Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i thought Kelvin has improved this week. That was a great jive - his kicks and flicks were so sharp.

Reactions: 4
i thought Kelvin has improved this week. That was a great jive - his kicks and flicks were so sharp.
Agree! In rehearsal footage he didn’t look like he’d be able to pull it off but he really came out & sold it. Stingy Craig not giving a 10 to him or Karim! When he does give one it will mean more I guess.

I will say the pro number on the results show was one of the best this series. I really like when they do proper ballroom/Latin numbers with minimal special effects.

Also wonder why Dianne & Gorka aren't partnered in group numbers more often, they are great together was watching them during the Westlife performance, the pair of them have an amazing stage presence together. I would much rather go to a show headlined by Dianne & Gorka, than Gorka & Karen or Joe & Dianne.

And was it just me or was the sound quality extremely bad during Westlife?

I used to really like Karen but her OTT reactions to everything irritate me. Ridiculous over-marking for her and Chris.
I find Saffron and AJ a bit bland but was surprised to see them in the dance off as thought she'd have a big fan base voting.
Disappointed with Michelle's Vogue dance which didn't involve much actual dancing.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think Kelvin needs to be fanciable to be likeable? I don’t fancy him but I do think he’s a good dancer. I’d like him to win.
I agree. If it is down to ability it’s got to be between Kelvin and Karim.... I think Kelvin might be that bit better than Karim.
It’s the battle of the K’s!

Reactions: 3
I would say Kelvin is more consistent, perhaps the more relaxed performer that is less likely to bottle it and mess up, but I definitely think Karim is the better dancer. Kelvin has only really mastered the Latin dances and his ballrooms have been a bit underwhelming, whereas Karim's Quickstep was as impressive as his Salsa.

Reactions: 1
I would say Kelvin is more consistent, perhaps the more relaxed performer that is less likely to bottle it and mess up, but I definitely think Karim is the better dancer. Kelvin has only really mastered the Latin dances and his ballrooms have been a bit underwhelming, whereas Karim's Quickstep was as impressive as his Salsa.
I adored Karim’s Quickstep. My favourite of the series so far!

Like him or not kelvin is easily as good as one of the professional dancers. In every dance he does, he does perfectly.

is it true Karim has done ballet in the past?

"I know some people think: 'Ooh, he's got dance experience, it helps'. But I say it's like languages; if you can speak Spanish, it doesn't mean you can speak Italian."

She continued: "If you're ballet trained you can have such turned-out feet, but in ballroom you need parallel feet, so you've actually then got to un-train them and then train them”

Imo not completely true.
If you’ve learned one form of dance you do learn how to hold your body, how to move you body and how to follow instructions in dance.
I think it does give you an advantage. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
"I know some people think: 'Ooh, he's got dance experience, it helps'. But I say it's like languages; if you can speak Spanish, it doesn't mean you can speak Italian."

She continued: "If you're ballet trained you can have such turned-out feet, but in ballroom you need parallel feet, so you've actually then got to un-train them and then train them”

Imo not completely true.
If you’ve learned one form of dance you do learn how to hold your body, how to move you body and how to follow instructions in dance.
I think it does give you an advantage. 🤷‍♀️
☝🏽

Reactions: 1
I’d disagree with her point about languages as well.
Learning 2 languages at the same time is hard, knowing one language and learning a second is easier, which is exactly what karim is doing 🤷‍♀️
She’s just trying to cover the fact he has an advantage

Reactions: 2
Karim annoyed me with his crying... then Amy joined in! It was his first dodgy review! FFS man up - it's just a dance competition.

Karim annoyed me with his crying... then Amy joined in! It was his first dodgy review! FFS man up - it's just a dance competition.

“it’s his birthday next week and I really wanted him to get to Blackpool”

kelvin has had none of that tit, no “granny” in the audience in tears, he clearly works hard and it’s showing,
Saffron and Karim (who both have had previous dance experience/private lessons) need to let their feet do the talking. Not their fans or sob stories.

Like him or not kelvin is easily as good as one of the professional dancers. me very dance he does, he does perfectly.

is it true Karim has done ballet in the past?
“it’s his birthday next week and I really wanted him to get to Blackpool”

kelvin has had none of that tit, no “granny” in the audience in tears, he clearly works hard and it’s showing,
Saffron and Karim (who both have had previous dance experience/private lessons) need to let their feet do the talking. Not their fans or sob stories.
Kelvin did have his granny in the audience at Blackpool Elstree is apparently to far for her to travel & in an early VT Oti & Kelvin went & played bingo with her.

Kelvin did have his granny in the audience at Blackpool Elstree is apparently to far for her to travel & in an early VT Oti & Kelvin went & played bingo with her.
I’m comparing it to saffron dedicating a dance to her poor poor little granny

(who would usually spend half the year in Florida but that didn’t fit the “frail little woman” narrative 😆)

• Heart
I'm not one to care about past dance experience to be honest. Some of my favourite dances over the years have been from those who have had experience and I'm glad I didn't miss out on them. At the end of the day most people that go into the entertainment industry will at some point have been asked to dance, so it'd be pretty hard to get that many celebrities as total beginners and the first few weeks would be utterly boring waiting for them all to improve.

Kelvin isn't above the nans and I'm sure we'll get his sob story next week for his couples choice. He's had tears over his daughter already. And while he's good, sometimes excellent, I would never mistake him for a professional, not that that should be expected.

Last edited:
Kelvin was on holiday in the same hotel as me last year with his family. His wife/partner was pregnant with their 2nd child. They seemed such a lovely family, he wasn't at all starry and stopped to chat a few times, so I'm a big fan of his.

Also like Chris mainly because he's the only one left that started rubbish and has really worked at it. He's not the best dancer, but the most improved. And he just seems to be soaking it all up and enjoying every minute

Reactions: 8
i agree - I don't really mind at all about past dance experience. i like watching great performances. Every year there's a gripe about someone. Debbie Mcgee got a lot of flack because was a trained ballerina. But for me that didn't detract from my enjoyment of watching her and she did some phenomenal routines.

My main focus with Karen this series is her hair !! She appears to have gone for the lesbian biker undercut look !! Its a bold move !

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.