Stories that are horribly fascinating

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That audio was faked - the real video has been locked away somewhere private. I would destroy the video and audio if there wasn’t any legal need to have it around still.
If you mean the clip that's on YouTube, that does not surprise me one bit.

Reactions: 1
If anyone’s interested in old Hollywood scandals it can be a real rabbit hole. Some had controversy around them but just died young like Valentino but it seems half of Hollywood in the 1920s had drug and alcohol addictions. Gun crime and suicide was prevelent too. Links to people below are good starting points.

“A spate of newspaper-driven Hollywood scandals during the early 1920s included William Desmond Taylor's murder, the Roscoe Arbuckle trial, the death of Olive Thomas, the mysterious death of Thomas H. Ince, and the drug- or alcohol-related deaths of Wallace Reid, Barbara La Marr, and Jeanne Eagels, all of which prompted Hollywood studios to begin writing contracts with "morality clauses" or "moral turpitude clauses", allowing the dismissal of contractees who breached them.”
Mable Normand’s name comes up all over these cases too.
I've posted this in the Old Hollywood Gossip and Stories thread. I hope you don't mind. :)

Reactions: 4

Yossi was lost in the South American jungle for 3 weeks. His ordeal was bad enough but...

Their guide and injured friend who appeared to take the sensible option and hike out of the jungle weren't seen again. The guide was a dubious character/con artist and some people question the narrative of those who survived. Did the guide even exist and did the injured friend die when they were all together? No evidence but the total lack of info about the guide makes people speculate.

Made into a 2017 film Jungle starring Daniel Radcliffe. Underrated film but brief squeamish moments.🤢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
“Stingray will have 'malicious birth' with no mate as aquarium staff believe that a SHARK may have impregnated it; the other possibility is a process known as 'parthenogenesis. This is when eggs develop on their own without fertilization and create a clone of the mother.”

• Wow
^^ I'm having trouble understanding what the Toynbee Tiles are about, but I find them more mysterious than fascinating

There is also a story about a lady called Joyce Vincent which stayed with me for years. It was basically a young woman who lay undiscovered dead in her apartment for a couple of years before anyone found her, and this was because she was estranged from any family and didn't have any close friends or friends living close by. No one in the building ever checked her apartment and people assumed she was alive in there because her tv was left on and all her bills were automatic payments. She must have not had any trash the day she died because no one reported smells of any kind emanating from her apartment neither.

Now, it may not be too fascinating but stories like this captivate me because it riddles human cruelty and neglect all in one. To think that some people become isolated for so long that no one even questions their existence anymore is both bizarre and terrifying. It could literally happen to anyone. And to this day many more stories of this nature have been coming out, there's just something gross and inhumane about it.

I remember watching this film and it’s never left me…. Just so sad that she seemed like a normal, working woman, if I recall she had family but mustn’t have been very close but were on speaking terms, she was wrapping presents around the time she died? to have no one check in on her in all that time is just bleak. (Correct me if I’ve got facts wrong anyone)
---
I think I have read Joyce‘s story before, but seeing all the harrowing details in the wiki makes it so hard to compute…the fact she was surrounded by Christmas presents she had wrapped and that the TV was on for the whole two years. The banality of that scene (but also…the humanity - a person wrapping presents is a person with hopes and dreams for the future) is absolutely galling. And she was so beautiful. What a hard case to get over.
You’ve found the words I couldn’t to describe this… the knowledge there was something there to live for but NO ONE checked in is terrifying

• Heart
  • Sad
I remember watching this film and it’s never left me…. Just so sad that she seemed like a normal, working woman, if I recall she had family but mustn’t have been very close but were on speaking terms, she was wrapping presents around the time she died? to have no one check in on her in all that time is just bleak. (Correct me if I’ve got facts wrong anyone)
---

You’ve found the words I couldn’t to describe this… the knowledge there was something there to live for but NO ONE checked in is terrifying

Yeah it's so sad she seemed like a nice woman just preparing presents for Christmas like that :cry: It's a good idea to always check in on people I agree.. even if they're depressed and want to be left alone they will appreciate it even though they may not show it❤

It’s a while since I read about her case but I thought because she had become estranged from her family she was wrapping/had wrapped presents as she was going to surprise them or try and reunite with them over Christmas. That’s why no one checked in on her because they weren’t in contact and didn’t know things were amiss.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
It’s a while since I read about her case but I thought because she had become estranged from her family she was wrapping/had wrapped presents as she was going to surprise them or try and reunite with them over Christmas. That’s why no one checked in on her because they weren’t in contact and didn’t know things were amiss.

Yeah I couldn't really figure out who the presents were for if she was seemingly all alone most of the time...Beyond sad! Imagine how those people felt when they found out after the fact 🤦‍♀️ :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Aw I never caught that detail… even sadder

• Sad
'Mystery as priest arrives for service at one of London's most historic churches only to find the mourners are actors, the coffin is empty, the dead man might not be - and the whole thing 'was organised by a paedophile'

• Wow
Reactions: 6
'Mystery as priest arrives for service at one of London's most historic churches only to find the mourners are actors, the coffin is empty, the dead man might not be - and the whole thing 'was organised by a paedophile'

So odd. For a film? Someone faking their death?

'Peter Ivers' was a music producer who composed music for the creepy David Lynch film 'Eraserhead' but this may not be fascinating in itself except when you learn a few years later he would be bludgeoned to death in his apartment with a hammer. The most eerie details are that he was asleep when this happened and his murderer has never been found:

• Sad
'Peter Ivers' was a music producer who composed music for the creepy David Lynch film 'Eraserhead' but this may not be fascinating in itself except when you learn a few years later he would be bludgeoned to death in his apartment with a hammer. The most eerie details are that he was asleep when this happened and his murderer has never been found:

I have always found hammer attacks to be a particularly disturbing sub genre of murder. That poor guy.

There is a new article on this. They've named him now, and apparently he's pulled similar stunts before

• Wow