Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not being critical my view is she is chubby, she certainly isn't obese but she's not slim either.
But should it be made mentioned on the radio or wherever in the first place? No.

For the record I think she looks lovely.
You’re part of the problem then 🤷🏼‍♀️. She isn’t chubby she looks to me to be totally normal size she just has a round face, which isn’t due to her weight likely her build. I would imagine Tilly is probably the average uk size for a woman if not potentially even smaller..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Tilly has a lovely figure that I believe is representative of the average British woman.

It's a shame any of this is being discussed. You think body positivity has come a long way, and then you realise how far it still has to go.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Tilly is broad shouldered but absolutely not “chubby” (worst phrase ever). It’s absolutely vile for any man, but especially a bleeping OAP to be commenting on her body. His comments were rotten, end of.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think Adam expected to be the “hot and fit” young guy on the cast, but John has obliterated that for him, which I like.

Reactions: 16
The comments about Tilly have really, really wound me up. Who does that man think he is. And it’s the fact he said “she’s a chubby girl, have you noticed?” Sorry, this is something we’re all supposed to notice!? If someone isn’t a stick thin size 6 we all have to notice it!? Honestly it’s made me SO angry.

What makes it worse is that she is NOT chubby. She’s not even overweight. She’s got a gorgeous lovely figure and anyone that thinks she’s chubby needs their eyes and brain testing.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Even if Tilly was a size 22 or a size 4, or she wasn’t as lovely as she is, this man has no business commenting on what she looks like. So many men get away with awful misogyny under the excuse of ‘oh he’s just a bitchy gay man’. As if it’s okay just cos they have no intention of shagging us. Stan twitter is the same - probably over half of the fan accounts for female musicians are gay men who spend their days dragging women for fun under the guise of defending their fav singer. It just shows that even if they’re not attracted to women, men still view us women as below them.

(feel like I should say I’m a massive supporter of the LGBTQ+ community but this isn’t something we should ignore as feminists)

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I went to bed angry about the Tilly comments and honestly I've woken up more angry about it!

I really want Strictly costume department to put her in a better dress this week as I don't think that's helped. I think she might be short bodied so the dresses they are putting her in don't suit her.

Reactions: 13
I went to bed angry about the Tilly comments and honestly I've woken up more angry about it!

I really want Strictly costume department to put her in a better dress this week as I don't think that's helped. I think she might be short bodied so the dresses they are putting her in don't suit her.

They’ve been putting both Tilly and Sara in costumes that make them look bigger than they actually are or draw attention to the wrong areas. Yet weirdly Judi’s costumes suit her fairly well.

I’m going to have a little think back about which contestant had the worst run of costumes during their time on the show. Poor Laetitia Dean is a strong contender, and thinking about it she was a similar build to Tilly. 🤔

Reactions: 16
I think Adam has potential, but the last few dances haven't really been the best for helping him realise it. He doesn't seem to move very fluidly, so was never going to do well with a rumba in week 3, and I didn't really like their AT - it didn't feel like a dance to me, just him concentrating on trying to lift Katya. After he did well in week 1, I think Katya got a bit too carried away with the quickstep and tried to put too stuff in he couldn't manage. Not sure if a samba is going to do him many favours!

Reactions: 10
Adam can wriggle, but I think he's being undermarked compared to the other men.
I thought his rumba was great!
Generally i'd prefer less lifts, his AT was full of awkward lift transitions, less is more.
When is he on ITT and will they address his erm breathing techniques?

Reactions: 1
They’ve been putting both Tilly and Sara in costumes that make them look bigger than they actually are or draw attention to the wrong areas. Yet weirdly Judi’s costumes suit her fairly well.

I’m going to have a little think back about which contestant had the worst run of costumes during their time on the show. Poor Laetitia Dean is a strong contender, and thinking about it she was a similar build to Tilly. 🤔
Laetita had the most amazing legs.

Reactions: 2
I think Adam has potential, but the last few dances haven't really been the best for helping him realise it. He doesn't seem to move very fluidly, so was never going to do well with a rumba in week 3, and I didn't really like their AT - it didn't feel like a dance to me, just him concentrating on trying to lift Katya. After he did well in week 1, I think Katya got a bit too carried away with the quickstep and tried to put too stuff in he couldn't manage. Not sure if a samba is going to do him many favours!
Yeah, I would have preferred him to do a simple waltz this week: learn some basic technique, nothing showy. Not sure whether Katya wants to keep going for the spectacular (maybe to cover up the fact he doesn't have the technique yet) or the producers are pushing him into showy/sexy dances..

Reactions: 4
I'm glad Tilly hit back at that man its so bloody rude to say things like that. I don't know who he thinks he is stupid hole.

Reactions: 19
Tilly has a round face - I do too and at my skinniest always felt that made me look heavier. I hate the c word as I’ve heard it a lot in my earlier life. Vicky Gill has lost the plot with her and Sara. Sara has had too tight backs on two of her ballroom dresses and when in hold you see her back a lot. Both need something 60s and short so they can show off legs without being so bodycon. Or at least something with a smooth back rather than cut outs that let a constrained body escape. Sara is working so hard I want her to look her best. Tilly is young and I know she has a supportive family - and who would take on Ramsay senior - but it’s really not fair on younger girls this show. Glad she called out that
man and her dad left it alone.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.