Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
American’s seem to be much more tolerant of the ringers than we are in the U.K. A couple of very blatant ones have won DWTS, Nicole Scherzinger and Jennifer Grey amongst others.
They had ice dancers on there one year and one of them won - they're way more ringery than even Ashley Roberts. The American show is just a total different beast, it's all about the big productions as opposed to watching a celeb learning how to dance hence why they go for plenty of younger celebs and at least a few with some dance experience each year.

In the most recent season alone - they had a Disney kid (they always have some dance experience), an Olympic figure skater, a Backstreet Boy, someone who had done extensive dance in college, someone who coaches cheerleading for a living and someone else who teaches dance. Poor Carole Baskin didn't stand a chance!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
One thing I've never understood is why someone would go on Dancing on Ice instead of Strictly. To me it's a cheap knock off. I don't see the appeal at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
One thing I've never understood is why someone would go on Dancing on Ice instead of Strictly. To me it's a cheap knock off. I don't see the appeal at all.
Some are asked to by ITV (especially their presenters & soap stars). Otherwise, probably for the cash. I liked the series when James Jordan was on, otherwise it's crap and there's always a toxic feeling to it at least once each series (firstly Gemma then Caprice and of course, all of Jason Gardiner's insults over the years). And to top it off, Schofield is the host.

If I were a celeb, DOI would be the last show I'd ever consider. Easily would go with SCD and/or IAC (and even CBB back in the day).

Reactions: 7
I used to love Dancing on Ice when it first started. It was always ever so subtly different from Strictly that it could never be called a direct rip off, and I adore Torvill and Dean and would watch it for them alone. I used to go to the tours every year. But as time went on Schofield and his ego got out of control and he took over the whole show and it became almost unwatchable (it wasn’t only Schofield who was the problem, but he was the main one). They started tinkering with the format, swapped and changed the judges every week or felt like it.I felt it ended at the right time. The reboot has never been remotely as good, partly because in its original run T&D choreographed all the routines, and this time around they are judges instead. It missed their artistic input badly IMO.

I did some ice skating as a child, and it’s also very dangerous. Far more dangerous than ballroom is. But I suppose it’s easy money and ITV have bigger check books than the Beeb.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
To sum up the DS forum if you don't worship at the throne of Queen Oti then every pro is up for criticism and tearing down but not her at all. Plus you always have to remember her win and success previous years is never down to luck of getting a great partner like Danny or Kelvin but ALWAYS down to her. :cautious:
It’s getting tiresome the myth that it’s down to just queen oti and nothing to do with the fact she’s had good partners. It’s also pretty obvious the bbc (like slime ball king Kevin before her) and the show are pushing and favouring her, look at all the shows she’s been given and the exposure that gave her. Lots of people have bought into it like the idiots on DS and now blindly believe whatever she does is brilliant.

Reactions: 8
If I were a celeb, DOI would be the last show I'd ever consider. Easily would go with SCD and/or IAC (and even CBB back in the day).
DOI is the only still running celeb show I'd absolutely refuse to ever go on if I was a celeb because of how dangerous it is.

The other two would've been the Tom Daley fronted 'Splash' where they learned how to dive (and Tom Daley got caught on national television checking out Dan Osborne in a Speedo when I believe he was still in the closet, and the awkwardness of Dan catching Tom staring, Tom looked away guiltily and host Vernon Kay looking a third wheel in the middle.

The other show, number one show for the most desperate for fame and money, 'The Jump', the most dangerous celeb reality show ever. More injuries than successful ski jumps. Many injuries were very serious!

DOI is the only still running celeb show I'd absolutely refuse to ever go on if I was a celeb because of how dangerous it is.

The other two would've been the Tom Daley fronted 'Splash' where they learned how to dive (and Tom Daley got caught on national television checking out Dan Osborne in a Speedo when I believe he was still in the closet, and the awkwardness of Dan catching Tom staring, Tom looked away guiltily and host Vernon Kay looking a third wheel in the middle.

The other show, number one show for the most desperate for fame and money, 'The Jump', the most dangerous celeb reality show ever. More injuries than successful ski jumps. Many injuries were very serious!
OMG yes, The Jump - no chance. I'd go on celebrity mastermind and bake off too

Reactions: 5
I used to love Dancing on Ice when it first started. It was always ever so subtly different from Strictly that it could never be called a direct rip off, and I adore Torvill and Dean and would watch it for them alone. I used to go to the tours every year. But as time went on Schofield and his ego got out of control and he took over the whole show and it became almost unwatchable (it wasn’t only Schofield who was the problem, but he was the main one). They started tinkering with the format, swapped and changed the judges every week or felt like it I felt it ended at the right time. The reboot has never been remotely as good, partly because in its original run T&D choreographed all the routines, and this time around they are judges instead. It missed their artistic input badly IMO.
Yes yes yes to all of this

Love "The Jump". I think I'm all about risks so I'd do this.

Showing my age, but does anymore remember the reality show "The Games"? I loved that, totally something I'd love to do.

Reactions: 3

Oh there was worse. Remember Only Fools on Horses which had celebs doing show jumping? Going over jumps when you’ve never ridden a horse before is absolute bleeping madness. There were a few broken bones unsurprisingly.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Why don't they just invent a show where very minor celebs line up and we throw old fruit at them?

• Haha
I managed to erase the Jump from my memory. Never watched it but was appalled that they continued it for a few seasons despite the number of injuries. Not even remotely safe.

Reactions: 3
I managed to erase the Jump from my memory. Never watched it but was appalled that they continued it for a few seasons despite the number of injuries. Not even remotely safe.
Was it Beth Tweddle who ended up seriously injured on that?

Reactions: 2
That was hilarious, it was so tit, but I couldn't help but love it.
Honestly I still miss it a bit! I was 15 when it first aired... ahh back in the day when my only worry was whether Anton would make it through the hole or not 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
'Splash' was a joke. Wasn't Jo Brand a judge there? I wonder what she knew about diving.

Despite that, I still hope Tom will return to Reality TV one day, I definitely want to see him in the ballroom.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.