Steve’s family vlogs #2 Always in a lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Lacey just wants her own space, why don’t they just give Lacey Sophie’s room…it’s not fair for her having autism having to deal with loudness etc from a younger child (I know Chloe is a lovely kid but it’s just how most kids are) in her safe space/place she uses to wind down.

Reactions: 4
So Chloe isn't allowed a snack at school because they don't pack her any fruit in her lunch box.

That must be really embarrassing for Chloe having to watch her classmates having snack whilst she isn't allowed anything. Chloe has clearly gone to get a chocolate bar out of her lunch box and been told she can only have fruit judging by what she said. No a fruit winder is not real fruit...

I am shocked that they pack chocolate in her lunch because most schools don't actually allow it. We have all seen Chloe eat things like watermelon and apples before so there really isn't an excuse for not putting fruit in her lunch box. Steve didn't even reassure her and tell her he would put some in.

I still think that Sophie and Lacey should be sharing a bedroom, even if the room is divided. It isn't fair on the older girls to share a room with Chloe because she is up all night messing around and she should have a much earlier bedtime. Why would you put a 6 and nearly 12 year together in a room when you can put a 14 and nearly 12 year old together. It makes no sense.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Soph and Lacey used to share in old house. They should split Lacey room in half and make them share.

Reactions: 4
Sophie’s nearly 15 though, she doesn’t want to be sharing with either of her younger sisters.

Lacey spends half the night in Steve’s bed anyway so I wouldn’t be rearranging the house just for the sake of her bedroom

You can get the little fruit snack bags from aldi for like 39p. All supermarkets have them and they go to each supermarket a day so no excuse really.

Reactions: 3
How can you just not give your kid fruit? They're just so thick and they've had kids long enough to know that you can't just whip out a chocolate bar or crisps in the afternoon, it has to be healthy. I'm sure she'd be allowed some cucumber or a few tomatoes if she isn't a fruit person. Even raisins. I know I much prefer to snack on veg and then get my fruit via smoothies rather than eat an apple or banana. I've never seen any of the kids at the nursery I work at have chocolate in their lunchboxes. They'll have crisps and yoghurt and maybe some mini biscuits but never a bar of chocolate. Chocolate was never a daily occurence for me as a child.

Reactions: 6
Can't believe Steve's response to Chloe saying you're only allowed fruit was "but I thought you had a fruit winder" - seriously?

I think Sophie and Lacey should have been sharing a room, they're much closer in age so makes more sense than Lacey and Chloe sharing. They don't have enough rooms for every child to have their own room, so the logical thing would have been the 2 older girls sharing. They're at similar stages of life and one of Lacey's complaints has previously been the mess with all Chloe's toys. If Lacey and Sophie shared, there wouldn't be any toys. At the same time, Chloe is only young and entitled to have her toys out so again, if she had her own room, it wouldn't be an issue. I wonder what made them choose that arrangement? Maybe Sophie wanting her own room and the parents inability to say no?!

Reactions: 8
Can't believe Steve's response to Chloe saying you're only allowed fruit was "but I thought you had a fruit winder" - seriously?

I think Sophie and Lacey should have been sharing a room, they're much closer in age so makes more sense than Lacey and Chloe sharing. They don't have enough rooms for every child to have their own room, so the logical thing would have been the 2 older girls sharing. They're at similar stages of life and one of Lacey's complaints has previously been the mess with all Chloe's toys. If Lacey and Sophie shared, there wouldn't be any toys. At the same time, Chloe is only young and entitled to have her toys out so again, if she had her own room, it wouldn't be an issue. I wonder what made them choose that arrangement? Maybe Sophie wanting her own room and the parents inability to say no?!
I think you’re right about the room. Sophie probably got it cause she’s the eldest. But still poor Lacey will start to really feel stressed when she gets a little older and starts her teenage years. She will want alone time to unwind especially with her learning difference. I really hope they do something more than just put up a divider cause she will still have to share really.

Reactions: 2
Its just hard because there's arguments for each of the girls to have their own room but there just isn't enough space. They just need to split the big bedroom down the middle at this point. There's no way Sophie will sacrifice her room for anyone and tbh I don't blame her after all these years. Its not her fault her parents didn't think about the massive age gap between Lacey and Chloe years ago.

Reactions: 3
It's not a huge gap really. I shared with my 6 years older sister until I left home with nothing more than the very occasional squabble lol I do think they need to be stricter though. Winding down before bed. No devices or TV for a while beforehand. Read instead if they want. Chloe needs to be told to keep the room tidy. I can hardly believe the amount of bin bags they fill when giving their rooms a clear out! No sweet drinks or food in their bedrooms. Leave them water incase they're thirsty. Chloe especially is often seen asleep with her tablet by her head when Steve goes in to wake her in the morning. You think they'd check on her and take it off her before going to their own beds! She's obviously being left to do as she pleases. She could be on it in the middle of the night for all they know.
I've had 4 children, with a 12 year gap between my eldest and youngest ones, 2 of whom are autistic, in a 2 bedroom house for 5 years, and they managed to share and get sleep and not kill each other in the process. I'm not strict by any means but you've got to start as you mean to go on. Children need some boundaries and I don't think Steve and Rachael's have enough tbh.

Says I, on my phone at 3.30am 😄 I've a stinking cold and can't sleep, plus I'm an adult lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Does anyone else think it’s ironic that Chloe won the award for best healthy food art, I think the aim was to promote healthy eating!!

I can’t believe the rubbish that goes into the lunch boxes, then when they get home it’s all junk again, no fresh veggies or fruit! Boggles my mind!

Reactions: 10
There are loads of siblings out there who share bedrooms and things work out just fine. However Steve and Rachel have caused the problems relating to Lacey and Chloe sharing a room.

If Chloe had an actual bedtime routine where they settled her down for the night and made sure that she was actually asleep without any devices, T.V or lights on then Lacey would be able to relax and settle in her bedroom at night because Chloe would already be asleep.

If they made sure that Chloe tidied up her toys each night which she is more than capable of doing then Lacey wouldn't have to deal with the mess and tidy it herself.

It isn't fair that Lacey is kept awake by Chloe's behaviour, perhaps that is why she gets in her parents bed.

Reactions: 12
I agree the age gap with Lacey and Chloe isn't massive and realistically there's nothing wrong with sharing a room if that was the only option. I just think there was a better alternative with Sophie and Lacey sharing. They're closer in age, at a similar stage in life with grown out of toys etc. I don't necessarily think Sophie is entitled to her own room just because of her age, it very unlikely Lacey and probably even Chloe will have that same luxury at that age either so if it's good enough for Lacey then it's good enough for Sophie. It's obviously different now that Sophie has had her own room for a few years and it wouldn't be fair to change it all now, I just don't understand why they didn't do that from when they moved into that house. Chloe was just coming up for 2 years old and Lacey would have been almost 8 when they moved there, Sophie would have been almost 11, so makes more sense even back then for an 8 & 11 year old to share and a 2 year old in the smaller room.

To clarify though, I have no issue with children sharing a room! I shared with my sister until I moved out of home! I just think the way Steve and Rache have done it is odd.

Hopefully they do a decent job of dividing the room and will give Lacey the space for herself that she wants.

I had to laugh when he tried to justify not having Lacey doing any schoolwork on a day they go shopping - trying to say it’s okay cause they get her to “look at things” whilst out. What’s the point in lying, it just makes you look silly.

• Haha

Personally I think the oldest is better having their own room. Sophie needs somewhere quiet to do her homework and revision for GCSEs and it’s important for a teenager to have their own space. I know that doesn’t make it great for Lacey tho bless her.

Reactions: 1
I had to laugh when he tried to justify not having Lacey doing any schoolwork on a day they go shopping - trying to say it’s okay cause they get her to “look at things” whilst out. What’s the point in lying, it just makes you look silly.
Yeah I laughed at that too. We ask her things he said . What things pass me the toffee nuts Lacey? He seems to think it’s part of her education as it’s a life lesson. Well she spends a 1/5 of her weekly education shopping I’m sure she has aced that class by now.

• Haha
That was just ridiculous!
And I couldn't get over none of them, and especially Val, were not wearing masks when out shopping, considering Bill. I know it's not a requirement in England, but I know if I was living with a vulnerable person then you can be sure I'd be wearing one.

Reactions: 5
So you get the same type of education wandering around a supermarket as you do in school? Why is steve still as thick as s**t then with the amount of shopping he does. 😅

• Haha
I don't know what Steve is talking about saying Lacey doesn't do school work on shop day. She doesn't do school work on any day of the week.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.