Sad
I’m rolling my eyes at the thought of Motsi judging again. I didn’t realize how much I needed things to change until I read your post

Motsi has pulled out of the German version’s tour so that means she’s judging here again.

With both her & Bruno having other commitments, this was surely a perfect opportunity to change up the panel? I’m honestly thinking now that the show has became a bit complacent due to it having reasonably high ratings and therefore don’t see the need to make it better in any way.

Reactions: 5
Motsi hasn't pulled out of the Let's Dance Germany tour though? She is still advertised as doing it but like she did in 2019 she will miss the tour Saturday night shows so will most likely just be flying back and forth every week while the tour is on.

Dawn French is a name cropping up. Apparently she's mentioned not being totally adverse to doing in Strictly in the past and is currently in the papers sporting a bit of a make over. Could be the Bill Bailey effect trickling onto this year?

Dawn French could be great TV. If she throws herself in to it and isn't partnered with Anton, she could have a lot of fun. Even if she maybe won't be the best dancer. Or maybe she will be good.

I just hope that Dawn French isn't Caroline 2.0 if she signs up. Definitely a good name but hoping that a huge ego doesn't come with her.

Dawn French, I couldn't see her doing it or even needing to do it, plus I'm sure she has some acting work for later in the year.

Also on the Motsi thing, she is still promoting the German show's tour with her in it on her page, so the whole thing about her pulling out isn't true https://tattle.life/threads/19920/ . It seems the Sun got the idea that she pulled out for the Digital Spy Strictly forums, which is why he worst place to look as it filled with lies and crap posters looking for attention.

Finally it seems Shirley was on her mates Sham wooden's fake news show yesterday and alluded again to the "best line up ever for 2021" like she does every year... I wish she would stop doing this, it's been proven that the producer's don't even tell the judges who is on, not even in June. She did the same in 2017-18-19 and the line ups were a let down after all her hype

Reactions: 1
Dawn is just a vague rumour.

Funny, I like her as a performer, but I've never been keen when I've seen her in interviews.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.