Stranger Things - Neflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I'll sound annoying but it really annoyed me when Mike kept saying El didn't NEED him anymore. No she's a kick ass superhero. She doesn't NEED you , she loves you. I understand she's vulnerable and naive but she don't need no man 🤣 max taught her that.

Reactions: 12
i’ve been listening to joe keery’s music since i finished watching - my heart cannot take this,

Reactions: 2
I actually cried loads at this part, I think I’m definitely in the minority though 😂 I think he did genuinely care about her in his own fucked up way, it was fitting that he died trying to save her
I got a bit chocked up myself when he was talking to Eleven in his final moments telling her he did it for her etc and she didn’t believe him. I was screaming at the tv Eleven just tell the man you believe him or something and put him out of his misery 😂 Not going to lie when they were driving away I thought they were going to run him over.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Is this a stupid question
how did they get back through from the upside down as Eddie cut the rope they made. I guess they found another way as the floor ripped open all over the place but like I was expecting them to all be stuck in there and die 😂
Well Dustin jumped off a chair and managed to climb through so I’m sure they did something similar 😆

Reactions: 6
I know I'll sound annoying but it really annoyed me when Mike kept saying El didn't NEED him anymore. No she's a kick ass superhero. She doesn't NEED you , she loves you. I understand she's vulnerable and naive but she don't need no man 🤣 max taught her that.
I think that's more about Mike's insecurities than about her actually needing him, like to save her or whatever. To him, she's this strong, beautiful girl and he's.... the nerd that has nothing to offer. But also, in a way, they've always needed each other. They're the North that their compass points towards. I know a lot of people don't like Mike or ship Byler but it's always been El and Mike.

Also can we point out not one of the Hawkins gang ever said anything about wanting El back just to help, for insight or an extra two hands or anything. They only want her because of her powers. Mike is the only one who has treated her as someone worthy with and without her powers.

Reactions: 8
Noah clearing things up 😆 I really don't know what some people expected them to do .

Noah clearing things up 😆 I really don't know what some people expected them to do .
also am I watching a compelty different show ? Apparently they hinted at Eddie been gay and people are complaining he wasn't. When did they even say that ? Definetly people getting mixed up with wattpad 😆 .then people complaing that will didn't come up but Robin got a whole coming out scene .no she didn't she literally told one person 😆.yeah I can see will coming out but I just can't imagine Mike 😆

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

also am I watching a compelty different show ? Apparently they hinted at Eddie been gay and people are complaining he wasn't. When did they even say that ? Definetly people getting mixed up with wattpad 😆 .then people complaing that will didn't come up but Robin got a whole coming out scene .no she didn't she literally told one person 😆.yeah I can see will coming out but I just can't imagine Mike 😆
I love Noah’s comeback. I was so moved when Will used El in lieu of himself in the photo and his feelings towards Mike. Seeing him get kindness and acceptance from his brother after this as well was beautiful.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

I think those scenes with Will were handled really well - not that coming out in 2022 is not longer a big deal, but for a teenage boy in the mid 80s he would surely be terrified that he would be ostracised from his friends and family. And they really showed how heartbreaking his emotional turmoil is

I recently rewatched Robin's coming out scene and she thinks that Steve won't want anything to do with her once she tells him ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think those scenes with Will were handled really well - not that coming out in 2022 is not longer a big deal, but for a teenage boy in the mid 80s he would surely be terrified that he would be ostracised from his friends and family. And they really showed how heartbreaking his emotional turmoil is

I recently rewatched Robin's coming out scene and she thinks that Steve won't want anything to do with her once she tells him ☹
Absolutely. It's 1980's rural America. There was no such thing as a big coming out, because it wasn't all that accepted. Will is gonna be absolutely terrified, same as Robin was. Subtle coming out moments to few people is far more realistic and is actually being really well done in ST.

Reactions: 21
This is the problem with setting a tv show in the 80s in 2022…everything is SO different, the younger audience need to realise that in the 80s it was harder to come out as gay, it was harder to accept this and it wasn’t as accepting back then. Maybe because I am a 90s kid I understand it more than someone born 2000s…

this is also why Mike was hated throughout this season, he’s a teenager in the 80s the way he acted was what any teenager in the 80s would…

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Well. Going to need a while to process that properly

Non-spoilery, not very important observation, but it amused me - in nearly every scene Erica was in, they framed it so the actress looked a lot shorter than she is because she's clearly way too tall to pass for 11/12 - like having her stand at the front of the group with everyone else quite a bit behind.

Anyway...

completely agree that they should have left Max dead, as much as I love her. When she did 'die', it was such a gut punch and so heartbreaking...and then I actually rolled my eyes when El brought her back. And I'm wondering if the Duffers saw the reaction to Eddie after vol 1 was released, and thought...'oh tit'. Oh, and Noah Schnapp's acting where he's talking to Mike 😭. That kid deserves way more credit. And the guys who play Lucas and Dustin too. And Steve! Our manifesting worked!
i think it must be leading onto something. brenner said vecna absorbs his victims, and eleven couldn’t find max’s mind, so I think max is inside Vecna now. No idea what they’re gonna do with that, but I can’t imagine they’d just bring her back to life for no reason it would be a total cop out!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I loved the last 2 episodes

gutted about Eddie but knew it was coming, esp his talk with dustin about not changing and then him saying ‘do we look like heros’ 😩😩😩

As much as I love Max, i agree they should have left her dead, when she ‘died’ it was very emotional and thought it took balls to kill a loved character off.

one thing i don’t get, when El and the kids returned to hawkins, why were they acting surprised that max was in hospital with lucas? Or like they didnt know what was going on?’

also Hopper is a DILFFFFF, the shaved head is doing wonders for him 😍

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.