Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Doogiesog

The voting this season has been awful in my opinion.

The top five scoring celebrities this year (by averages) are Kelvin, Karim, Michelle, Saffron and Dev.

Of those five, three are gone before the quarter finals and another is the only person left to have been in a dance off.

I would not even be shocked at this point to see a Kelvin and Karim dance off. I'm starting to wonder what the point is of people trying hard in training if they're just going to be judged and voted on according to their facial expressions, what they say in interviews and whether or not their family member is deemed acceptable to bring up and get emotional about.

Reactions: 5

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Dod anyone else notice how high up Aj's thigh Saffron has her hand?! She quickly moved it!
Yes i noticed that! Then when they were stood behind the sofa they were very close together and he looked like he had his arm around her but none of the other couples were stood so close to each other. I think Saffron has probably fallen for him but he has a girlfriend doesn't he?

Apparently, I thought he was gay too but on his insta he has a gf, smoke screen perhaps?
In this day and age I don't think gay men need smokescreens! His brother curtis also looks gay but has a girlfriend although everyone thinks it's fake. i think most of the male dancers seem camp but most of them are straight.

MissTeddy

VIP Member
That couples choice that Chris and Karen did was pure cringe - the scoring that received was ridiculous.

Separately i'm very much enjoying seeing Kevin back rather than big nostril Neil.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
The voting this season has been awful in my opinion.

The top five scoring celebrities this year (by averages) are Kelvin, Karim, Michelle, Saffron and Dev.

Of those five, three are gone before the quarter finals and another is the only person left to have been in a dance off.

I would not even be shocked at this point to see a Kelvin and Karim dance off. I'm starting to wonder what the point is of people trying hard in training if they're just going to be judged and voted on according to their facial expressions, what they say in interviews and whether or not their family member is deemed acceptable to bring up and get emotional about.
It's been a funny old year for Strictly I think. I just haven't got into it at all as much as previous years. No idea why really. I *think* it is something to do with the professionals being bigger celebs these days than the celebs possibly? The judging and scoring has been odd at best. I still am not sure about Motsi being a judge and the sister of a professional. Can't quite put my finger on what just hasn't clicked with me this year.

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Karen’s haircut is edgy but it suits her personality. She was ace with Charles last year. It’s surprising she’s still in it with Chris, no one expected that in week 1!
And quite often back dancing with Kevin again in the group dances - which is nice to see.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I

Surely it’s a generation thing though? He’s the same as my Nan. She’s never eaten curry or Chinese or a burger. That stuff just didn’t used to be around when she was younger. That out of date viewpoint will just die with that generation.
Yeah, it’s like I know a woman in her 80’s, nice woman, but she refers to non-white people as “coloured”, not in a racist meaning, but in the way that a lot of people of that generation did, because that’s what they did.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I knew he would be good as I saw him drunk dancing on his wife’s Instagram stories and he was bloody brilliant. I love a man who can dance 🕺🏼

TinaTree

Chatty Member
Kelvin is great easily my favourite this year but even he looked uncomfortable with the comments if its not a 10 why not give him feedback off how he can improve

BDY_97

VIP Member
Saffron barker has just been announced as the next celebrity 🙄 wow, I knew it has been rumoured but I didn’t think the bbc would actually go for someone who has had scandals recently

• Wow
  • Angry

Flossy2019

VIP Member
i agree with earlier post - I've never seen a pro behave so unprofessionally. Yes it was a shock but there are always shocks - its produced to be shocking and entertaining - to keep people engaged and watching the show. She's very new to the programme and has only experienced good things so far - if she's going to stay with Strictly she'll need to learn to take the rough with the smooth. Not all her partners will be young guys - she could get a 65yr old news reader next year and go out in week one.
She was eliminated in week two with her first partner (Rev Richard coles) not last series series before so she hasn’t always had young men. It’s clear her and dev get on really well you can see them hugging back stage thanking each other how much they appreciate one and other. I’m sure janette cried when she got booted off with Aston

invisibleotter

Chatty Member
Why don't people like Gio - out of interest ?

Personally i loved seeing Kevin dance with Alex this week. I cannot stand Neil - I think he's a great choreographer and dancer but he leaves me cold.
Who doesn't like Gio, I think he is an excellent dancer and teacher. He's completely in love with himself, but he owns it and is all part of his charm.

I'm not a Kevin fan, I prefer him to some, but just don't warm to him. Don't get me wrong he's a great teacher, like his waltz with Anneka was good, if Anton got Anneka he would have made the waltz a joke. Kevin at least helped her enjoy the show and dancing. I personally prefer Neil to Kevin, but thats just me.

MissTeddy

VIP Member
I think my problem with Neil is that I don't find him even the slightest bit attractive and perving is a very important element of my strictly viewing ! that said I do appreciate that he's an amazing dancer etc.

No Pasha, no gorka 😭

• Haha

invisibleotter

Chatty Member
I thought it was ridiculous how much she was crying, she looked inconsolable. It's only a bloody tv programme.
I hate sounding like the minions, but it did seem there was something else going on, as all the Strictly pro girls had tears in their eyes and Claudia was trying to hold back the tears. It was quite odd, it does suggest there was more to it than just being voted out .

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
I was completely underwhelmed by Kelvin this week. Thought his dance was rubbish.

Saffron was weak so i’m not surprised she’s gone although Alex isn’t much better.

None of them really stood out this week - it’s all a bit flat and a bit boring....