Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel torn about the Katya and Adam thing. On one hand the raging feminist inside me thinks she should be able to do her job without constant speculation, and if she's getting flak for it then it's obviously unacceptable, especially considering she's not the one who acted inappropriately and she's not the one with the commitments.

But on the other hand, at what point can you reasonably point out a pattern? The thing with the comedian demonstrates that perhaps sometimes she falls on the wrong side of professional. Is it anti-feminist of me to point that out?
To be fair to Katya, nothing actually happened. They haven’t been spotted kissing like she was with Seann. I think when you look like her there’s always going to be some form of male attention.

Reactions: 17
I feel torn about the Katya and Adam thing. On one hand the raging feminist inside me thinks she should be able to do her job without constant speculation, and if she's getting flak for it then it's obviously unacceptable, especially considering she's not the one who acted inappropriately and she's not the one with the commitments.

But on the other hand, at what point can you reasonably point out a pattern? The thing with the comedian demonstrates that perhaps sometimes she falls on the wrong side of professional. Is it anti-feminist of me to point that out?
I think more would need to happen with her and Adam for it to be called a pattern. Her and Seann both seemed very up for cheating on their SOs - I don’t think one was more immoral than the other. I get that you can’t help who you fall for and things have to be on the rocks in your current relationship for you to fall for your strictly partner if you aren’t single but it does get to the point where you have to question why it’s the same pros who fall for the ‘curse’ like Kristina did. Totally with you on the feminist side of it - Adam’s explanation of him being ‘caught in the moment’ basically confirms it wasn’t a planned intimate moment and he’s the one with the girlfriend and child so why isn’t there more outrage towards him?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Ooh, re Gio: I am now wondering if the video that Rose quickly deleted on Thursday, in which Giovanni seemed genuinely pissed off and was saying 'where is the stupid cow?' was the aftermath of a row? He was sounding off to Kai as they walked in, clearly didn't know Rose was there, and he walked off angrily. It didn't seem like a prank at all, but I couldn't believe he would say that about Rose. Would make more sense if Rose accidentally caught something she shouldn't have, didn't click, then hastily deleted. #missmarple

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I think people will be voting to keep katya and Adam in for another few weeks that’s for sure

Reactions: 3
I think people will be voting to keep katya and Adam in for another few weeks that’s for sure
Every cloud for Katya! I was watching Loose Women today. Judi was on the panel. Colleen said to her, I have to ask you about the ending of Adam’s dance when he leaned in. Judi said they were just holding a pose. Ruth then chimed in and said, yes. You have to hold the pose at the end even if your instinct is just to collapse in relief. You are told to. Colleen said I get you have to hold a pose but I was watching it with lots of people and we all saw the same thing! He leaned in for a kiss. Judi was on message. We were all wrong, our eyes deceived us!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I don’t get the romance from Gio & Rose BUT I like to hold maybe she’s opened his eyes just a tiny bit away from the shallow, caked in makeup, selfie obsessed girls he goes for. They just look so boring, they take themselves SO seriously. Rose is the complete opposite & they genuinely seem to get along. Maybe he’s seen the light.. (probably not, he does love himself as much as the vain girls do 😂)
I really hope that's the case 😂😂
He seems very fond of Rose.. Maybe he's realised he wants more than a shallow showmance!!

Greg doesn't look overly gutted about leaving!! 😂

Do we think anything will happen with Adam and katya ?
C'mon it ABSOLUTELY already has gone on! Will we ever get the truth.... Much like his gf - not a chance! we'll never ever know exactly what they got upto and how far it went.

As for if they'll carry on? Absolutely not anywhere there's a chance to be seen.... I think our only hope of knowing more is some lose lipped updates from an unscrupulous hotel concierge!

Plus gf is going to have him on the biggest lockdown since march 2020! Not to mention producers, and Katya's hyper-awareness to how precarious her job and reputation are - then again think she loves the adrenaline of it, so who knows!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
C'mon it ABSOLUTELY already has gone on! Will we ever get the truth.... Much like his gf - not a chance! we'll never ever know exactly what they got upto and how far it went.

As for if they'll carry on? Absolutely not anywhere there's a chance to be seen.... I think our only hope of knowing more is some updates from hotel concierge!

Plus gf is going to have him on the biggest lockdown since march 2020! Not to mention producers, and Katya's hyper-awareness to how precarious her job and reputation are - then again think she loves the adrenaline of it, so who knows!
What is this about hotel concierge please?

Reactions: 1
Giovanni and Maura may have been real relationship but it was largely fueled by their mutual need for press and social media attention. All the constant articles in the papers and gossip magazines about them hooking up, her trusting him after initially believing he was a player and all the talk of engagement 100% came from their managements.

I don’t see Rose & Gio like that at all. To me they seem to get on like brother and sister, great chemistry but not in a romantic way.
I agree. I don't see any romantic vibes from Rose and Gio but given that will be the first conclusion the Internet will jump to and how vicious Maura's fans can be towards people the feel are in competition or have done her in some way I can see her having to watch how close she is with him .There was some speculation their break up was about another woman he followed and quickly unfollowed on Instagram. If the press pick up on that this woman could also be a target.

I never quite got Maura and Gio. Seemed like an odd match and wouldn’t be surprised if it was all an elaborate dig at Curtis 🤣
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. I'm not saying that's her primary motivation but more of an added bonus.

I actually followed her relationship with Curtis and she repeatedly made it clear she had zero interest in ballroom and latin dancing or cabaret or anything like that. Other than that years Strictly launch she never went with him to anything dance related or even liked instagram posts relating to it. So it was a little strange that she dated another dancer and even more that she did all the things with him she wouldn't do with Curtis. I suppose it's possible she wanted to avoid the mistakes that led to the break down of that relationship but I kinda feel the way she promoted both relationships on after him was in part supposed to rub it in how happy she is in her new relationships. Thankfully he didn't rise to the bait this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

But she didn't do anything. She is an attractive, fit young woman who is a great dancer. Men find her attractive. That's not her fault. Re Seann, he treated his girlfriend appallingly and embarrassed Neil by basically ' outing' him, and her marriage to Neil was clearly coming to an end.

Reactions: 12
Just strange how you don’t have this same energy about him. Before the show she was in a 9 year relationship. Yeah since then she’s have 3 relationships lasting months not much different to him on that . As for LI it’s a tv show which is highly edited and he only knew Molly for 4 days they weren’t together. These shows would be boring if that didn’t happen and cleary they don’t have issues since she’s the only one they said are friends with from the show. It’s just always judgemental on the women and never the men.

Apart from Katya being sent abuse and Adam not so much
wow I don’t care 😂 I get you’re a fan but WOW I don’t care.

this is a thread about strictly, it includes banter, there are many other threads that are a bit more serious that you might feel more comfortable getting involved in.
Thank you for your input but I’m not going to post and worry I’m going to offend someone, because 2021 is the year where people actively look to be offended and I’m not being a part of it. 😂

anyway moving on.

did Greg really just say “the dance I did for my dead sister” 😐 when he was talking about Craig giving him low marks. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.