Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have the judges been announced yet? I hope Anton gets a shout, he deserves it. The many of fans like him and were really rooting for him when Motsi was off last year. If he doesn’t, I think it will be a huge kick in the teeth for him and moreover show that management don’t think much of him.We’re I him I’d pack my bags and say goodbye, sign a better management team and steal all Oti’s gigs 😁
I’m still shocked she got to do a prime time ITV programme, she must have a brilliant Agent! They’ll have to be very careful who they pair her with this year - I loved Bill and Oti but it must have been obvious in rehearsals etc that he wasn’t a howler. If she doesn’t get a John Sergeant then it’ll look pretty blatant imo

Reactions: 6
I think we might be hearing a little ‘announcement‘ from Janette and Alijaz soon 😉

Reactions: 5
Maybe this is an unpopular opinion but I don’t think Anton was a good judge. He was too nice and overmarked and he surprisingly didn’t give a lot of technical feedback. Darcy was an excellent judge, she was always kind and somewhat generous with her scores but always justified it with the technique she saw. I love Anton and hope he gets a role somewhere, maybe presenting if Tess or Claudia stepped down, but not judging for me. Shirley, Motsi and Bruno have disappointed me too. The only good judge is Craig who is perhaps my favourite member of the show.

Reactions: 9
Maybe this is an unpopular opinion but I don’t think Anton was a good judge. He was too nice and overmarked and he surprisingly didn’t give a lot of technical feedback. Darcy was an excellent judge, she was always kind and somewhat generous with her scores but always justified it with the technique she saw. I love Anton and hope he gets a role somewhere, maybe presenting if Tess or Claudia stepped down, but not judging for me. Shirley, Motsi and Bruno have disappointed me too. The only good judge is Craig who is perhaps my favourite member of the show.
To be fair to Anton it must be difficult to criticise your peers. Hopefully this year he will just be a judge so he can go for it a bit more.

Reactions: 7
To be fair to Anton it must be difficult to criticise your peers. Hopefully this year he will just be a judge so he can go for it a bit more.
I agree, if Anton is given a permanent judges seat he may be more critical with a touch of Darcey. For just two weeks I don’t think he was going to rock the boat. The first week you could see he was very nervous the second week he settled in a bit more.

Reactions: 10
I dunno who anton would replace though, Motsi is popular by all counts? But would love for anton to be permanent I loved him

Who would get stuck with all the tit female celeb every year though?!

I think we might be hearing a little ‘announcement‘ from Janette and Alijaz soon 😉
I concur, and what a wee cutie it would be!

I dunno who anton would replace though, Motsi is popular by all counts? But would love for anton to be permanent I loved him

Who would get stuck with all the tit female celeb every year though?!
I don’t think Bruno’s coming back so it probs just slide into the end seat (or slide off it if he’s anything like Bruno!)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yeah I really really missed Bruno last year, his dramatic but he was really missed I have to say
I’m not a fan, I think it was quite funny to begin with but it’s been a bit samey the last few years he’s been there.

Craig, imo, is the only one who gives fair critique and doesn’t have an agenda - Motsi is too emotional and focuses on things like energy rather than technique and Shirley obviously had the most experience and knowledge but her marking is sometimes odd. Anton did good in the couple of weeks he got so I hope he gets another shot

Reactions: 13
Personally I'd love to see the back of Shirley. Yeah she knows what she's talking about technically, but I'm sick of her overscoring of attractive men and underscoring of the girls. Not to mention the awful swooning and sexualisation of anyone with a single ab. The way she spoke about and looked at Kelvin actually made me want to rip my eyes and ears off.

Reactions: 22
Personally I'd love to see the back of Shirley. Yeah she knows what she's talking about technically, but I'm sick of her overscoring of attractive men and underscoring of the girls. Not to mention the awful swooning and sexualisation of anyone with a single ab. The way she spoke about and looked at Kelvin actually made me want to rip my eyes and ears off.
I quite liked Shirley on her first series, but since then her scoring and feedback has been infuriating. Considering they were pretty much at the same skill level, the difference in her comments for Hrvy and Maisie last year was very telling. And basically giving Bill and JJ 9s simply because she was surprised they were completely shite

Reactions: 11
Some tabloids suggesting that Aljaž's recent knee injury at Here Come The Boys might mean he has to sit this one out:

Tabloids not always the most reliable source but if he had a particularly bad injury, it wouldn't surprise me if he either sat out or had to take it easy this year (with a duffer or on the bench doing pro dances only).

Reactions: 3
I don't think he was missed personally. He'd got a bit too caricature of himself the last couple of years for me.
I didn't miss him either, the standing, wild gesticulating and of course the inevitable falling off the chair.... Too hammy.... It was a tired old routine.

Reactions: 5
Personally I'd be happy with all new judges with the exception of Craig who actually gives constructive criticism instead of shrieking and grabbing the headlines. Also like Alijaz but can't really remember many of his previous partners so use this as an excuse to gut the pros too and bring in 4 to 5 new ones. I absolutely love but I'm really worried its getting tired and boring

Reactions: 10
I really don't understand why Strictly is bending over backwards to try and keep Bruno on the show. He costs them a fortune, and for the last few years has seemed completely disinterested - I get why they don't want to be seen to let anyone go during a pandemic, but last year just showed how much they don't need him. I'm still not entirely sold on Anton as a judge, but let's face it, he can't be a pro for too much longer and they need to find him something else to do

I don't think anyone is bigger than the show, but Craig would be a huge loss if he ever decided to leave. So let's hope that never happens 🤞

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.