Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was one of the best opening shows in a while for me!

Reactions: 27
I really enjoyed the show but I have to say I prefer it when there are less couples.It goes on for too long in the first few weeks. My faves were AJ & Kai, Rose & Gio and I really enjoyed watching Johannes & John and Adam & Katya. How the hell has Tess still got that gig, she’s bloody dreadful. Wasn't keen on Anton as a pro as I think he became a parody of himself , but thought he slotted in well with the judges tonight.

edited for typos!

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Taken a while to catch up - phone battery died after Nikita’s dance! All I can say is have Greg wrapped and sent to my room…;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Definitely a great premiere - so many potential contenders! Only negative was the judges scoring, especially Shirley.

Judi, Tilly, Sara & Ugo first 4 out in whatever order. Can't call a top 4 yet.

Rose, AJ, Adam and John in the final, please!

Also love Nina and Greg&Karen's partnership!!!

I really enjoyed the show but I have to say I prefer it when there are less couples.It goes on for too long in the first few weeks. My faves were AJ & Kai, Rose & Gio and I’m really enjoyed watching Johannes & John and Adam & Katya. How the hell has Tess still got that gig, she’s bloody dreadful. Wasn't keen on Anton as a pro as I think he became a parody of himself , but as thought he slotted in well with the judges tonight.
Agreed! Liked Anton, good Len vibes, and didn’t just fawn over them all to be popular! Hate Shirley, if she was a man leering over the female contestants there would be an outcry. Enjoyed Rose (doing that with her hearing was bloody amazing), Adam and AJ.

Reactions: 16
I only started watching last year and tonight’s just blew the whole series out the water lol. I’m impressed.

Reactions: 6
That was such a good opening show! Everyone was surprisingly good! Have to say though I'm surprised Dan got such high scores especially compared with Rose's. I think he probably should have been bottom. But I think this is the first year I'm starting to warm to Nadiya. She seems to be coming out of her shell and I love how she calls him Daniel :giggle: Also glad she should be able to show more choreography variety with Dan as I feel like she's always used to rely on her partner's sex appeal which I always found a bit stale and Dan...isn't really that kind of partner. But seems like he'll bring out her fun side!

Oh my god Shirley is such a witch please replace her next year! 'Those are fundamentals, Claudia,' duck off you stuck up cow. Strictly does not need those kinds of bad vibes! And the way she laid into Greg out of nowhere and undermarking Rose- she's so inconsistent with her criticism! I've never liked her much and now I really dislike her :mad:

AJ was an absolutely phenomenal !! I can't wait to see more of her! And Adam was surprisingly good too! I don't think Tom's got a look in to be honest 🤭

Roll on next week 😁

Reactions: 23
What a great week 1!
Took me ages to catch up with the comments; here are some of my observations.
* Loved Anton as judge - thought he was helpful and constructive and not as OTT as I expected.
* Was blown away by Rose - what an amazing young woman.
* Thought AJ was great - don’t know who she is though, can anyone enlighten me?
* Judges scores were very erratic.
* Tess was very wooden.
* Some of the VT was a bit cringy.
* Can’t stand Tom’s face, or Graziano’s.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think this series has the potential to have some great dancers and some proper competition.

AJ was my favourite tonight.

Reactions: 20
It was a very long but great opener!! Lots of potential and no real weak links at the moment. Aj blew me away with that jive though!!! Very interesting to see how those stronger dancers fair next week if they get a ballroom over Latin or the reverse. Just hope John and Aj don’t peak too soon and end up fizzling out.

Reactions: 8
It was strictly all over the place for me with the scoring; I mean Craig was actually the nicest along with Anton and Shirley and Motsi were miserable as sin (of course apart from with Queen Oti :cautious:)

I do feel sorry for AJ and John for next week as it can be hard to come back from a high and keep that level.

Reactions: 11
I used to like Shirley when she first started, I thought “Great, someone who has actually done these dances at a professional level. She’ll know exactly what to say,”. Instead these days, she’s kinda like your drunk auntie at parties, never quite know what she’ll say and often found leering over your male friends

Reactions: 28
Screenshot_20210925_221907.jpg

some decorations needed for the new thread!! Gorka in that suit!! 😍😍😍

(Okay, yes! I have shamelessly cropped Katie out...but really? No-one's looking at her)

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.