Stranger Things - Neflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely. It's 1980's rural America. There was no such thing as a big coming out, because it wasn't all that accepted. Will is gonna be absolutely terrified, same as Robin was. Subtle coming out moments to few people is far more realistic and is actually being really well done in ST.
also, is Robin even properly out? She has told Steve but (unless I missed something) it is still a secret and she doesn't want anyone else to know yet. Which seems much more realistic for that era

Reactions: 12
also, is Robin even properly out? She has told Steve but (unless I missed something) it is still a secret and she doesn't want anyone else to know yet. Which seems much more realistic for that era
You're right, Steve is the only person she has actually told.

It's very realistic for the era.

Reactions: 14
Joseph who plays Eddie has already said he's open to a return .I know a lot of people have said they don't think he's actually dead as we didn't see a body and he was left in the upside-down. I think if he does come back it might for just flashbacks in season 5 .although I know I've seen a lot of people saying they want him dating Steve as well ]

Reactions: 6
All my Instagram feed is pictures of Eddie. I just look at pictures of him all day and been re watching the guitar scene. It's getting out of hand. I think I need some sort of intervention. Anyone know where he lives? Asking for a friend 😖🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 17
All my Instagram feed is pictures of Eddie. I just look at pictures of him all day and been re watching the guitar scene. It's getting out of hand. I think I need some sort of intervention. Anyone know where he lives? Asking for a friend 😖🤪
dont worry I re watch this bit over and over again 🥵

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4
everyone is saying they wish they just killed max off for more impact but i think actually having her alive but basically brain dead is more impactful and will lead into S5. If they killed her off everyone would've mourned it but actually not knowing whether she will make it or not keeps people taking and impactful in S5. She could end up dead or she could end up blind and paralyzed, which is really no quality of life - which is so tit for anyone. I think itll pay off in S5 keeping us guessing what will happen too her.

i also think when El went in to Maxs mind and it black, i wondered if maybe Max was stuck in the upside down or if Vecna was hiding in the "darkness" of her mind....

Eddie's death had me sobbing and Dustins crying had me sobbing even more! Outstanding acting from both of them, Sadie and Lucas this season!

Reactions: 8
Noah clearing things up 😆 I really don't know what some people expected them to do .

also am I watching a compelty different show ? Apparently they hinted at Eddie been gay and people are complaining he wasn't. When did they even say that ? Definetly people getting mixed up with wattpad 😆 .then people complaing that will didn't come up but Robin got a whole coming out scene .no she didn't she literally told one person 😆.yeah I can see will coming out but I just can't imagine Mike 😆
Go Noah!! I actually thought it was a very moving scene and reflected the time period + his age like he said. People can be soo annoyingly righteous sometimes without stopping to think for a second.

Reactions: 16
Joseph who plays Eddie has already said he's open to a return .I know a lot of people have said they don't think he's actually dead as we didn't see a body and he was left in the upside-down. I think if he does come back it might for just flashbacks in season 5 .although I know I've seen a lot of people saying they want him dating Steve as well ]
Eddie was a great addition but it would feel really lame to uno reverse his fate imo, especially when they already did it with Max. Like you said I could see him returning similar to Billy/Barb through flashbacks though.

Reactions: 7
Eddie was a great addition but it would feel really lame to uno reverse his fate imo, especially when they already did it with Max. Like you said I could see him returning similar to Billy/Barb through flashbacks though.
Totally agree

as much as I want him back (god do I want him back 😩) it would completely defeat the purpose of his epic sacrifice. He needs vindication, I really hope they acknowledge that it wasn’t him killing everyone and causing all the what-the-fuckery.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Absolutely loved it!!! The whole thing was so emotional.
The Duffer Brothers are amazing, full credit to them and their team.
The acting was superb! Sadie and Caleb are the standouts for me, just so talented.
This show deserves all the success it's getting right now. After Covid and the current state of the world atm, this bit of escapism has been just the tonic and worth the wait.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is the problem with setting a tv show in the 80s in 2022…everything is SO different, the younger audience need to realise that in the 80s it was harder to come out as gay, it was harder to accept this and it wasn’t as accepting back then. Maybe because I am a 90s kid I understand it more than someone born 2000s…

this is also why Mike was hated throughout this season, he’s a teenager in the 80s the way he acted was what any teenager in the 80s would…
I was a teenager in the 80s. (Yes I’m an old bag now!)
To put it into perspective, at my secondary school not one person in my year, male or female came out whilst at school. NONE!
You have to remember this was the era of us being scared shitless of AIDS (It wasn’t referred to as HIV as much back then)
We had government adverts that warned us all “don’t die of ignorance”. There was also a lot of reporting calling it “the gay disease” so is it any wonder no one would choose to come out back then?
That’s not to say we didn’t all have an idea who was gay (3 boys who we thought were all did come out as adults) but it just was not something they would have admitted to at school. They certainly wouldn’t have admitted it to their best friends because they’d have been dropped like a ton of bricks, as their friends would fear people would think they were gay too.
It sounds harsh and it was, but it’s just how it was back then.
The only famous gay people I can recall back then were Larry Grayson and John Inman and they were the typical camp stereotype so no teenager would want to be compared to them! Remember even George Michael was “straight” in the 80s!
In the 1980s Will would not have come out to Mike and even less likely to his brother for fear of being disowned by them.
I admire the Duffer Brothers for keeping it true to the era, although I think they will go against this in S5 to give Will his happy ever after.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
i do love the fact that 3 people was been choked to death for what felt like 30 mins and made it out alive 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

I’ve seen a few people say they only think Joseph is fit with the Eddie wig on, like are they blind. This man is the new loml

• Heart
Reactions: 20

I’ve seen a few people say they only think Joseph is fit with the Eddie wig on, like are they blind. This man is the new loml
[/QUOTE]
Oh my god he is soo attractive 😭

I’m all done! I am exhausted!
It's weirdly tiring isn't it!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.