Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been thinking about this and I thought the same, that perhaps the over scoring of JJ was so the judges don’t have to send him home. But if it’s due to them wanting Amy to do well in order to justify them giving her future tv jobs I’ll bloody cancel my tv licence. She’s got zero personality or character, unless you call her win at all costs attitude a personality, because I find it quite ugly. I have also seen a lot of people comment about how her outfits have been the best this year!
If they go through tonight, she is going to go through the roof! I can’t really be bothered with any of the screaming - at elimination time a bit of professional courtesy for the couples still waiting wouldn’t go amiss and Jamie last night was too much - I’d hate to see what he’d be like if he won 😳.

I’m Scottish but I’ll be disappointed if JJ goes through. It’s so blatant - the kilt, the Marines t-shirt, the cute kids and the wife “putting her dreams on hold” so he can do Strictly - that’s a begging for votes full house.

Reactions: 16
Also I've seen a lot of people commenting on how Janette did all the cheorgraphy for their dance this week. I thought they usually got help for couple's choice?

Has JJ done any Latin yet? What's that about?
He's going to have to soon as surely he's done all the ballrooms now unless he's allowed to do them twice

Reactions: 5
Has JJ done any Latin yet? What's that about?
They seem to have a strange way of deciding the dances this year. And am I right in thinking Ranvir has had the foxtrot and then got an American Smoot foxtrot? Obviously they’re not the same but it still doesn’t seem fair. I think she’s only had one Latin too, the Cha Cha Cha?

Reactions: 10
If they go through tonight, she is going to go through the roof! I can’t really be bothered with any of the screaming - at elimination time a bit of professional courtesy for the couples still waiting wouldn’t go amiss and Jamie last night was too much - I’d hate to see what he’d be like if he won 😳.

I’m Scottish but I’ll be disappointed if JJ goes through. It’s so blatant - the kilt, the Marines t-shirt, the cute kids and the wife “putting her dreams on hold” so he can do Strictly - that’s a begging for votes full house.
I thought this last night, Amy had had the best outfits. The most “normal” outfits too. None of them have been a bit of fun!!!!

Also, I’m SURE nearly every week we see a video of his family or friends (Prince Harry) but not everyone else has had that? And certainly not every week??

Also, did anyone else think that maybe Maisie had had a bit of a talking too?? Previous weeks she’s never been so happy, never smiled when the camera landed on her or anything. Then this week, could not stop smiling in every shot!!!! Like a different girl!

Reactions: 6
Also have you noticed how she's constantly quoting and posting pictures of Dianne and yet I'm yet to see Dianne repost anything back recently back other than the one post once she was voted out. I think her, or more likely Joe, has spotted exactly what Amy's doing and doesn't want her fans to be so blatantly manipulated. I don't seem to remember Amy coming out saying anything or supporting Dianne when she was getting so much hate earlier in the competition 🤔

I'll be with you in cancelling my tv licence but somehow when it comes to Amy I think we're safe.
It’s been so blatant her constantly reminding everybody what great friends she is with Dianne.
It’s also true Dianne has had to deal with all the harassment she gets from those weirdo trolls by herself (one of them recently did a tweet where they’d calculated in percentage how much of Dianne’s recent Instagram was of her and Joe and of her and max, because unlike all the other pros Dianne isn’t allowed to promote her celeb) when dianne found out last year Shirley was getting a bit of hate from fans after devs elimination she immediately put out a tweet saying it had to immediately stop.

Last edited:
  • Sad
I thought this last night, Amy had had the best outfits. The most “normal” outfits too. None of them have been a bit of fun!!!!

Also, I’m SURE nearly every week we see a video of his family or friends (Prince Harry) but not everyone else has had that? And certainly not every week??

Also, did anyone else think that maybe Maisie had had a bit of a talking too?? Previous weeks she’s never been so happy, never smiled when the camera landed on her or anything. Then this week, could not stop smiling in every shot!!!! Like a different girl!
I thought that too, and the “Gorka and I laugh all day every day in training!” seemed to come out the blue as well. I do feel a bit sorry for her, it must be awful to know you’re not popular because it’s not the quality of her dancing that had her in the bottom two. But people will remember the driving with what appeared to be a spliff too so it did feel a bit like damage limitation.

Saw that Curtis is back in the papers today whining about Maura going out with Chris, 8 months after they split up. Ugh.

back on strictly, am I the only one who hated Harvey’s dance last night?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Saw that Curtis is back in the papers today whining about Maura going out with Chris, 8 months after they split up. Ugh.

Contemporary/couple’s choice dances are always a bit lost on me tbh, I wouldn’t be sad if they ditched them

Reactions: 11
His technique was really good, but I just don’t enjoy watching CC. This was also a weird hybrid between contemporary and street (closer to what would be called commercial), and it’s just not my cup of tea. Didn’t connect with his story either (might just be because I’m stone cold, but I usually don’t haha).

Reactions: 10

I saw that. Interesting when she announced her relationship she didn't need to mention him to get any headlines.

I couldn't stand him when he was on tge show but has anyone listened to Kevin's podcast about the show? He's not afraid to criticise the dances or judges without making it a slag off fest and can't believe I'm saying it but think he'd be really good judge. Just goes to show what a absolute mess AJ is and how to leave a show with a bit of maturity, class and not completely screw up your chances of future work.

Reactions: 6

The Pritchard family are awful, desperate and attention seeking. The father is just as bad as Curtis and AJ from what I can see.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The Pritchard family are awful, desperate and attention seeking. The father is just as bad as Curtis and AJ from what I can see.
His girlfriend seems to conveniently have a story to sell to the paper's everyday about AJ. Seems to struggle to find any pictures of her not just in her underwear though.

I'm still laughing about the idea someone would pay £10k to kill her just because she's dating AJ. Surely Curtis hasn't made that much yet

• Haha
His technique was really good, but I just don’t enjoy watching CC. This was also a weird hybrid between contemporary and street (closer to what would be called commercial), and it’s just not my cup of tea. Didn’t connect with his story either (might just be because I’m stone cold, but I usually don’t haha).
Yes I’d have called it commercial. My husband just did a dance round the living room to the carpenters with a pair of oven gloves that had more contemporary content than that routine.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
First time on this thread, so glad I'm not alone in not liking JJ - I didn't like him from the very first show when Claudia asked him how it would feel being separated from his wife and kids for the entirety of the show and he was sooo flippant in his response. Saying how he's often away from them for TV work so it's no biggie, clearly he doesn't give a f*ck. Really rubbed me the wrong way!

• Haha
First time on this thread, so glad I'm not alone in not liking JJ - I didn't like him from the very first show when Claudia asked him how it would feel being separated from his wife and kids for the entirety of the show and he was sooo flippant in his response. Saying how he's often away from them for TV work so it's no biggie, clearly he doesn't give a f*ck. Really rubbed me the wrong way!
But don’t forget, she’s given up her dreams so he can do his!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Yes I’d have called it commercial. My husband just did a dance round the living room to the carpenters with a pair of oven gloves that had more contemporary content than that routine.
Tbh they never said what specific dance style they were doing, it was always just announced as couples choice so I guess it was meant to be a combination of street commercial and contemporary. They’ve never done that before it’s always been pick one, they just seem to get more vague with the rules every year which is quite annoying as I’d rather just watch a proper ballroom and Latin dance.

Reactions: 9
Anyone else distracted by alijaz’s quiff last night. I love him😂😂 also feel Maisie deserved 30 not harvy

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.