Steve’s family vlogs #2 Always in a lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rachel does work hard.

She is up in the early hours of the morning, then goes back in the afternoon; added up her hours are probably full time.

I honestly don't understand how she manages to get enough sleep when the children are messing about waking everyone up in the middle of the night though.

They moan so much about the children's lack of sleep yet do nothing about it. They can see that the children are waking up late, grumpy and upset because they are not sleeping enough yet wont take the devices away which probably doesn't help the situation.

There is nothing wrong with being a stay at home dad. No one ever questions a stay at home mum but for some reason everyone questions it when its the other way around. If Rachel going to work and Steve staying a home works for them then I don't see what the problem is. However I do think there is a lack of balance and time management.

Instead of all of these trips to the shop they could do an online shop and dedicate the morning to focusing on Lacey's home school and taking the dogs on a walk. Steve could also prepare dinner after taking Rachel to work in the afternoon.

They could do things to help each other and make life easier.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Exactly there is nothing wrong with being a stay at home parent at all. But if I was a stay at home parent I would do all the housework or most of it . It would be different if Steve was looking after a small baby . But he isn’t. It’s down to Rache to sort out all the shopping when they order online . Sort all the clothes Etc etc . He literally sits with a toffee nut on his arse waiting on her finishing work so they can crack on with the housework. Rache seems to work fulltime and then do half the housework with Steve. He is lazy.

Reactions: 2
Yeah there is no doubt Rache works hard. Steve is the lazy one. Rache does her job but also does just as much housework and cooking, if not more! I still think they’re both lazy when it comes to the kids though with letting them away with things. Although in that 3 day vlog, Steve said he needed to clean out Lacey’s hamster and Rache said in the background to make them do it themselves. But with things like bedtime and devices, Rache is just as responsible for getting them to bed at a reasonable time. They let the kids away with so much just because it’s easier.

There’s absolutely no reason why Steve can’t be out walking the dogs. Also, with exception of 1 week on holiday, they’ve done nothing with the kids in terms of going somewhere - not even a trip to a park. I feel Chloe especially misses out. Maybe they don’t go to parks often because the other kids aren’t interested, but that’s not fair on Chloe.

Reactions: 8
Milo looks massive. the kids don’t sleep at night because they’ve done nothing all day. the kids lots of activities on holiday should do some while at home. Soph should be out seeing her friends be a normal teen.

Reactions: 4
The vlog the other day the kids were arguing and he said I’m taking nothing to do with it🤨 I mean it’s not as if he is the parent.He even asked Lacey what time Chloe went to bed. Do him and Rache just go to bed and sleep and leave them too it. I don’t understand why he hasn’t taken them out to a local swimming pool or to a park either. It’s like the week away was the Highlight of the summer and now he thinks his job is done and 24/7 staying in the house the rest of the holidays . He was talking like the holidays are over here when there is still two week left.

Reactions: 5
The vlog the other day the kids were arguing and he said I’m taking nothing to do with it🤨 I mean it’s not as if he is the parent.He even asked Lacey what time Chloe went to bed. Do him and Rache just go to bed and sleep and leave them too it. I don’t understand why he hasn’t taken them out to a local swimming pool or to a park either. It’s like the week away was the Highlight of the summer and now he thinks his job is done and 24/7 staying in the house the rest of the holidays . He was talking like the holidays are over here when there is still two week left.
I think that's exactly what they do, they leave them to it.

They will take Chloe to her bed and in the next clip she will be playing video games with Liam. They know she is there but they never take her back to bed. I don't know how they can settle and go to sleep knowing that there children are still awake and wondering around the house, especially a 5 year old!

I have always wondered why they don't do anything during the holidays or even on the weekends during term time.

Steve said that if he would have told the children they were going for a day out they would have all got ready sooner or something like that and they all agreed! So the children clearly like doing fun things. They could all go swimming for under £20.

Reactions: 5
They must be a bit financially better off too. Dunno how they manage to pull such extravagant gifts out of the bag at christmas but fair play.
I've seen them sell really expensive phones on ebay. No idea where they get them from. Not seen any for ages though, not since Steve got scammed and I think ebay sided with the buyer.

• Wow
I've seen them sell really expensive phones on ebay. No idea where they get them from. Not seen any for ages though, not since Steve got scammed and I think ebay sided with the buyer.
Didn't he used to buy broken phones and ipads and that and then refurbish them or am I making that up? 😂

• Wow
I agree with what a lot of what you are saying about them not getting out to the park or swimming or just for a walk. I think it was a mistake getting rid of the trampoline as that would have given the kids at least some kind of exercise (unless they didn’t use it?)
I will feel bad for the guinea pigs as I know scruff will terrorize them, I’m almost positive he ate Soph’s hamster 😞

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Didn't he used to buy broken phones and ipads and that and then refurbish them or am I making that up? 😂
Could be. These didn't say refurbished though, they looked like new.
Not seen any for a while though. The last expensive thing they sold was a camera, but it said it was used. The phones they sold were usually more expensive than this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I agree with what a lot of what you are saying about them not getting out to the park or swimming or just for a walk. I think it was a mistake getting rid of the trampoline as that would have given the kids at least some kind of exercise (unless they didn’t use it?)
I will feel bad for the guinea pigs as I know scruff will terrorize them, I’m almost positive he ate Soph’s hamster 😞
I think the dog killed it too or the kids were messing about and dropped it or something .

Could be. These didn't say refurbished though, they looked like new.
Not seen any for a while though. The last expensive thing they sold was a camera, but it said it was used. The phones they sold were usually more expensive than this.
Love how long winded the item description is - you can definitely tell Steve wrote that😂😂

Love how long winded the item description is - you can definitely tell Steve wrote that😂😂
I wonder if he is paying taxes on all his YouTube money and all this selling one ebay . It’s clearly selling as a business and not personal sell .

I really do think Val and Bill help out at Christmas a lot and that’s why they are able to afford the iPad for Chloe and phones for the others etc. Plus as someone else said they use the voucher scheme too. I did notice Steve used to say a lot they were going to the post office to send a parcel so they have definitely been selling things? Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t declare income from eBay I’m not sure how quickly HMRC can pick that up?

I think it would have been better if they just addressed the situation when Sophie's hamster died. All it has done is left everyone wondering what happened and because of Scruff's behaviour towards other animals everyone is just presuming that he had something to do with it. Which is understandable.

I really hope it didn't have anything to do with him. His behaviour does seem a bit unpredictable and he is always growling at them. We have even seen him growling at the children.

It makes you wonder if given the chance and one of the hamsters was within reach or even a guinea pig would he actually go for them? Or is his behaviour just pure excitement.

Reactions: 6
I think Rach could still walk the dogs, even though she works! Steve is also on the tea now, so he has been reading all the toffee nut comments!

• Haha
I love those Nescafé chocolate mocha sachets as a treat but idk how they have those kinds of drinks as their main source of hot drink. I’d never have more than one a day and it wouldn’t be every day. No wonder they’re always groggy and sluggish, must constantly be on sugar come downs from no water.

A 5 year old going to sleep at 2am 🤯🤯🤯
I remember the first time I stayed up past midnight as a child because it was a one-off for a big family party… how this is a nightly thing for Chloe is beyond me lol. Literally no bedtime story or anything. They just expect her to be programmed to sleep at 8pm despite all the noise and lights from the rest of the house.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.