Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Splash' was a joke. Wasn't Jo Brand a judge there? I wonder what she knew about diving.

Despite that, I still hope Tom will return to Reality TV one day, I definitely want to see him in the ballroom.
Yeah, Splash was terrible. Jo Brand as a judge rather set the tone for it being a mess.

Yeah, I'd like to see Tom in the ballroom. Maybe next year after Tokyo. He can't be a million miles away from thinking about retiring.

Reactions: 2
Yeah, Splash was terrible. Jo Brand as a judge rather set the tone for it being a mess.

Yeah, I'd like to see Tom in the ballroom. Maybe next year after Tokyo. He can't be a million miles away from thinking about retiring.
I wonder if he'd want a male or female partner. I somehow can't see him getting Johannes despite him being the only LGBT pro.

I've never understood why any celeb would rather do I'm A Celeb instead of Strictly. Eating insects when I could be learning an admirable skill instead?!

Reactions: 8
I've never understood why any celeb would rather do I'm A Celeb instead of Strictly. Eating insects when I could be learning an admirable skill instead?!
Quite easy - a shorter time commitment. Strictly may sound great to us on paper but it is physically demanding and takes up several months if you make it far which is probably why some celebs say no. Many of them care far more about money and exposure than learning a new skill and I can understand why.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if he'd want a male or female partner. I somehow can't see him getting Johannes despite him being the only LGBT pro.
It would be interesting to see a male-male partnership since we've seen a glimpse of a female-female pairing. I'd hope he'd want a male partner.

But I agree, not sure Tom would be paired with Johannes. But I'd like to be wrong, because they could produce some fabulous routines, if Tom could match Johannes for that fabulousness he has.

Reactions: 1
I think it’s interesting people often assume LGBT people would want to dance with the same sex. And that if it’s a male/male partnership Johannes is automatically considered for a partner.

For the record though, I'd love to see Tom Daley on the show

Reactions: 7
I think it’s interesting people often assume LGBT people would want to dance with the same sex. And that if it’s a male/male partnership Johannes is automatically considered for a partner.

For the record though, I'd love to see Tom Daley on the show
I think that there’s a split among LGBT people I know. Some gay women would want to be partnered with a same sex partner, others wouldn’t.

I also think that there’s a fear of been seen to be hitting on your partner. It’s something I’ve experienced as an LGBT woman - I often feel uncomfortable if friends change in front of me because I don’t want them to feel like I’m looking at them in a sexual way.

Would love it to be normalised for all contestants to be asked what sex partner they’d like!

Tom and Johannes would be such a bad height match surely?
Height wise, I could see Tom with Gorka, Giovanni or Neil.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone remember the show ‘let’s get ready to tumble’? It only ran for 1 season and basically had celebrities attempting to learn gymnastics, that was fairly dangerous tbh and quite a few people were injured.

Does anyone remember the show ‘let’s get ready to tumble’? It only ran for 1 season and basically had celebrities attempting to learn gymnastics, that was fairly dangerous tbh and quite a few people were injured.
That was the BBC one wasn't it, with Louis Smith (used to proper fancy him 😂). God there was some right shite TV formats created in the aftermath of London 2012 to give TV shows to the big British names of the Olympics.

Depends on what role Tom would take. At 5'10, he's the ideal height for any female pro TBH but if he had a male pro and wanted to be the leader, then would be better off with Gorka or Neil. If he wanted to be the follower then the 6'3 Johannes would be perfect height wise.

Toms 5ft10? I think johannes is 6ft3ish?
Tom and Aliaz could work cause hes also 5ft10
Im pretty sure a lot of the pro males are quite short, I think gorkas only 5ft6

I think that there’s a split among LGBT people I know. Some gay women would want to be partnered with a same sex partner, others wouldn’t.

I also think that there’s a fear of been seen to be hitting on your partner. It’s something I’ve experienced as an LGBT woman - I often feel uncomfortable if friends change in front of me because I don’t want them to feel like I’m looking at them in a sexual way.

Would love it to be normalised for all contestants to be asked what sex partner they’d like!
I agree I think its right to always give the people the option. I do worry though that some people think that just because someone is gay they automatically want someone of the same gender.

I mean Susan Calman was adamant she wanted Kevin Clifton specifically and Rev Richard Cole said he always wanted to dance with a woman; I'm just worried that if the likes of Tom Daley or anyone from the LGBQT community come on the show in the future and they actually want someone from the opposite gender then they may be accused of not supporting their own community or strictly will be blamed from not providing them with a same gendered partner either way someone will get some sort of backlash.

People should be able to dance with who they want to and tosh to whatever anyone says!

Reactions: 20
I agree I think its right to always give the people the option. I do worry though that some people think that just because someone is gay they automatically want someone of the same gender.

I mean Susan Calman was adamant she wanted Kevin Clifton specifically and Rev Richard Cole said he always wanted to dance with a woman; I'm just worried that if the likes of Tom Daley or anyone from the LGBQT community come on the show in the future and they actually want someone from the opposite gender then they may be accused of not supporting their own community or strictly will be blamed from not providing them with a same gendered partner either way someone will get some sort of backlash.

People should be able to dance with who they want to and tosh to whatever anyone says!
I remember there was abit of a stir that year about one of them two not dancing in a same sex relationship.

i did abit of ballroom growing up, in school and out of school. In school I danced with a boy, but then there were boys dancing together due to shortage of girls. Out of school I danced with a girl because of a shortage of boys. Nobody batted an eyelid.

I deffo agree that people should be able to dance with whoever they wish, but I do like the idea of same sex partnerships on the show as it gives representation and normalises it.

I grew up very confused about my sexuality and I think seeing more ‘normal’ representation on tv would definitely help people know it’s not a big deal liking the same sex or not thinking gender is a big part of love

Reactions: 7
How happy was our freed Johannes today. It felt like a scene from free Willey.

I think we should have a bet at who'll be the most desperate pro to get votes this week. Amy seems to be off the blocks early by pitching the Scottish costume theme but already spotted a bit of desperation in Janette's tweets. The only one calm is Oti knowing for a second year running she's got a popular ringer. Does anyone think Jamie was so lucky to have got injured last year and would be hating his experience if he'd been stuck with Oti? I can't imagine her allowing him to have fun and enjoy himself?

I remember there was abit of a stir that year about one of them two not dancing in a same sex relationship.

i did abit of ballroom growing up, in school and out of school. In school I danced with a boy, but then there were boys dancing together due to shortage of girls. Out of school I danced with a girl because of a shortage of boys. Nobody batted an eyelid.

I deffo agree that people should be able to dance with whoever they wish, but I do like the idea of same sex partnerships on the show as it gives representation and normalises it.

I grew up very confused about my sexuality and I think seeing more ‘normal’ representation on tv would definitely help people know it’s not a big deal liking the same sex or not thinking gender is a big part of love
I totally agree. The thing that disappointed me most about Katya and Nicola was just the lack of chemistry, personality and how unforgettable their routines were

Reactions: 9

Exactly! I'm an open gay woman and I would want to dance with a man if I were ever given the opportunity. I'd probably feel a bit uncomfortable with the contact at first, but after a couple of hours I wouldn't give it a second thought. In fact, I'd probably feel just as uncomfortable dancing with a woman I don't know too 😂. I don't understand why it only seems to be dancing that it's assumed LGBT want to be paired with the same sex. It's like saying Tom Daley can't do mixed gender synchro diving because he's gay.

I guess there's the intimacy aspect of it and that you are obviously very close physically to your partner, but to the pros it's just what they're used to doing and they've probably danced with hundreds of different people through the years and think absolutely nothing of it.

People should be able to dance with whoever they want regardless of gender and sexuality.

Reactions: 18
Does anyone think Jamie was so lucky to have got injured last year and would be hating his experience if he'd been stuck with Oti? I can't imagine her allowing him to have fun and enjoy himself?
In hindsight, I think Karen is a better fit for him. She works well with the more goofy and endearing types hence successful partnerships with people like Hairy Biker Dave, Chris and now Jamie.

Oti is good when she has a contender as she can produce some dynamite routines but jury is still out on whether or not she can handle a true dud celeb. From what I've heard she's quite resistant to doing comedy routines which isn't a good sign. I remember that she had a dud partner on the German version and the routines she gave him were awful plus apparently she said to the press that she wanted more serious partners going forward that viewed it as a competition and not an entertainment show. Given Jamie's personality, I don't think she'd have given him the routines that would have made him shine.

Johannes and Rylan would be an amazing same sex partnership
Definitely!! I really wish Rylan was a contestant on the main show. I hope they go back to having new celebs on the Christmas special one day and they can give him a shot there (since I don't see him giving up his ITT gig to be a contestant).

Reactions: 9
In hindsight, I think Karen is a better fit for him. She works well with the more goofy and endearing types hence successful partnerships with people like Hairy Biker Dave, Chris and now Jamie.

Oti is good when she has a contender as she can produce some dynamite routines but jury is still out on whether or not she can handle a true dud celeb. From what I've heard she's quite resistant to doing comedy routines which isn't a good sign. I remember that she had a dud partner on the German version and the routines she gave him were awful plus apparently she said to the press that she wanted more serious partners going forward that viewed it as a competition and not an entertainment show. Given Jamie's personality, I don't think she'd have given him the routines that would have made him shine.
The story from the german DWTS doesn't surprise me. I read somewhere else as well she refuses to do a full on comedy routine; I think the sala she did with Graham Swann is the 'funniest' one she's done. I would like this to be her last year ESPECIALLY if she wins it again with Bill. She definitely has had it lucky with her partners for the most part.

I see on the DS forum they're doing the voting for the favourite pro of 2020; I'm sure Queen Oti will win once again :cautious:

Reactions: 6
Who would you want as your pro if you were on?

As a perv, my top considerations would be Gorka and Gio, but at 5'7 probably too tall for Gorks and I think Gio is a good teacher but I think pushes a lot which would be hard when I'm perving on him... And crying hysterically from not be able to do any of the dances

So I think I'd go for Johannes or Alijaz, both tall enough for me and sweet, funny and patient teachers.

Damn I wish us normal people could go on Strictly 😒

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.