Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure I read somewhere that the pros pretty much dump their celebs as start as the new series starts. You'll have exceptions like Janette who seems to still be really close to Dr Ranj and Julian Mcdonald but I can imagine Giovanni has already deleted Ranvir's number already 🤣

Its probably just the way its edited but I can't stop laughing at the story on the strictly Instagram page of Oti and Bill with the trophy. She's practically ripping it out of his hands to get a hold of it.
I would’ve liked the camera to pan to Ranvir when Jamie’s sister asked for his number 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I too am really excited for the countdown on Christmas Day - I’m going to force the boyfriend to watch it with me after a few drinks 🤣🤣 he always says he’s not interested but then watches some dances and always ends up voting in the final, last year it was Kelvin and then Bill this year, maybe he has a thing for Oti? 🙈 although when mentioning how jealous I was of Motsi and Oti’s figure he said I was staring too much (he knows I’m Bi, hahah)

Oh and I’m really glad we’re keeping this thread going, I don’t know anyone IRL who’s obsessed with Strictly so I’m glad there’s so many of us here who will obsess over the Pro’s (ahem, Gorka) with me 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I too am really excited for the countdown on Christmas Day - I’m going to force the boyfriend to watch it with me after a few drinks 🤣🤣 he always says he’s not interested but then watches some dances and always ends up voting in the final, last year it was Kelvin and then Bill this year, maybe he has a thing for Oti? 🙈 although when mentioning how jealous I was of Motsi and Oti’s figure he said I was staring too much (he knows I’m Bi, hahah)

Oh and I’m really glad we’re keeping this thread going, I don’t know anyone IRL who’s obsessed with Strictly so I’m glad there’s so many of us here who will obsess over the Pro’s (ahem, Gorka) with me 💕
Haha same, no one I know likes it. My ex used to hate me having it on on a Saturday night and would turn it over 😡 Perks of being single 🤣

Looking forward to the Christmas show! 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I would’ve liked the camera to pan to Ranvir when Jamie’s sister asked for his number 🤣
He was do blatantly just about to ask her if she had some paper and a pen in her handbag which he could borrow 😆

I think Giovanni is an amazing teacher and part of his skill is he makes you absolutely believe he thinks he's slightly in love with you so he can then get the best out of you. I think that unfortunately for Ranvir she actually thought it was all real and had a shock the minute the camera stopped running last week.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Haha same, no one I know likes it. My ex used to hate me having it on on a Saturday night and would turn it over 😡 Perks of being single 🤣

My ex was the same, he was so controlling but I am glad that you’re rid of them and much happier now, how could you not be getting to watch Gorka 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Guys I have some extremely upsetting news.. 🙈

Seriously they better not let him back, I will go down to Elstree and riot. Him and his obnoxious twit of a gf will have to tackle me to get back in the building 😠

They already have too many pro's let the benched ones have a go ffs

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 25

Seriously they better not let him back, I will go down to Elstree and riot. Him and his obnoxious twit of a gf will have to tackle me to get back in the building 😠

NO NO NO NO NO.

And no doubt he'll try and pick a celeb to dance with as he always does. Apparently he was considering returning this year to dance with Maisie, thank the lord that didn't end up happening.

Reactions: 6

wouldn’t be surprised to see him back at all! He seems to be golden boy of the current producers. I’m not a fan though I don’t dislike as much as many.

Reactions: 1
I can take him or leave, but I did find his sister irritating. I just hope they don't bring bruno back and give anton the job. Can't stand all bruno's dramatics. Standing uo waving his arms about and screeching at the top of his voice. Its been so nice without him. Also get rid of motsi and bring back darcey.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

He better bloody not!! He'll be seen as the biggest beg of all!!

Reactions: 5
So now the series is over got some questions for you in regards to next year.

1) Would you like to see ALL pro dances prerecorded in advance like this year (not necessarily with pro isolating if not required but obviously if they need to so be it) allowing the pro more time with the celeb without having to miss time for a pro rehearsal.

2) No Clauditorium in its old form but pros and celebs seated at the side with the tables again.

3) Smaller more intimate audiences (perhaps more audiences made up front line workers etc)

4) Separate judges desks

5) Anton taking a step back to judge or removing himself from group dances completely.

Feel free to add any others I’ve potentially missed but my own answers would be.

1) Yes to totally prerecorded pro dances. I think it worked really well this year with some more interesting choreography and themes.

2) I really like the tables and haven’t really missed the messing about during Claudias links and chats.

3) Torn with this on the one hand I can’t begin to imagine how distracting the audiences can be sometimes cheering and clapping out of time. If I’m being honest can’t say I’ve missed the audiences so perhaps a smaller audience is a nice balance.

4) Doesn’t make that much difference to me either way.

5) Give him Bruno’s spot! Not sure who would end up with all the Jackies they sign on but Antons getting far too out of place in most of the group numbers.

Reactions: 7
I think the pro roster needs freshening up next year. I think Janette, Karen and Alijaz have had their day, time for them to bring in some new pros and give the benched ones a chance.
I have a feeling this year is going to be Janette’s last year! I think that’s why she, HRVY, and Aljaž were so emotional. She’s one of the older pros and I think I read somewhere that she wants to start a family.
I think Kai Widdrington would be a welcome addition, and I’m Team Graziano too!
Not sure about new female pros though? Nancy and Nadiya both seem quiet. I’ll have to do some Insta stalking for potential new female pros!

Reactions: 4
For new female pros, maybe Kai’s girlfriend Giulia who was a pro in Ireland? She’s a great teacher, took a dud to the semi final and made the final this year.

Years ago my ex went out on his bike while it was on...i was settled down on the sofa, cat on lap, cup of tea in hand. He phoned to ask me to pick him up as he'd had a puncture. Grrrrrhhhhh!

• Angry
Reactions: 3

1) Would you like to see ALL pro dances prerecorded in advance like this year (not necessarily with pro isolating if not required but obviously if they need to so be it) allowing the pro more time with the celeb without having to miss time for a pro rehearsal.

2) No Clauditorium in its old form but pros and celebs seated at the side with the tables again.

3) Smaller more intimate audiences (perhaps more audiences made up front line workers etc)

4) Separate judges desks

5) Anton taking a step back to judge or removing himself from group dances completely.

Feel free to add any others I’ve potentially missed but my own answers would be.

1) Yes to totally prerecorded pro dances. I think it worked really well this year with some more interesting choreography and themes.

2) I really like the tables and haven’t really missed the messing about during Claudias links and chats.

3) Torn with this on the one hand I can’t begin to imagine how distracting the audiences can be sometimes cheering and clapping out of time. If I’m being honest can’t say I’ve missed the audiences so perhaps a smaller audience is a nice balance.

4) Doesn’t make that much difference to me either way.

5) Give him Bruno’s spot! Not sure who would end up with all the Jackies they sign on but Antons getting far too out of place in most of the group numbers.
1. Actually yes, this is a good idea!

2. I did quite enjoy the set up this year but I missed scanning for the celebs and pros sometimes not so subtle fake smiles and reactions to the judges’ scores 😂

3. Yeah I quite enjoyed less distraction from the dances, but I imagine the atmosphere with a full audience gives the celebs a massive boost and pushes them to perform a bit more? It’ll be interesting to see what Strictly 2021 is like!

4. Not too bothered, either works!

5. And yes! I honestly have missed Bruno at all. I’m not a fan of Anton’s by any means but I actually didn’t mind him as a judge.

Reactions: 5

4) Separate judges desks

1) I initially thought "no" at first because I like things to be live, but then I thought having them pre-recorded hasn't really made a big difference to how I watch the pro dances. In all honestly, I usually make my dinner whilst they're on!

2) I like the Clauditorium in its old forum where some of the contestants were like naughty school kids at the back of the group. I always found that quite amusing, but would like less faffing around, less forced humour.

3) Yes I'd enjoy smaller audiences! It makes for less shrieking and clapping during the performances, and I've enjoyed the quieter atmosphere this year.

4) I miss them all sat together

5) yes to Anton being a permanent judge! He was really good at it and gave us a bit of Len back.

Reactions: 4

Thing is - what do wimmin see in him? 🤷‍♀️

4) Separate judges desks

1) I'm not too bothered. It's strange seeing an empty studio around them though.

2) I personally love the Clauditoriam. The congratulations after a dance and group celebrations after a good score is really nice to watch. It just felt so segregated this year (for obvious reasons) and lacked the community feel with all the dancers. I think it was too formal for me.

3) I really enjoy the audience. For me, this year just didn't have the same vibe because of the almost empty studio. It looked bare and I felt like it was missing that exciting atmosphere of performing to a full audience every week.

4) Really not bothered tbh.

5) Again, really not too bothered. I guess I'd like to see his as a judge though.

Reactions: 2
Can someone please enlighten me as to why you all seem to dislike Kevin Clifton so much ? I only started watching Strictly a couple of years ago. He's no oil painting , I get that, but what has he done ?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.