Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was wondering if this would be her last before the series started but with this second scandal I do wonder if she’ll give resigning her contact a really long think. There comes a point where you have to ask yourself if it’s worth it.I do wonder what she’d do if she stopped. She’s not really got herself another avenue like some of the other girls have aside from a bit of panto which she could loose if she stopped being a pro. (I know there’s the dance studio but not sure how involved she is and assume earnings are split with Neil)

However both Adam and his GF have been really odd and unnecessarily dramatic about it (especially the gf). The cynical part of me wonders if it was planned by the pair of them. I know that seems really far fetched and it probably is but there’s just something really off about it all. It’s also the 2020’s so nothing surprises me anymore 😂
She wont have to resign anything- contracts are on a year by year basis. They just might not sign her up again. Theres no longer the 'married couple' tag she had when with neil. Her choreo is really good but theres a risk of falling into Kristina territory

Yikes, just watched that. Motsi was loving it. This is why I can't with the idea it was some kind of co-ordinated set-up. Being the subject of Graham's comic monologue to an audience of millions does not seem like good PR!
Having said that, I see his gf seems to be now some kind of spokesmodel for Fabletics leggings, going by her insta page. So it's working out well for her..
Was it here someone said this earlier in the week - the only thing worse than being spoken about is not being spoken about

Reactions: 3
I really don't think they are going to bin off Katya - not only is she one of the, if not the most, creative and innovative pros, but she has done absolutely nothing wrong to warrant being sacked regarding this Adam storm in a teacup. Him (apparently) nearly kissing her is not her fault or her problem at all, that is all on him and to punish her for his actions would be frankly misogynous.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Confused at how some people think Adam will be in trouble this weekend. For a start he’s 4th favourite to win at the moment so can’t see him going anywhere anytime soon, and also I don’t think his samba will be as bad as some people think. He had the hips in his first dance so if he can do that with a bit more technique (and a revealing outfit) then I think he will get plenty of votes 😂

Reactions: 4
Confused at how some people think Adam will be in trouble this weekend. For a start he’s 4th favourite to win at the moment so can’t see him going anywhere anytime soon, and also I don’t think his samba will be as bad as some people think. He had the hips in his first dance so if he can do that with a bit more technique (and a revealing outfit) then I think he will get plenty of votes 😂
The Samba is a common dance for people to be voted out on. He’s shown some good action but I don’t think he looks comfortable in the Latin dances.

Some people who watch and vote on Strictly do become invested in what they perceive has happened and he didn’t handle it well imo. Not everyone has a favourite so a lot of people might vote for who is best on the night or what’s been going on - I also think Tilly will get more votes this week than any other week.

Dan appears to be seen as the weakest link (that’s how Rhia (?) described him on ITT), and I haven’t seen his training but a Viennese Waltz can look better than it is whereas a samba leaves contestants exposed.

So if Dan pulls it out of the bag and those who have voted so far continue to vote for him then who are the weakest? Someone I’ve lost off my radar is Rhys - eventually a dance that should not be frantic in any part so he might struggle.

And Adam is wearing double denim.

I still think Adam and Ugo in the dance off (Rhys may be getting the kids votes) and Ugo to go because the rumba is worse to mask mistakes than the samba.

Although as I was typing this, I was reminded of the brilliant samba Katya and Joe did:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Samba is a common dance for people to be voted out on. He had shown some good action but I don’t think he looks comfortable in the Latin dances.

People who watch and vote on Strictly do become invested in what they perceive has happened and he didn’t handle it well imo. Not everyone has a favourite so a lot of people might vote for who is best on the night or what’s been going on - I also think Tilly will get more votes this week than any other week.

Dan appears to be seen as the weakest link (that’s how Rhia (?) described him on ITT), and I haven’t seen his training but a Viennese Waltz can look better than it is whereas a samba leaves contestants exposed.

So if Dan pulls it out of the bag and those who have voted so far continue to vote for him then who are the weakest? Someone I’ve lost off my radar is Rhys - eventually a dance that should not be frantic in any part so he might struggle.

I still think Adam and Ugo in the dance off (Rhys may be getting the kids votes) and Ugo to go because the rumba is worse to mask mistakes than the samba.

Although as I was typing this, I was reminded of the brilliant samba Katya and Joe did:

I remember wondering how on EARTH they were going to make that Cabaret samba work but it was fantastic. Joe and Katya had some brilliant routines - he was just the right person to take on all her quirks and ideas.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The Samba is a common dance for people to be voted out on. He’s shown some good action but I don’t think he looks comfortable in the Latin dances.

People who watch and vote on Strictly do become invested in what they perceive has happened and he didn’t handle it well imo. Not everyone has a favourite so a lot of people might vote for who is best on the night or what’s been going on - I also think Tilly will get more votes this week than any other week.

Yeah those are some good points. I still think Adam will be safe for a while regardless of how he dances, and a lot of people seem to have already forgot about the whole almost kiss thing so it might not harm him that much. He could come out and stand still for a minute and a half and I think people would still vote for him 🤣

• Haha
Yeah those are some good points. I still think Adam will be safe for a while regardless of how he dances, and a lot of people seem to have already forgot about the whole almost kiss thing so it might not harm him that much. He could come out and stand still for a minute and a half and I think people would still vote for him 🤣
I don’t think he should go yet, I think he has another few dances in him. I hope he relaxes a bit - even before last week, when he was being interviewed by Claudia it look like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders 😂. I guess when you’re at the top of your chosen field and you’re suddenly a newbie at something really out your comfort zone it’s daunting.

And I think if Judi is back next week, she is the weakest dancer so she really should go but who knows on Strictly!

Looking at the SCD FB page, there are loads of positive comments about Adam - lots of people seem to think he's been screwed by the run of dances. I think all he needs is not to screw it up and give the judges a chance to mark him down - mid-table is fine for him.

Tilly will get a lot of sympathy votes and marking, Sara always seems to get overmarked a bit, Dan seems to have a solid fanbase. Rhys' vote hasn't been tested yet, but I can't see him getting poor marks even if he is a bit ropey..

Reactions: 6
That clip of Rhys from training could have been from almost any of his dances so far. His style and technique never changes with the dance, he's just overexcited Rhys in all of them.

Looks like Johannes and John's Charleston is going to be something else.

Reactions: 11
I think he will be fine, but it will be interesting to see how they mark his samba - they either usually pick them apart because of lack of technique (AJ last week) or completely ignore technique and give them high marks for 'energy' and performance (Judi, Sara). I think he might do ok as the chacha suited him quite well

I'll be amazed if anyone but Ugo goes home this week

That clip of Rhys from training could have been from almost any of his dances so far. His style and technique never changes with the dance, he's just overexcited Rhys in all of them.

Looks like Johannes and John's Charleston is going to be something else.
Still too early for a 10 from Craig?

Rhys is doing an American Smooth isn't he? Why does it look like all his other dances? 😆

Ugh Tom looks annoyingly good again 🙄

There looks to be quite a gap between AJ and Kai’s bodies. I thought with the AT you had to be almost glued to each other?

Reactions: 1
How are Tom and Amy dancing that fast to watermelon sugar??? What have they done to the song?!?

Reactions: 9
Doesn’t Katya have a dance studio with Neil? Or did that go to him in the divorce? I’m sure they had something together.

Amy & her fiancé have a dance studio. Gio teaches too I’m sure. I imagine any of them could easily go down that route! And touring, Pasha pops up with the Strictly crew on various tours!

How are Tom and Amy dancing that fast to watermelon sugar??? What have they done to the song?!?
This is what I'm trying to work out. It's a really odd choice of song for a salsa, but sped up, it would sound even more weird?

Annoyingly, he looks quite good in that clip, but him and Amy are just so forgettable on the dancefloor. Last week I wasn't even bothered enough to get irritated by him 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I really don't think they are going to bin off Katya - not only is she one of the, if not the most, creative and innovative pros, but she has done absolutely nothing wrong to warrant being sacked regarding this Adam storm in a teacup. Him (apparently) nearly kissing her is not her fault or her problem at all, that is all on him and to punish her for his actions would be frankly misogynous.
She really really irritates me. I for one would not miss her

Reactions: 1
So today’s poser…do we think 19 is too young an age for contestants on Strictly? Last year was Maisie and this year it’s Tilly - they have both received harsh comments and both years it’s been reminded that they are young. Should the BBC say or 21 or over, given there’s probably nothing they can do about any contestant being spoken about unfavourably in the press?
I wouldn't agree - some can handle the press better than others, there have been a fair few contestants in their 20s, 30s and above who have had a miserable time with the press. DWTS had Zendaya when she was young and she killed it, as is Jojo Siwa this season who is 2 years younger than Tilly. We'd be missing out on potentially good contestants. They shouldn't ever cast anyone under 16 though and even with 16/17/18 year olds, it should be on a maturity basis.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.