Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Live TV really Stacey's thing? I always knew her from being a documentary star but ITT requires a specific type of presenter to make it work. Zoe, Claudia & Rylan all have their differences but they all fit the type.

Reactions: 2
I've just posted this on the AJ and Curtis thread, but I thought this thread might appreciate it as well 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I'm already campaigning for them to get a Bafta this year. Just thank god strictly never let Curtis appear on the UK show

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm conflicted — I really liked the idea of a girl/girl partnership, because loads of people dance in those and it's nice to see them represented. Male/male couples are (I'm generalising horribly here) a bit of a nuisance. There aren't generally enough of them to have a separate category, and most girl/girl couples don't really like dancing against them, because they're generally taller and heavier. If a girl/girl couple came up fast behind me, I'd hold the line and expect them to avoid me. I'd watch a m/f couple very carefully, and for a m/m couple I'd definitely pull up or get out of the way — I'm 5'3" and with a partner the same height or shorter I don't fancy going flying. Some are happy to dance in the mixed-sex category, then it isn't an issue, but occasionally a pair will say it isn't inclusive and they should be allowed to dance in with the girl/girl couples.

Obviously on Strictly when they all dance on their own it isn't as much of an issue.

(I've also never met a man, straight or gay who wanted to be in a same-sex partnership, whereas I know lots of girls who do. Reasons ranging from matching dresses and sparkle would be fun, the beginner boys were really slow at picking up the dancing and the girls were better, to not wanting to dance with a man other than a boyfriend, to some sadder ones where they'd been sexually assaulted.)
I really like the idea of representing the girls who dance with girls in the ballroom community. At tea dances as well lots of ladies dance together.

I think Rylan is probably getting it full time. I almost think that Zoe was expecting to leave soon and they brought him in part time so that they would have someone ready to take over.

I hope this means the end of the Ian Waite segment and they can instead use someone else for that or do rotating ex pros like with choreography corner.

Just keep Gethin on reserve presenter/Friday studio duties, let's dodge Sugg & Dooley.
I think Rylan was pretty good at it. Bring back Karen Hardy. And I loved the Iveta reference, she was great

Reactions: 3
Is it just me or should SCD look to get someone off Eurovision in the cast given it's popularity? Doesn't even need to be someone representing the UK, some other versions of the show have used Eurovision singers from other countries and they've done well.

Is Live TV really Stacey's thing? I always knew her from being a documentary star but ITT requires a specific type of presenter to make it work. Zoe, Claudia & Rylan all have their differences but they all fit the type.
She wasn’t great presenting the tour last January, in fact I’d go so far as to say she was dire. Awkward, stilted and no banter

Reactions: 4
Johannes is doing his own tour next year! He was on GMB saying his dream of touring in South Africa is coming true 🥰
A3702301-F8C0-4751-BDC7-62F7E4FDC917.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Johannes seems like a genuinely good guy, I hope he can stay a bit longer this year.

Reactions: 11
it’s me on my danny mac soapbox again but i wish he would be more involved with strictly, i would happily see him take over from zoe

Reactions: 3
it’s me on my danny mac soapbox again but i wish he would be more involved with strictly, i would happily see him take over from zoe
I'm hoping he can do the Christmas show this year. Baby is coming in June and I imagine that someone like him who is mostly in the theatre world would want something to do.

Reactions: 1
Oti is on radio 2 sitting in for Rylan. Anyone else feel a bit like she’s in danger of becoming over exposed?

Reactions: 11
Oti is on radio 2 sitting in for Rylan. Anyone else feel a bit like she’s in danger of becoming over exposed?
You took the words out of my mouth! I was literally just in the supermarket earlier on today and I saw she was on the cover of a couple of magazines! I know she's riding high coming off the back of 2 wins on strictly back to back but this is the time she needs to tread carefully as she is staring to be everywhere now and if she keeps on like this she will start to over saturate.

You took the words out of my mouth! I was literally just in the supermarket earlier on today and I saw she was on the cover of a couple of magazines! I know she's riding high coming off the back of 2 wins on strictly back to back but this is the time she needs to tread carefully as she is staring to be everywhere now and if she keeps on like this she will start to over saturate.
God please just give us a rest. I used to really like Oti but now am sick of seeing her on every TV show I switch on

Anyone else feeling Kevin No2 vibes?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.