Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god. Given how nationalistic many Scots are (after all, I come from there), I can just imagine he'll get through again. All he needs now is for Sturgeon to then make a tweet telling people vote for him like she did with Joe McFadden and then we'll be stuck with him until the final. :(

Someone likeable and fun above all else. Though after a year on the bench and two mid series exits, it's probably his turn to get someone decent.
I didn't know NS did that!!! I voted Joe any way cos I liked him.

I wanted to like JJ but they're just using too many gimmicks!!! And I'm no fan of Amy and her screeching

Reactions: 7
It’s nice to see a lot on here are saying they are going to vote for Maisie next week. Being in the dance off two weeks in a row must be horrible for her. She’s only a teenager I don’t know how people can say bad things about her... yeah she might be confident but aren’t all actors? she’s been on tv since she was little & I personally would rather a good dancer go far. Surely her winning would be better than say bill or Harvey ( who I am absolutely sick of) ? I did want bill to win to begin with but as the weeks go on I’ve warmed to Maisie and It would be nice for Gorka to win I think he deserves it 💜 please tell me im
Not alone in this

Reactions: 23
It’s nice to see a lot on here are saying they are going to vote for Maisie next week. Being in the dance off two weeks in a row must be horrible for her. She’s only a teenager I don’t know how people can say bad things about her... yeah she might be confident but aren’t all actors? she’s been on tv since she was little & I personally would rather a good dancer go far. Surely her winning would be better than say bill or Harvey ( who I am absolutely sick of) ? I did want bill to win to begin with but as the weeks go on I’ve warmed to Maisie and It would be nice for Gorka to win I think he deserves it 💜 please tell me im
Not alone in this
I completely agree with you, my favourites to watch are Jaime and Karen but I will definitely start voting for Maisie because she was definitely the best dancer this week and deserves way more than she gets. Bill is starting to annoy me now, you can tell he’s had previous training, but acts like he hasn’t and I haven’t found him that entertaining to watch. Wouldn’t mind if bill or JJ went this week. I love Jaime he’s so funny has actually improved, were as Harvey has always been good so he’s really boring to watch, plus he’s not got a lot too him. My sister votes for him because he did a collab with some kpop band she likes, she loved it when he danced to dynamite. I’ve noticed quite a few on Maisie’s dances have been to songs that have trended on tiktok, perhaps to appeal to kids who spend all their time on it.

I feel sorry for Maisie being in the dance-off two weeks in a row, it must be awful to know people aren’t voting for you. But for me, there’s a fine line between confidence and arrogance - to begin with she came bounding in, previously having won the CIN special last year and imo knowing she was good - someone made a great point earlier that that is the time when people can pick up fans and not everyone likes that level of confidence.

19 is young, but when you’ve been in an industry such as acting for 15 years, you’re not a typical 19-year-old. There’s also the thing with being caught smoking Cannabis while driving. Most of us would lose our jobs for that, far less be allowed to do Strictly.

In saying that, she has grown on me and when there are less strong dancers still there, it’s a shame she’s been in the dance off twice.

One of the good things about Strictly is it’s different strokes for different folks. I love Bill - I don’t know what dance experience/training he’s had but I enjoy watching him and he makes me smile. I’m Scottish but I don’t vote for JJ because I think he’s gone further than his capabilities already, and better dancers have already gone out.

Reactions: 17
Maisie is a show off, for sure. But, Strictly is a dance competition and her dancing is really quite fabulous. If she was a professional dancer dancing in competitions, she would not be judged for her personality.

I do like Bill and Oti though. Bill comes across as very charming and quietly confident and his dancing is not too shabby either.

Reactions: 13
I don’t understand why anyone is voting for JJ because he is neither good or even all that likable?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I completely agree with you, my favourites to watch are Jaime and Karen but I will definitely start voting for Maisie because she was definitely the best dancer this week and deserves way more than she gets. Bill is starting to annoy me now, you can tell he’s had previous training, but acts like he hasn’t and I haven’t found him that entertaining to watch. Wouldn’t mind if bill or JJ went this week. I love Jaime he’s so funny has actually improved, were as Harvey has always been good so he’s really boring to watch, plus he’s not got a lot too him. My sister votes for him because he did a collab with some kpop band she likes, she loved it when he danced to dynamite. I’ve noticed quite a few on Maisie’s dances have been to songs that have trended on tiktok, perhaps to appeal to kids who spend all their time on it.
I like Jamie and Karen too but I don’t think he has in it him to win . I love their partnership and routines but I think Maisie is my favourite to watch. As I love a proper dancer. There is one every season anyway , I particularly like the routines Gorka puts together and I don’t think they get enough praise for that as the rest don’t have as much content. I do like Ranvir as well as she’s a non dancer and doing amazing. No one else really stands out for me personally.

Reactions: 10
I don’t understand why anyone is voting for JJ because he is neither good or even all that likable?
I disagree. I find him very likeable on ITT. Yes, he is a quieter, more considered personality than some (calm down, Karen, please), but so is Bill and I very much like him, too. Different people like different personality types.

Reactions: 4
I disagree. I find him very likeable on ITT. Yes, he is a quieter, more considered personality than some (calm down, Karen, please), but so is Bill and I very much like him, too. Different people like different personality types.
He’s nice enough I suppose, I just can’t warm to him.

Reactions: 2
He’s nice enough I suppose, I just can’t warm to him.
That’s fair enough. I have warmed to Jamie as, even though he’s very excitable, he’s also funny and self-deprecating. For me, Karen is just too damn loud, though and is putting me off the pairing.

Reactions: 6
I think there’s just been a bit of a push back from the general public towards people who’ve had more recent extensive training see Ashley/Karim and now Maisie. A few years ago nobody would of cared but these days they want to see people improving week by week or people who are simply entertaining to watch (Ed balls/Chris Ramsey/Jamie Laing) and unfortunately some people just don’t fit that category. People probably don’t care about bill having had a bit of training because it was about 40 years ago and he’s not really done nothing with it until now.

Reactions: 10
American’s seem to be much more tolerant of the ringers than we are in the U.K. A couple of very blatant ones have won DWTS, Nicole Scherzinger and Jennifer Grey amongst others.

Reactions: 5
My husband worked with him. He’s nice enough but dull. The hero thing is all fine and well but I think wearing a mock up of their uniform was a bit naff. The Royal Marines charity Insta page is full of stories every weekend begging people to vote for him. I don’t know, maybe it’s me but it just seems a bit.... unseemly?

Reactions: 14
Not alone in this
You're not alone! Tbh, I was voting for Maisie initially because Gorka is my favourite pro, but I think she's handled everything brilliantly so far and they make a great team

Quick DS rant - I'm just finding it so ridiculous how as soon as there is a dance off, people on there tear into the pros involved, sometimes to the point of them saying they should be benched or dropped. Just so daft - it's part of the competition and happens to most of the pros. There are so many reasons why people don't get votes, but sure, it's a sackable offence now apparently

Reactions: 13
Quick DS rant - I'm just finding it so ridiculous how as soon as there is a dance off, people on there tear into the pros involved, sometimes to the point of them saying they should be benched or dropped. Just so daft - it's part of the competition and happens to most of the pros. There are so many reasons why people don't get votes, but sure, it's a sackable offence now apparently
To sum up the DS forum if you don't worship at the throne of Queen Oti then every pro is up for criticism and tearing down but not her at all. Plus you always have to remember her win and success previous years is never down to luck of getting a great partner like Danny or Kelvin but ALWAYS down to her. :cautious:

My husband worked with him. He’s nice enough but dull. The hero thing is all fine and well but I think wearing a mock up of their uniform was a bit naff. The Royal Marines charity Insta page is full of stories every weekend begging people to vote for him. I don’t know, maybe it’s me but it just seems a bit.... unseemly?
It wasn’t a ‘mock up‘, it was a uniform supplied for him by the Royal Marines.

Reactions: 3
It wasn’t a ‘mock up‘, it was a uniform supplied for him by the Royal Marines.
He had to get permission to wear it, yes, but It’s not his actual uniform. The Lovetts are wool and dancing in them would be a feat!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.