Steve’s family vlogs #2 Always in a lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i don’t think I’ve ever heard of him taking scruff to the vet for yearly jabs or check ups . Or even getting mediation for flea and worms . They are terrible pet owners .

Reactions: 4
There'll be a rabbit by christmas. Wouldn't be surprised if they get another dog in the next year or two either.

Reactions: 3
Guinea pigs also need fresh vegetables daily, but they don't even give their kids any vegetables. Vegetables are supposed to be the main part of a guinea pigs diet, so will be interesting to see if they do that or it they end up just giving them dry food. They really are a lot of work and we've seen how lazy they are. They require a lot more care than hamsters.

Reactions: 6
Guinea pigs make lovely little pets. We currently have 4 sows but altogether we have had 9 piggy's.

I really hope they have done their research because Guinea pigs are very high maintenance and cost a lot more money to look after than people think.

Our pigs live indoors and are rather spoilt but we spend a couple of hundred pounds a month on them which covers their pellets, hay, 2 different types of dry food, beds, tunnels, toys and fresh fruit and veg and that doesn't even cover any vet bills which can be very expensive!

We have to do two guinea pig fruit and veg top ups every week. We have just got 4 packets of Romaine lettuce, 2 cucumbers, 4 peppers, a bag of carrots and a bag of apples. That will only last them half the week and that doesn't include the fruit/veg and salad that they have when we eat it; if we are having broccoli they will have the stalk ect because they start squeaking when they hear us chopping anything!

The main concern I would have would be scruff. The dogs are not walked and spend a lot of time in the garden. Scruff is probably going to spend the whole time trying to get to them which really isn't fair on them.

The other thing is the children lose interest in the pets very easily and guinea pigs have a long life-span which can be between 4-8 years however our oldest piggy lived until she was 11!

They will also need to cover the basics like handling them everyday and making sure that there is nothing stuck in their eyes, nose, ears and private bits as well as cutting their nails, brushing and grooming if they are long haired and the occasional bath.

Reactions: 10
Guinea pigs make lovely little pets. We currently have 4 sows but altogether we have had 9 piggy's.

I really hope they have done their research because Guinea pigs are very high maintenance and cost a lot more money to look after than people think.

Our pigs live indoors and are rather spoilt but we spend a couple of hundred pounds a month on them which covers their pellets, hay, 2 different types of dry food, beds, tunnels, toys and fresh fruit and veg and that doesn't even cover any vet bills which can be very expensive!

We have to do two guinea pig fruit and veg top ups every week. We have just got 4 packets of Romaine lettuce, 2 cucumbers, 4 peppers, a bag of carrots and a bag of apples. That will only last them half the week and that doesn't include the fruit/veg and salad that they have when we eat it; if we are having broccoli they will have the stalk ect because they start squeaking when they hear us chopping anything!

The main concern I would have would be scruff. The dogs are not walked and spend a lot of time in the garden. Scruff is probably going to spend the whole time trying to get to them which really isn't fair on them.

The other thing is the children lose interest in the pets very easily and guinea pigs have a long life-span which can be between 4-8 years however our oldest piggy lived until she was 11!

They will also need to cover the basics like handling them everyday and making sure that there is nothing stuck in their eyes, nose, ears and private bits as well as cutting their nails, brushing and grooming if they are long haired and the occasional bath.
Your babies sound like they're living a life of luxury but I'm predicting it'll be a disaster waiting to happen for this family as nothing is ever worth high maintenance for them.

Guinea pigs also need fresh vegetables daily, but they don't even give their kids any vegetables. Vegetables are supposed to be the main part of a guinea pigs diet, so will be interesting to see if they do that or it they end up just giving them dry food. They really are a lot of work and we've seen how lazy they are. They require a lot more care than hamsters.
After a few days it will all be left to Steve to clean and look after them. He will definitely need some extra toffee nuts! Rach will catch up on the soaps!

• Sad
After a few days it will all be left to Steve to clean and look after them. He will definitely need some extra toffee nuts! Rach will catch up on the soaps!
To be fair to her she does work. If I was a stay at home parent I would expect to do all the housework while the other person was at work. Especially with none of them being babies.

To be fair to her she does work. If I was a stay at home parent I would expect to do all the housework while the other person was at work. Especially with none of them being babies.
She does work but Rach could at least walk the dogs as she is not working all day!

Reactions: 1
She does work but Rach could at least walk the dogs as she is not working all day!
I guess she could with the few hours she has off between her jobs. But she is normally out doing the shopping or the laundry . All things Steve could be doing himself.

I guess she could with the few hours she has off between her jobs. But she is normally out doing the shopping or the laundry . All things Steve could be doing himself.
I have said this before Rach seems to do an awful lot in-between and after work. While Steve is there all day and does very little. The times when they do a big clean is aways when Rach is there.

Reactions: 8
I have said this before Rach seems to do an awful lot in-between and after work. While Steve is there all day and does very little. The times when they do a big clean is aways when Rach is there.
He literally sits and waits on her coming home before he starts . I think the only thing he does himself all the time is the ironing . We all know how much he moans about that as well. Ive seen him say on vlogs before I will hang the washing out for Rach. As though its her job to do .

Reactions: 10
That is the trouble here, do Steve/Rach really have to go shopping so often in a week? The answer is no! Even in lockdown they were in and out of Tesco taking all the boxes of toffee nuts :cautious:(n)
Stop the shopping and get walking the dogs! And no more animals!

Reactions: 5
I did notice Val seemed a lot quieter on recent vlogs after her health scare. When is all is said and done I’d hate for anything to happen to any of them.

Reactions: 9
I did notice Val seemed a lot quieter on recent vlogs after her health scare. When is all is said and done I’d hate for anything to happen to any of them.
Yeah It’s so sad what they are going through . I cant believe how bloody selfish they were to leave then with two dogs after all they are going through. It was selfish enough a thing to do at the best of the times but now.

I remember when the kids got shoezone or factory shop shoes but now it’s Clark’s! They’ve finally realised the plastic shoes don’t last.

I remember when the kids got shoezone or factory shop shoes but now it’s Clark’s! They’ve finally realised the plastic shoes don’t last.
They must be a bit financially better off too. Dunno how they manage to pull such extravagant gifts out of the bag at christmas but fair play.

His videos always got ads so must make £400 a month from YouTube
If he is claiming carers allowance he can only earn a minimal amount I think. I think it’s about £100 a week .

They must be a bit financially better off too. Dunno how they manage to pull such extravagant gifts out of the bag at christmas but fair play.
I think Val helps out I know she helped them out to buy the car he has now. Also does anyone remember when Steve was borrowing Bills car and then he took them shopping one day.He filled up to car and Bill put it on his card and filled the tank I was shocked . I wonder if Val will pay for Liams entire uniform for starting Secondary like she paid for favourite Sophies when she started. I doubt it .

They do the Christmas saving thing with Park where you save all year and then get vouchers. It’s probably easier for them to save that way. Plus with the extra money they now get for Lacey, they probably save more a week than they did before.

I think val and bill help out with big or unexpected purchases like cars, but I don’t think they’ll be regularly supporting them. Having a child with a disability will have gave them a decent boost in income.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.