Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have to say Im loving Anton on the judging panel he needs to stay and get rid of Motsi.
I'm conflicted. Like his critiques, but hate his scoring. Love Motsi, and feel like even though her critiques are a bit... all over the place, the scoring is usually ok.

Reactions: 8
I'm conflicted. Like his critiques, but hate his scoring. Love Motsi, and feel like even though her critiques are a bit... all over the place, the scoring is usually ok.
I actually sort of understand where he's coming from with the scoring. He desperately wants to stay on the panel but because he goes after Shirley and she's a mess this year, his hands are tied a bit otherwise he shows just how awful she is this year. I've loved hearing actual critique about technique. I think we're stuck with Motsi but they should expand back to 4 judges next week

Reactions: 5
Have to say Im loving Anton on the judging panel he needs to stay and get rid of Motsi.
I really hope he gets a permanent spot next year, most likely replacing Bruno (who hasn’t been missed this series imo). His time is up as a pro and everyone knows it and he definitely seems to suit sitting behind the judges desk.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yep, this pretty much sums up my thoughts!

I can see why Maisie did get any 10s because of the tiny error coming out of the lift, but then you look at what did get 10s - ridiculous. It feels like she has to do so much more than the others to get decent scores. Most other celebs getting rewarded because the judges are surprised they're not tit, whereas Maisie gets picked apart over the small details

Hrvy's tango was ok, but why does Janette have to add bits where she's getting flung about into every single dance. And Shirley (clearly reluctantly) pulling him up over his poor frame and a few mistakes, then giving him a 9. FFS

I love Ranvir, but that AT was most definitely not worth a 10, Anton. And those 9s for JJ 😒

I don't think Aljaz choreographs or teaches samba very well - this isn't the first time he's had a dodgy one with a decent celeb
Ikr, I feel like Maisie is the only person who gets actual criticism and scores that reflect her dancing, were as HRVY or Jaime get a couple extra points because Shirley fancies them :sick: or they had an entertaining dance. I thought HRVY might have the same fate as Aston Merrygold but it seems even when he has a bad dance Shirley is determined to save him (I hate how a 60 year old woman swoons over a man barely out of his teens). I feel with Clara and Jaime the judges yo-yo between loving them and giving them great scores and praise but then when they have a bad performance they do criticise them for it. Were as Bill, JJ and HRVY always get praise no matter what.

Reactions: 16
Dave has now confirmed the Tellystats spoiler: Maisie vs Caroline and Caroline out.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Dave has now confirmed the Tellystats spoiler: Maisie vs Caroline and Caroline out.
better than the predicted one, I think that’s fairer (you know what I mean, I know that’s not what it’s about)

I didn’t think Maisie would be a hit with a lot of the viewers but I’m surprised she’s in the dance off two weeks in a row

Reactions: 8
better than the predicted one, I think that’s fairer (you know what I mean, I know that’s not what it’s about)

I didn’t think Maisie would be a hit with a lot of the viewers but I’m surprised she’s in the dance off two weeks in a row
Nooo I’m really disappointed who it was between.

Reactions: 3

Yeah. Feel a bit bad that I didn't vote for her now. Voted Clara x2 and Bill, because I felt that Clara's scores weren't fair and I just love Bill (although I will be the first to say Bill's scores were a bit high. Probably should have got somewhere in the range of 21-24 points). But even though I find Maisie to be a bit stagnant (and thus a bit boring), she still is the best dancer and deserve to go further.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah. Feel a bit bad that I didn't vote for her now. Voted Clara x2 and Bill, because I felt that Clara's scores weren't fair and I just love Bill (although I will be the first to say Bill's scores were a bit high. Probably should have got somewhere in the range of 21-24 points). But even though I find Maisie to be a bit stagnant (and thus a bit boring), she still is the best dancer and deserve to go further.
defo feeling sorry for Maisie now. I'm glad Caroline is out but JJ should have been dance off

Reactions: 14
defo feeling sorry for Maisie now. I'm glad Caroline is out but JJ should have been dance off
So surprised that Maisie’s in the dance off again, is it just me or is Maisie regularly one of the first/middle dances? Feel like if they put her nearer the end of the show she’d get more votes ..

Reactions: 7
Sayonara Caroline! I'm sure that Johannes, Maisie and Gorka are all relieved with the judges decision.

Give Johannes someone likeable next year and please give Maisie a slot later in the show for a change.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh I'm relieved. Was really worried when i heard the rumour Clara had gone. I think she's got more to give.

I'm warming to Maisie now, she definitely didn't deserve to be in the DO. Though maybe people thought she was safe and voted elsewhere?

Reactions: 9
Despite the ridiculous scoring, I prefered Anton this weekend.

Also, we all know I'm ready to drop my knickers for Gio, but sadly I didn't enjoy the dance. Like it was alright, but I think now everyone is hyping them up as a possible thing... they left them to the end to make us wait and it was blah. Ravnir looked pissed off for some reason, and the guyliner just made me gag.

Reactions: 12
It makes me feel ridiculously smug that 1) Harvey's dance isn't trending on YouTube like he was last week, even with the Harry Styles song, and 2) all my fellow Harry fans are slating the song cover in the comments

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Also, we all know I'm ready to drop my knickers for Gio, but sadly I didn't enjoy the dance. Like it was alright, but I think now everyone is hyping them up as a possible thing... they left them to the end to make us wait and it was blah. Ravnir looked pissed off for some reason, and the guyliner just made me gag.
Ranvir doesn’t seem to enjoy the chemistry comments and honestly I don’t blame her, Shirley went too far with it tbh

Reactions: 15

She seemed really uncomfortable at the end didn’t she when they went over to the judges and gio went looking at her and she wasn’t looking back and just stood there with a face on? Wonder what that was about. There have been better ATs on the show but she is really good for a beginner wouldn’t you say

I agree about Anton. I don’t miss Motsi at all. I still friggin Hate Shirley

Reactions: 13
Thanks for those who keep spoiler reactions and commentary inside the tags as well as the original commentary- some of the responses may well give the game away!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.