Steve’s family vlogs #2 Always in a lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And as for Lacey helping clean, saying it's a life skill...I think it's more cheap labour for him lol And for him to say she was doing it properly using both hands for the mop and hoover, unlike her mum who only uses the one. If I were Rachael I'd be making him wear the mop bucket for that! I don't know about anyone else but I don't need 2 hands to mop or hoover lol

Reactions: 6
And as for Lacey helping clean, saying it's a life skill...I think it's more cheap labour for him lol And for him to say she was doing it properly using both hands for the mop and hoover, unlike her mum who only uses the one. If I were Rachael I'd be making him wear the mop bucket for that! I don't know about anyone else but I don't need 2 hands to mop or hoover lol
The cheek of him making a dig at Rache’s cleaning skills as if she doesn’t get up at the crack of dawn and get home late to clean so he can sit on his arse all day. Think she’s a bit more skilled in that department then Steve ‘can’t be arsed to do my only task of spending 10 minutes cleaning the bathroom today’ Vickers.

Reactions: 7
I bet he's just making it up about learning when they're out. He didn't really seem to know what he was saying - "we get her to look at little bits" and "ask her little questions", so condescending! She's almost 12, not 2!! But lets face it, he vlogs the most random stuff when out shopping, films himself putting stuff in the trolley etc but yet not once has he filmed any of this education they've done with Lacey when at the shops? That seems like the kind of thing you'd film. Lacey looks bored out her skull when she's walking around the shops. There's no reason Lacey has to miss a day schooling because they're shopping. Do it in the afternoon, or before dinner or have a longer day another day. Plenty options.

Reactions: 9
I bet he's just making it up about learning when they're out. He didn't really seem to know what he was saying - "we get her to look at little bits" and "ask her little questions", so condescending! She's almost 12, not 2!! But lets face it, he vlogs the most random stuff when out shopping, films himself putting stuff in the trolley etc but yet not once has he filmed any of this education they've done with Lacey when at the shops? That seems like the kind of thing you'd film. Lacey looks bored out her skull when she's walking around the shops. There's no reason Lacey has to miss a day schooling because they're shopping. Do it in the afternoon, or before dinner or have a longer day another day. Plenty options.
Or are they using her laptop to do the online shop? 🤔🥴

Reactions: 1
They could even take Lacey’s schooling stuff with them and Lacey and Steve could work on it together in the car while Val and Rache do the shopping(considering he hates shopping)

Reactions: 4
Steve should not be worrying about teaching Lacey how to mop the floor as part of 'Life skills'. He should be focusing on all the life skills she is missing out on not being in school.

They talk about how going shopping is a massive life skill but who actually cares? She is 11 years old! The only thing Steve does is go shopping so of course he is going to make it just as important for Lacey. It's not like they are a healthy family who are teaching her about healthy eating and trying new foods and teaching her to cook, they live on rubbish.

Instead of going shopping every Wednesday they could get an online delivery and go to a soft play, swimming, library, museum or any other activity or club. That would be so much more beneficial than walking around the shops bored and miserable.

They should be focusing on getting her out of the house as much as possible and joining home school groups.

Building friendships is so important and I think its really sad that Lacey isn't given the opportunity to make any.

Reactions: 10
I can’t believe how many Iceland shops they do on top of weekly food shops, B&m rubbish etc etc etc One if their Iceland food shops would last us a month or more! They eat so much rubbish

I find it very odd how they don't seem to actually eat much 'normal' food.

Lunch is normally things like sausage rolls, pies, pasties and pot noodles, all washed down with fizzy drinks. Which is fine sometimes. However what about an actual sandwich? or crackers, wrap, bagel, pitta bread..... Fruit....

Eating things like pizza pockets, crisps, chocolate and sweets for breakfast is very weird to me as well. Or perhaps that is completely normal and I am the odd one eating toast, crumpets, fruit, yogurt ect.. Maybe everyone eats that kind of stuff for breakfast :confused:

Eating pizza pockets for breakfast is awful I think. Surely a life skill should be teaching her about suitable breakfast foods and how to prepare them herself. But no, stick a pizza pocket in the microwave and call that breakfast, yet has the cheek to mock Liam's school for making a fruit salad, which at least he prepared himself 🙄

I know nobody is perfect and I would assume a lot of people like a fizzy drink or some junk food sometimes, but they're excessive. Those massive crates of fizzy drinks which they seem to buy every week and all that junk food is a bit much. I don't even know when we last saw any fruit in their food hauls? And there's limited vegetables as well.

I really think Steve is showing early signs of Diabetes when he speaks about feeling funny and getting the shakes even when he’s not hungry. Surely that would make you want to get seen as soon as possible by your GP as what will he do if he suddenly feels unwell whilst driving? It could be really dangerous.

Reactions: 5
Gone Christmas shopping out of town. Left in the morning, didn't get home until dark, and all children left by themselves. That's worse than their usual going grocery shopping and leaving them. What if there was an emergency with any of them and they were miles from home? We've seen the children fight amongst themselves before, who's to say they wouldn't do it when mum and dad weren't there.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Gone Christmas shopping out of town. Left in the morning, didn't get home until dark, and all children left by themselves. That's worse than their usual going grocery shopping and leaving them. What if there was an emergency with any of them and they were miles from home? We've seen the children fight amongst themselves before, who's to say they wouldn't do it when mum and dad weren't there.
I’ve not watched the latest vlog yet but you can’t be serious?!?! They actually left them on their own? Poor Sophie, I bet if anything had happened like the kids broke something Sophie would get blamed for not keeping an eye on them!!:eek:

I’ve not watched the latest vlog yet but you can’t be serious?!?! They actually left them on their own? Poor Sophie, I bet if anything had happened like the kids broke something Sophie would get blamed for not keeping an eye on them!!:eek:
It's right enough. Surely they could've taken Val over to their house to sit with them. Fair enough leaving Sophie on her own as she's old enough, but not the other 3. And not to leave Sophie in charge of them all!

Reactions: 3
Just watched the vlog, couldn’t believe how long they where out with the kids at home on their own. Surely that can’t be normal to leave 4 kids aged 14 and under at home alone for that long?! They where out from at least 9.30 am as he showed the time in the car at the first shop. So must have left before 9.30. They went to val and bills before going home as well and it was dark when they got home. The time on val and bills clock looked like it said it was just after 5pm. That could be wrong though.

Probably a waste of money buying so much stuff anyway. I have no problem with how people choose to do Christmas, big or small etc, but Steve and Rache go for these massive piles of presents filled out with toys and board games and none of it gets played with. They’d be better off buying them gift cards for their games! Don’t think we’ve seen Chloe play with any of her birthday presents. She’s back to being glued to the iPad.

I wonder if they’ll take Chloe to see Santa. They usually go early November I’m sure but haven’t been yet.

That’s a big fat joke wtf how are they not worried all day with their 6 year old being looked after by their 14 year old who isn’t particularly mature (not that a 14 year old should be, she’s a child!). I was close to 16 when my parents started leaving me home alone and that only started off with them going for evening walks without me, not all day xmas shopping trips! I don’t have any siblings either - I doubt they’d have ever left a 6 year old brother or sister with me at that age. My mum still likes me to keep in touch throughout the day as an adult! I hate to think of Sophie having to live with guilt if something horrible happened. I’d say she’s definitely old enough to go into town with her friends or to the local offy but not old enough to be responsible for three siblings. And surely she should be out with friends on a Saturday anyway, not playing babysitter for probably nothing in return.

The present buying is gonna be ridiculous again this year. They would be better off giving them money and a few presents instead. That way they won’t end up having to clear out later on in the year.

Correct me if I’m wrong but won’t they be entitled to a bigger house when the twins are older? Or they could get a bigger size house due too laceys autism (I know it’s an option as I was offered a 3 bed due to my husband having a kid from a previous marriage and my son is autistic they’re the same sex).

In terms of dla, carers and UC disability allowance they’ll be getting £500+ just in benefits for Lacey but winds me up as that’s meant for the kid who it’s entitled I see it as so I save all my sons DLA, carers allowance

Take them out on days out instead of getting all the crap. They buy just for the sake of buying. I'd say it's quantity over quality but they buy the big, expensive stuff as well. It's really quite obscene the amount they get. Buy a few gifts for a toy bank/charity instead. You won't miss it out of the mountain you do buy,cand neither will your children.

Correct me if I’m wrong but won’t they be entitled to a bigger house when the twins are older? Or they could get a bigger size house due too laceys autism (I know it’s an option as I was offered a 3 bed due to my husband having a kid from a previous marriage and my son is autistic they’re the same sex).

In terms of dla, carers and UC disability allowance they’ll be getting £500+ just in benefits for Lacey but winds me up as that’s meant for the kid who it’s entitled I see it as so I save all my sons DLA, carers allowance
I doubt there are many 5 bedroom houses to rent. They'd probably be told that Sophie and Chloe could share anyway.

Reactions: 2

They would possibly be entitled to a bigger house but I think they’d probably struggle to find a 5 bed house.

I agree to an extent about the DLA being for the child, which it is, but carers is a (pitiful) wage for the carer which Steve is entitled to use as household money. Same with tax credits/UC. I don’t save my son’s, we get the motability car which is essential for him and the rest is used as needed for my son. Of course his needs vary all the time and he does also get money solely to spend as he wishes on his special interests because it makes him happy. I do agree though that it doesn’t appear Lacey gets anything extra from her money. Unless they’re counting pizza pockets 🤣

Reactions: 3
They would possibly be entitled to a bigger house but I think they’d probably struggle to find a 5 bed house.

I agree to an extent about the DLA being for the child, which it is, but carers is a (pitiful) wage for the carer which Steve is entitled to use as household money. Same with tax credits/UC. I don’t save my son’s, we get the motability car which is essential for him and the rest is used as needed for my son. Of course his needs vary all the time and he does also get money solely to spend as he wishes on his special interests because it makes him happy. I do agree though that it doesn’t appear Lacey gets anything extra from her money. Unless they’re counting pizza pockets 🤣
Pizza pockets😩😂I do use some of the carers when or if I need too, I’m the same as you we have a mobility car for my son and it’s his essential! But I’ll use my sons dla to book a day out for him from time to time then the rest goes into a savings pot for him. He’s only 4 though so doesn’t really demand a lot - yet😂

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.