Steve’s family vlogs #2 Always in a lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
and tiny has now put he’s single in his bio. Poor girl He’s moving on quickly. they hardly seen each other but I’m sure they texted all the time

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Steve did say he told Sophie to let him know late the night before he was due to come. I can imagine why he was upset he would have had his bags all packed no doubt. Maybe his parents had planned stuff too thinking he was going to be away. First love hurts so bad as well feel so bad for her .

Reactions: 1
I cant imagine Steve cancelling him staying would have had anything to do with them breaking up.

I think its more possible that Steve noticed or sensed that something wasn't right between them and decided it was best that he didn't stay over.

I thought it was a bit odd that he cancelled the visit in the first place. He never cancels her friends coming over, even when he is ill, they always put the kids first. Considering that he only ever comes during half-term I would have thought that he would let him stay as it would have been an opportunity to see each other before going back to school.

Reactions: 2
Steve is deleting comments about people saying Sophie and Tiny over
That is the last thing Sophie needs!

Considering the children often watch and comment on the videos I am surprised that the comments on his channel never got disabled.

Most other family channels got theirs turned off.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if he decided to moderate or turn the comments off.

This is the second time Steve has cancelled Tiny coming to visit last minute. It’s probably annoying being messed around like that. Maybe that was partly the reason they broke up. Maybe Tiny has realised long distance at a young age isn’t for him. Sad for Sophie as she obviously really liked him. Steve shouldn’t have really mentioned it in the vlog about Sophie being sad and trying to be all cryptic with “you’ve still got mum and dad” and then maybe people wouldn’t be speculating in the comments. However Sophie edited that vlog and left it in so she must be ok with it being included.

Reactions: 10
Steve’s response to people asking about Sophie is simply “teenage years”. Well I think it’s more than that it shouldn’t be being downplayed. When you go through something for the first time you should feel supported and taken seriously no matter how minor it may seem as an adult. I know looking back the things I went through as a teenager were extremely minor things but at the time it really felt like the world was ending.

Sophie needs to feel like she is taken seriously and not brushed off - they need to be patient and allow her time to go through it not push her to be okay again. Unless she keeps dwelling on it for months and months with nothing changing they need to give her time.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Steve’s response to people asking about Sophie is simply “teenage years”. Well I think it’s more than that it shouldn’t be being downplayed. When you go through something for the first time you should feel supported and taken seriously no matter how minor it may seem as an adult. I know looking back the things I went through as a teenager were extremely minor things but at the time it really felt like the world was ending.

Sophie needs to feel like she is taken seriously and not brushed off - they need to be patient and allow her time to go through it not push her to be okay again. Unless she keeps dwelling on it for months and months with nothing changing they need to give her time.
spot on !! 🙌🙌

• Heart
I really do feel sorry for Sophie.

I know that they chose to include the footage of Steve telling her that she still has her friends and family which made it obvious that she had split up with her boyfriend but having her life documented like that for everyone to see must be difficult sometimes.

Liam and Lacey have both said that children at school have spoken about the vlogs so I don't doubt that Sophie has had to deal with people asking questions as well. Could that be why Lacey was so nervous at school?

It makes me think is that part of the reason the children hate school so much? Could you imagine going into school knowing that your classmates are watching the videos. Most of the videos are just normal family life but they seem rather open with what they share and there have been a few times where I have thought 'That could really embarrass the children'.

I would not want to go to school knowing that my dad had told everyone I had had a tantrum ect. I think some things should be kept private.

Also if we can pick up on things like the dogs not being walked ect then other people are going to pick up on that as well.

Steve is unemployed, he is in his own little bubble. The children are the ones at school mixing with hundreds of different people, I can understand why Sophie sometimes doesn't want to be filmed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I would not want to go to school knowing that my dad had told everyone I had had a tantrum ect. I think some things should be kept private.
This is so true, I hadn’t even thought of it like that. Just the little things he mentions about the kids that seem fine at face value, I probably wouldn’t have wanted my friends and classmates knowing like that I’d swore at my parents or kicked off over not liking dinner.

• Sad
All so true!!! My first break up I was sobbing for ages. Last thing you want is to get filmed. Kids at school defo watching and mentioning things

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I think the majority of the vlogs are fine but there have definitely been situations where he has shared things that we didn't need to know about.

Could you imagine how Sophie felt having to face everyone at school the day after Steve told us what happened online with the pictures of her and Chloe?
Or how Liam felt after Steve told us he beat up Lacey?
Or how Lacey felt after Steve had told us she had another tantrum over something?

Walking into school knowing that students and possibly teachers are aware of those things must be so embarrassing.

Those are the sort of things that other children are going to notice and possible question the kids about.

Remember when Sophie was getting bullied at school and Steve kept mentioning it. The bullies were defo watching it

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Remember when Sophie was getting bullied at school and Steve kept mentioning it. The bullies were defo watching it
They could of been.

If they were watching all they would of seen was how much they were upsetting and worrying Sophie which would have just made the situation worse.

If he would have simply said that there was an issue and they were going into the school to deal with it, it possibly would have been resolved sooner but he kept going on about it.

I don't understand why Rachel never spoke to someone, she works at the school.

I think the majority of the vlogs are fine but there have definitely been situations where he has shared things that we didn't need to know about.

Could you imagine how Sophie felt having to face everyone at school the day after Steve told us what happened online with the pictures of her and Chloe?
Or how Liam felt after Steve told us he beat up Lacey?
Or how Lacey felt after Steve had told us she had another tantrum over something?

Walking into school knowing that students and possibly teachers are aware of those things must be so embarrassing.

Those are the sort of things that other children are going to notice and possible question the kids about.
The children often said on video that they didn't like their teachers, and Steve often said they had issues with the school, while Liam and Lacey were still going there. That's not very wise to put on social media.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.