Stranger Things - Neflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh, I don't know how to do spoilers. Everyone hurry up and watch it already so I can spew my thoughts at you all because you guys GET it.

Can I just say, Mileven is endgame and I adore them so freaking much omg.
it’s [ spoiler ] at the start and [ / spoiler ] at the end - without the spaces :)

also: i really need that remix of running up that hill. like, right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
it’s [ spoiler ] at the start and [ / spoiler ] at the end - without the spaces :)

also: i really need that remix of running up that hill. like, right now.
Thanks!

I agree. That remix is phenomenal.

just testing to see if I get this right. Mwahahaha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I feel like I’m in the minority where I really wasn’t bothered about Eddie dying. I actually found the scene where Dustin tells his father about him being dead more sad than the actual death scene itself. I just wish they would get rid of the reoccurring “new character death” trope that’s been happening since Season 2 because it was so obvious that Eddie wasn’t going to make it out alive.

Also potentially an unpopular opinion but as sad as I am for Max’s fate, I kinda wish they had the balls to actually go through with her death. It reminds me of PLL where they initially implied that Mona was dead, only for her to end up alive. Writers sometimes care too much about backlash from the audience to actually go through with major character deaths and it ends up feeling like there’s no real stakes for the main characters.

That being said Brenner and Jason’s deaths were extremely satisfying and I’m glad my girl Nancy made it out alive. Can someone check on Dr Owens though? 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 19
From what I gather with Max I don’t think she is dead, but an in between so to speak. El saved her at the last minute and Vecna needed four victims to take over Hawkins.

Reactions: 5
I feel like I’m in the minority where I really wasn’t bothered about Eddie dying. I actually found the scene where Dustin tells his father about him being dead more sad than the actual death scene itself. I just wish they would get rid of the reoccurring “new character death” trope that’s been happening since Season 2 because it was so obvious that Eddie wasn’t going to make it out alive.

Also potentially an unpopular opinion but as sad as I am for Max’s fate, I kinda wish they had the balls to actually go through with her death. It reminds me of PLL where they initially implied that Mona was dead, only for her to end up alive. Writers sometimes care too much about backlash from the audience to actually go through with major character deaths and it ends up feeling like there’s no real stakes for the main characters.

That being said Brenner and Jason’s deaths were extremely satisfying and I’m glad my girl Nancy made it out alive. Can someone check on Dr Owens though? 😭
I agree, I wasn't overly emotional with Eddie's death scene until Dustin did that choked up sob and that sent me spiralling. It was very well done.

I was happy with Brenner's death, I was yelling at him the entire time he was on screen.

I loved El and Mike's reunion and her giggling at him with the pizza and his whole love confession. So glad they finally gave him something to do!

Sadie and Caleb absolutely knocked it out of the park with every scene they did together. Caleb in particular was just amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
omg I am so excited!! I haven't watched volume 2 yet about to start now !

• Heart
Reactions: 3
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CHECK ON OWENS!!!
I knew he'd never let El wear that stupid electric collar of his own free will.

But I'm betting he's alive. If they were going to kill him, it would be on screen.

Reactions: 2
I knew he'd never let El wear that stupid electric collar of his own free will.

But I'm betting he's alive. If they were going to kill him, it would be on screen.
and can we talk about Hopper and Els reunion I SOBBED!!!

Im having to lie down for a bit my adrenaline is running too high from all the emotions

• Heart

Im having to lie down for a bit my adrenaline is running too high from all the emotions
el and hopper got me good. “i kept the door open three inches!” and the fact that they both couldn’t stop touching each other’s now shaved hair. their relationship is honestly one of my favourite things about the show. she wanted him to be there and then he was 😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 11
el and hopper got me good. “i kept the door open three inches!” and the fact that they both couldn’t stop touching each other’s now shaved hair. their relationship is honestly one of my favourite things about the show. she wanted him to be there and then he was 😭😭

Loved it so much. I cried and laughed and cried again.

Reactions: 1
this is a test

Just finished and wowwww, how good was that

my favourite parts were Eddie playing master of puppets in the upside down and el and hoppers reunion! I don’t think I’ve worked out the 5 deaths though. Eddie, brenner, Jason, max technically. Who else? Interested to see what state max will be in in series 5. Part of me does wish they had just let her go.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I still have tears 5 minutes after I’ve finished watching it, what is wrong with me??!!
I’d seen 5 characters were supposed to die but I only counted 3, and 1 was barely in it.
Bring on February and season 5.

• Heart
this is a test

my favourite parts were Eddie playing master of puppets in the upside down and el and hoppers reunion! I don’t think I’ve worked out the 5 deaths though. Eddie, brenner, Jason, max technically. Who else? Interested to see what state max will be in in series 5. Part of me does wish they had just let her go.
I wish they just let max die - maybe she’ll come back in S5 with powers or something…Millie was incredible in that whole episode

Reactions: 9
Unpopular opinion but I thought it was a bit meh 🤷‍♀️. I found the first volume far better than these last 2 episodes. I just think it was built up so much that it didn't quite live up to my expectations. I did cry a few times but was disappointed if I'm honest

Reactions: 17
I wish they just let max die - maybe she’ll come back in S5 with powers or something…Millie was incredible in that whole episode
i wish they’d had the balls to do that too. as said up thread, this trope of bringing in a new character for a season and then killing them as the audience grows to like them is getting very old. i knew eddie was a goner the moment he appeared.

killing one of the mains would have been an extremely effective way to be like it’s getting real before the final season.

Unpopular opinion but I thought it was a bit meh 🤷‍♀️. I found the first volume far better than these last 2 episodes. I just think it was built up so much that it didn't quite live up to my expectations. I did cry a few times but was disappointed if I'm honest
potentially unpopular opinion too: it hasn’t really hit for me the same since season one. they add far far too many new characters each season and i’m always like “wow i have to get invested in these people now?” - they shoulda kept the cast as it was in season two really.

it does season finales and uses music like no other show atm though! when it’s good, it’s GOOD.

Reactions: 4
Me, seeing all your spoiler tags pop up having not seen it yet, like:

I won’t! 🫣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
this is a test

I am still trying to work out these 5 deaths myself, I think the other jock guy can’t remember his name counts as one. I think in season 5 Max may end up blind like Victor Creel if she does make it, so In that season I am assuming it will be Vecna trying to finish her off. Then the Hawkins crew working out how to save her.

Max is one of my favourites but I do think they should have killed her off. I don’t get bringing in new characters like Eddie then just to kill them off in the end.

Reactions: 3
Stopped watching this on season 2 but am keen to see season 4. Do I have to watch season 3 or will I be mega confused? Have heard it’s not great! Any way I can fast track through it 🙃🥴

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.