Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think partners really remain friends, more an exception than the rule. Maybe showbiz/social media friends but how many do you really see that keep in touch or even keep dancing.

I'm glad Bill won, he represents more what the show is (or was) about. I also think this year of all years it feels right instead of just someone who has been very good from day one

Reactions: 15
I know a lot of us have slated HRVY, but he did look genuinely pleased for Bill when he was announced winner.

Reactions: 14
I'm sure I read somewhere that the pros pretty much dump their celebs as start as the new series starts. You'll have exceptions like Janette who seems to still be really close to Dr Ranj and Julian Mcdonald but I can imagine Giovanni has already deleted Ranvir's number already 🤣

Its probably just the way its edited but I can't stop laughing at the story on the strictly Instagram page of Oti and Bill with the trophy. She's practically ripping it out of his hands to get a hold of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’d love to see Johannes with a ringer, preferably male. He was fantastic in the Pricilla number and dancing with Graziano last year.

Reactions: 14
I don't think partners really remain friends, more an exception than the rule. Maybe showbiz/social media friends but how many do you really see that keep in touch or even keep dancing.
Some professionals definitely make more of an effort to keep in touch with past partners compared to others. Ones like Janette, Karen, Oti and Aljaz stand out because they do make an effort to keep in touch with quite a few of their past partners with things like wedding invitations and going to see shows they’re in.

However, a lot of them do just become social media friends with the odd like here and there. And others will unfollow each other and never talk again (like Alexandra and Gorka).

Reactions: 5
I was looking at the number of insta followers each of the finalists had and its interesting that followers doesn't equal votes/most popular
Bill - 146k
Jamie - 921k
Maisie - 979k
Hrvy - 4.5million

Reactions: 10
I was looking at the number of insta followers each of the finalists had and its interesting that followers doesn't equal votes/most popular
Bill - 146k
Jamie - 921k
Maisie - 979k
Hrvy - 4.5million
I thought this, and its proven several times now. These massive social media stars with millions of followers may reach the final but have yet to actually win. I think the later you get the more traditional strictly viewer starts to vote. And younger people may also be out on a Saturday night, especially in the run up to christmas

Reactions: 7
I'm so flipping happy that bill won!! So nice not to see the token bbc person win, how refreshing to see someone who isn't 30 something, never had a dance lesson win. Well done Bill and oti
Us too! We knew he’d be great as we’ve seen him live- he throws himself into everything and makes it look easy. We were so shocked as we expected HRVY to win- if we hadn’t been such big Bill fans then I would’ve been happy with that. Really good final as I’ve seen some that I’ve just thought were a bit bland. The show dances were great, although I think Maisie would’ve done better if it hadn’t been themed, it lacked something a bit personal which is what I like in a show dance. Still great to watch though. Xxx

Reactions: 4
I cant connect with some of the new pro dancers. They dont seem to have any character or personality. I pine for the days of brendan and james jordan and the way they used to get lippy with the judges and i also miss flava and vincent.
The halcyon days of Strictly.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I see you catching up @aimzalicious !!!

I’m still not over it being the end
Hahahahaha I've been typing notes on my laptop as I catch up and have name dropped you and @YorkshireFox for spamming your Tattle notifications!!! Big catch up post coming shortly, just at Bill's final dance (I already know he won, accidentally spoilt it for myself last night on IG whoops!)

• Heart
I can’t imagine there will ever be a James or Brendon type on Strictly again. Even though it made for good television when they kicked off at the judges.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Hahahahaha I've been typing notes on my laptop as I catch up and have name dropped you and @YorkshireFox for spamming your Tattle notifications!!! Big catch up post coming shortly, just at Bill's final dance (I already know he won, accidentally spoilt it for myself last night on IG whoops!)
Can’t wait for your summary 😆💖

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm sure I read somewhere that the pros pretty much dump their celebs as start as the new series starts. You'll have exceptions like Janette who seems to still be really close to Dr Ranj and Julian Mcdonald but I can imagine Giovanni has already deleted Ranvir's number already 🤣
Some real weird tension between those two last night.

Janette seems to be in touch with pretty much every partner (except maybe phoney Peter Andre). Every girl needs a GBF so no surprise she's particularly close with those two.

I wonder which of this year's partnerships will stay friends or at least in contact now the series is over.
I think most of them will. Janette in particular has always stayed really good friends with all of her partners

Reactions: 1
I can’t imagine there will ever be a James or Brendon type on Strictly again. Even though it made for good television when they kicked off at the judges.
We need more characters in the pro lineup - it is a bit too "happy happy, smiley smiley" and hyper at the moment. I just don't think a "bad boy" really fits in with Strictly's family pantomime vibe any more sadly but you never know - maybe either of the new pros next year (AJ & Kevin's replacements) could surprise us. I do kinda miss James & Brendan.

Also - with Len gone, I think it's a bit harder to be a rebel/bad boy these days. He was always the one Brendan got into spats with. James seemed to provoke spats with Craig though I think that was more because he had no respect for Craig's dance credentials (which aren't really in ballroom/latin).

Reactions: 7
I’ve just spent ages reading and catching up so apologies that some of you (@calmyourritas and @YorkshireFox lol) may have an unreasonable amount of Tattle notifications full of me liking all your comments… I already accidentally spoilt it for myself by checking IG late last night and I’m really happy Bill won. I do believe he peaked weeks ago but I love him and Oti is my favourite professional so I can’t complain! As @honeygnome said, Oti deserves the win twice in a row to make up for the fact she didn’t win with the legend that is Danny Mac. Anyone except Harvey could have won and I’d have been pleased tbh

Here’s my long catch up post that no one asked for:

- Claudia has had a fringe trim and looks fab tonight!

- ohhh Jamie Jamie Jamie. Why did I get tear up watching every single dance of his? He’s the most improved out of everyone. I even liked the creepy Hercules dance this time! His showdance was one of my favourites of the night. Honestly, he is my winner and I will remember this series because of him and how much fun he had dancing. He made me love Karen as a professional too. She is so kind and encouraging and has blossomed since she divorced that leech Kevin.

- when Shirley mentioned Bill’s age in the VT and after his showdance I thought of you all kicking off 💀 Even my mum texted me and mentioned his age and I had to tell her off for sounding like Shirley. Bill’s quickstep is one of my favourite dances of this series, so I was glad to see it again. In their show dance, I loved how they had the queen card in his show dance was drawn to look like Oti, very nice touch. That guitar at the end!!! Epic. Casually name dropping Brian May and Roger Taylor there too.

- what more can be said about our girl Maisie, she’s fabulous and always looks professional. Gorka looking fantastic as per. I enjoyed reading you thirsty witches account of Gorka during my catchup hahaha. Back to horny jail with you all! I was a bit underwhelmed with their show dance, it didn’t look much different from their usual ballroom. However, their quickstep is my favourite dance from this whole series. It gives me goosebumps, Gorka’s choreo is perfect, his suit is perfect, her dress is perfect. I was fuming when Craig gave it a 9. Piss off Craig. This girl has a bright future in the theatre I’m sure. She is wasted on Eastenders.

- I thought Harvey's show dance was annoyingly good but can’t help but notice Janette recycles choreography. The king of the kicking her up off the floor move is Jake Wood in his salsa, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. His sparkly suit dance was good. He’s just so irritating as a person with his fake persona, I can’t say much more about him.

-Hilarious how they covered up Liz Hurley’s tits with the terms and conditions banner.

- Can we all agree Katya is a powerhouse and looked amazing in that blue dress!! Tbh I was only watching her not Nicola.

- Agreed with @Pinkblush and @glasgow27 - we desperately need fresh new pros who will bring a bit more rebellion to the lineup. I miss Brendan and James Jordan too, and Ola, Kristina (to see whose marriage she’d ruin that year and I will always love her and Simon Webb’s Argentine tango), Vincent and Flavia. I want those two dancers who danced in the results show a few weeks ago to join the line up (sorry I can’t remember their names!) The ones who I said gave my Ola Jordan nostalgic catsuit vibes.

- Oh my giddy god, the preview for best Strictly dances of all time!!!! I am so hyped. My boy Danny Mac, my beloved Jay McGuinness, so pleased they featured Kristina and Simon’s Argentine (weird how I just mentioned it, maybe Strictly read my mind), Louis Smith, Jake Wood (again, creepy how I just mentioned Jake's salsa and it got featured. plot twist, I work at Strictly)… All the legends!!! Except Ore, he can duck off 🤮 I look forward to discussing it all with everyone on here 🥰

- I weirdly like Robbie Williams. I appreciate that he knows he is a twit and he just rides with it, which I find really funny. Looks like he’s borrowed Harvey’s sparkly blazer for this performance. Obsessed with the red dresses the female dancers are wearing. Nancy is so gorgeous, I hope she gets a partner next year.

- Oh my god Gio is back in the sailor hat, I am wheezing

- So nice to see Jason again. That man gives me warm fuzzy feelings. And Max too. Oh, the fuzzy feeling stopped when I saw Amy and JJ, ew. Caroline still doing that weird thing with her mouth I see.

- I fully started crying when Bill made his speech to Oti. I love Oti so much. Strictly needs her, she is by far the best choreographer imo. I hope she doesn't quit now she's won twice as some of you predicted.

A big thank you to BBC for putting on Strictly this year and it really has been the highlight of my week to gather here on Tattle to have all our in-jokes together ❤Have a wonderful Christmas everyone, I hope the recent news about tier 4 hasn't dampened too many spirits or ruined too many plans. I'm going to spend the rest of my day cleaning and watching Danny Mac/Jay McGuinness videos in between. Keeeeeeep dancing!!! ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.