Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1) I'm not too bothered. It's strange seeing an empty studio around them though.

2) I personally love the Clauditoriam. The congratulations after a dance and group celebrations after a good score is really nice to watch. It just felt so segregated this year (for obvious reasons) and lacked the community feel with all the dancers. I think it was too formal for me.

3) I really enjoy the audience. For me, this year just didn't have the same vibe because of the almost empty studio. It looked bare and I felt like it was missing that exciting atmosphere of performing to a full audience every week.

4) Really not bothered tbh.

5) Again, really not too bothered. I guess I'd like to see his as a judge though.
I agree with all this

I don’t think they’re together but I don’t believe PopBitch, I think they grew very close and who can blame them with being in a covid bubble etc? Either way, I think this is cute!

Reactions: 2
Can someone please enlighten me as to why you all seem to dislike Kevin Clifton so much ? I only started watching Strictly a couple of years ago. He's no oil painting , I get that, but what has he done ?
I believe its a combination of the (alleged) favouritism that the Clifton's received, maybe a bit of smugness, the fact he allowed Karen to take a lot of flack for their divorce (she looked really upset for a couple of years so glad she's got her spark back), people also think his 2018 win was fixed. I thought his routines were always great so wouldn't mind if he came back or didn't. Also great name :)

Reactions: 13
So now the series is over got some questions for you in regards to next year.

1) Would you like to see ALL pro dances prerecorded in advance like this year (not necessarily with pro isolating if not required but obviously if they need to so be it) allowing the pro more time with the celeb without having to miss time for a pro rehearsal.

2) No Clauditorium in its old form but pros and celebs seated at the side with the tables again.

3) Smaller more intimate audiences (perhaps more audiences made up front line workers etc)

4) Separate judges desks

5) Anton taking a step back to judge or removing himself from group dances completely.

Feel free to add any others I’ve potentially missed but my own answers would be.

1) Yes to totally prerecorded pro dances. I think it worked really well this year with some more interesting choreography and themes.

2) I really like the tables and haven’t really missed the messing about during Claudias links and chats.

3) Torn with this on the one hand I can’t begin to imagine how distracting the audiences can be sometimes cheering and clapping out of time. If I’m being honest can’t say I’ve missed the audiences so perhaps a smaller audience is a nice balance.

4) Doesn’t make that much difference to me either way.

5) Give him Bruno’s spot! Not sure who would end up with all the Jackies they sign on but Antons getting far too out of place in most of the group numbers.
I think the problem with no audience was the lack of a difference in cheering between a 5 and a 10!

Reactions: 5
13 million people watched the final. Highest rated none news show of the year.

Reactions: 16
I was looking at the number of insta followers each of the finalists had and its interesting that followers doesn't equal votes/most popular
Bill - 146k
Jamie - 921k
Maisie - 979k
Hrvy - 4.5million
Bill has over 3.3million Twitter followers to be fair

Reactions: 2
So now the series is over got some questions for you in regards to next year.

1) Would you like to see ALL pro dances prerecorded in advance like this year (not necessarily with pro isolating if not required but obviously if they need to so be it) allowing the pro more time with the celeb without having to miss time for a pro rehearsal.

2) No Clauditorium in its old form but pros and celebs seated at the side with the tables again.

3) Smaller more intimate audiences (perhaps more audiences made up front line workers etc)

4) Separate judges desks

5) Anton taking a step back to judge or removing himself from group dances completely.

Feel free to add any others I’ve potentially missed but my own answers would be.

1) Yes to totally prerecorded pro dances. I think it worked really well this year with some more interesting choreography and themes.

2) I really like the tables and haven’t really missed the messing about during Claudias links and chats.

3) Torn with this on the one hand I can’t begin to imagine how distracting the audiences can be sometimes cheering and clapping out of time. If I’m being honest can’t say I’ve missed the audiences so perhaps a smaller audience is a nice balance.

4) Doesn’t make that much difference to me either way.

5) Give him Bruno’s spot! Not sure who would end up with all the Jackies they sign on but Antons getting far too out of place in most of the group numbers.
1) I think it would actually be more beneficial for the pro numbers to have it be pre recorded but I think they probably will go back to it being recorded with the audience.

2) Again I think it will go back to the way it was before most importantly to let the room back in for the audience. I'm not really bothered either way.

3) They most likely will be bringing back the audience but I think they should definitely give seats to NHS workers and charity campaigners.

4) I actually forgot that the judges sit together normally at the same desk :LOL:

5) Anton; where do we start I mean at this stage he aint leaving until he drops at this point but I do see him getting a judges spot if one of the current ones decide to leave.

Something I would like to add is that I want the regular scoring to come back!! The over scoring this series has been diabolical!

Reactions: 9
I don’t really follow the pros much but find it odd Janette/Alijaz haven’t posted anything about seeing each other and now she’s off to Portugal.. are they normally quite private?

Reactions: 1
I don’t really follow the pros much but find it odd Janette/Alijaz haven’t posted anything about seeing each other and now she’s off to Portugal.. are they normally quite private?
I think she was saying Bushka, not Portugal - that's the nickname her and Aljaz use for each other I think

My goodness that picture of Gorka and Mia - it made me all teary again when I saw it earlier 😭❤

Reactions: 3
She said she’s going home to him in an insta story

I think she was saying Bushka, not Portugal - that's the nickname her and Aljaz use for each other I think

My goodness that picture of Gorka and Mia - it made me all teary again when I saw it earlier 😭❤
Oh lol thanks for pointing out, I was so confused and was only half listening 😂😂 Gorka and Mia 😍

Reactions: 3
I'm surprised Kelvin Fletcher hasn't posted anything on Instagram about Oti winning. Danny Mac has and it seems like as the last winner its something you would do to support your former partner.

I hope they don't bring Kevin Clifton back, he is so smug and arrogant and only wants to come back because theatre is closed, although Strictly Ballrooms tour has been rescheduled

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.