Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It makes me feel ridiculously smug that 1) Harvey's dance isn't trending on YouTube like he was last week, even with the Harry Styles song, and 2) all my fellow Harry fans are slating the song cover in the comments
Imagine a jive to Kiwi, maybe a samba or cha cha to Adore You or a rumba/contemp to Meet Me in the Hallway. WHY A TANGO TO GOLDEN???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm only catching up with the show now but my first observation is.... Does Shirley own a high neck dress!? She has the cleavage on show every week!
Her dresses are usually provided by fashion house Reiss - she credits them most weekend for what she is dressed in.

Reactions: 1
I actually sort of understand where he's coming from with the scoring. He desperately wants to stay on the panel but because he goes after Shirley and she's a mess this year, his hands are tied a bit otherwise he shows just how awful she is this year. I've loved hearing actual critique about technique. I think we're stuck with Motsi but they should expand back to 4 judges next week
They can’t go back to 4 judges this year as it would be unfair on the contestants who left on 3 and may have got through (aka Max and Dianne). I love Motsi and think she is a great judge. I cannot stand Bruno so happy he isn’t here this year, he can stay in LA and replace him with Anton next year.

Reactions: 8
Imagine a jive to Kiwi, maybe a samba or cha cha to Adore You or a rumba/contemp to Meet Me in the Hallway. WHY A TANGO TO GOLDEN???
I seem to be the only person who didn't really mind this song choice, haha. A jive to Kiwi would be waaay to slow, I think, same with cha cha to Adore You. Personally think Clara and Maisie had worse songs for their dances – and in Clara's case I think it really affected the performance.

Reactions: 4
I seem to be the only person who didn't really mind this song choice, haha. A jive to Kiwi would be waaay to slow, I think, same with cha cha to Adore You. Personally think Clara and Maisie had worse songs for their dances – and in Clara's case I think it really affected the performance.
I mean they could always adapt the pace like they did their own version of 'through the grapevine' for danny and oti's AT!! I feel so bad for Clara, I really hope she's safe (I don't look at the spoilers anymore so no comments about Clara pls!!! 😂 😂 )

Reactions: 2
I'm still traumatised about Blackpool after watching a TV show about someone who ran a hotel and had to kick out a guest in the middle of the night because they'd done a tit in the kettle 🤢

I've betting on 8 times for the JJ/army shout out. I would take a shot each time but I want to watch all the show
JJ was never in the army, so why would he mention it? He was in the Royal Marines, which is a branch of the Royal Navy. 🤦🏻‍♀️

So surprised that Maisie’s in the dance off again, is it just me or is Maisie regularly one of the first/middle dances? Feel like if they put her nearer the end of the show she’d get more votes ..
the slot in the show doesn’t determine how many votes she’ll get, bill Bailey proved that by being both first to dance this week and last to dance the other week. If she isn’t likeable she won’t get the votes of the public 🤷🏻‍♀️

the slot in the show doesn’t determine how many votes she’ll get, bill Bailey proved that by being both first to dance this week and last to dance the other week. If she isn’t likeable she won’t get the votes of the public 🤷🏻‍♀️
Your most likely to remember the first person to dance and the last person to dance, so that doesn’t really prove anything 🤷‍♀️

Haven’t posted for a few weeks but still enjoying the show greatly (although between Strictly, The Crown and I’m a Celeb I feel like I’m all tv’ed out!)

- JJ and Amy dances are all blending into one for me: I’ll remember Amy’s desperate behaviour this season over any of their dances.

- Clara: I am willing on! Her theming was rubbish this week and I hope she gets through for another shot next week.

- Ranvir continues to grow on me: she’s just so likeable and as cheesy as it sounds is literally blossoming in front of us all.

- Bill is great - although definitely a ringer

- Caroline’s dance last night made me repeatedly die inside. She needs to go out and quick.

- Do not underestimate the Harvey stans- despite scores he’ll get to the final I think

- Like many of you Maisie has grown on me; yes she’s young and confident but she really is giving it her all and Gorka really pushes her. She deserves to progress.

- I like Jamie from listening to his podcast - he has an ability to laugh at himself and seizes the day: I respect that and it makes me smile.

- I’m also enjoying Anton - I can’t abide Motsi: all I hear is noise (and not good noise at that!)

- Shirley needs to tone it down; again it makes me cringe. Craig is just fab as always...

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Maisie is like Alexandra Burke all over again!! Shes just not coming across as likeable at all and it’s a shame as she’s a great dancer. Totally off topic but what is the reason for the Gemma Atkinson/Alexandra beef?

Reactions: 4
Maisie is like Alexandra Burke all over again!! Shes just not coming across as likeable at all and it’s a shame as she’s a great dancer. Totally off topic but what is the reason for the Gemma Atkinson/Alexandra beef?
If I remember correctly, it was something to do with Alexandra believing Gorka was spending more time flirting with Gemma than teaching her the routines. She blamed Gemma and Gorka for her exit rather than her being so unpopular with the public.

Reactions: 12
If I remember correctly, it was something to do with Alexandra believing Gorka was spending more time flirting with Gemma than teaching her the routines. She blamed Gemma and Gorka for her exit rather than her being so unpopular with the public.
Didnt Gemma and Alexandra both get to the final though?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.