Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
To be fair to them they seem to have followed every restriction to the letter. I dont think they cone close to the worst of them

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Londoncailín

VIP Member
Her content is so predictable at this stage. Yet another ‘wait for it’ story featuring Steph in a swimsuit, doing a cringe/awkward walk towards a pool of water.

• Haha

rebremm99

Chatty Member
Yeah, I am irrationally angry that they took one dog and left the other two. I feel like they took the cutest one because it’ll look good on their insta and didn’t give a shit about actually looking out for them.

• Sad

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
She has gone full influencer hun. Using Irish products bare by vogue & Luna by Lisa jordan pfffft give your head a wobble. China’s finest. What happened to her rants on sustainability and ethical work practices?

dontcome@me

VIP Member
They are so lucky to be able to do what they've done, fair enough they are very shrewd and have worked hard as they say, it's just a dream for a lot of people to own a home abroad. I hope she realises how lucky she is! Can you tell I've not left my home county for a year, bitter, moi? 😂
They own a house abroad because it was like €20,000 or so all up. They wouldn’t have a chance of affording a home in London or Dublin etc. I remember her saying they completely cleared out their savings paying for Tim’s surgery after the accident in Bali. They wouldn’t be good candidates for mortgage approval I wouldn’t think.

Meanwhile I’m here in Sydney with a $1.2 million mortgage approval (€765k ish) and still cannot afford to buy any kind of shitty house within 50km of where we live 😩🤯
Italy is looking pretty attractive to
They are savvy in that they have branched out to be able to work fully remotely though and work anywhere in the world which I envy.

• Wow
Reactions: 14

Sweetjezus

For a self-styled travel guru, she has really made a balls of organising this trip. They are burning through money on accommodation which I’m sure is annoying Steph.
This trip really doesn't have the feel of travel about it, more like a not very well planned out multi destination summer holiday.

I can see it being cut short.

• Heart

starryeyed10

VIP Member
Press trips are shite to watch. Give you absolutely no information or tips about what it's like to travel in place. No practical information at all. Just shows a white washed version of a place. Also I heard from a female friend who travelled solo in Turkey that it isn't great as a solo traveller. For example a man who worked on a bus touched her arse. And Steph was on her stories saying it would be great for solo travellers. I've been there myself with a female friend and found the way the men act really unpleasant. Press trips seem to just be about getting cool photos... that's it.

Agelsfa

I'm so surprised she left the house to rot over Winter. I would have thought that they would have paid for someone to come in and at least check on the place, like it doesn't take a genius to figure out that a house will get damp if closed up all Winter. And it's just a small thing but buying houseplants then just leaving them to die? Why not give them away, it just seems so wasteful. The entire house in Italy thing just seems like them playing at being grownups(and failing miserably).

panamana

I'll start by saying that I like Steph's content. But. When she posted that her weight was just above 8st and she was trying to lose 3lb I was horrified. She's 5ft 10 and that's extremely underweight.

• Wow

Elmo67

Loved Steph too! Thought she was super genuine and trusted her travel tips etc. I'd even booked to do her freelancer course. Now I can't stand her! I know Italy really well (i live here) and I 've never seen it look so DULL! Sicily is amazing and she made it look shite. How many times can she show that average view from her house or the town square with a gasp?! Really?! Also super irked me that she 'mentioned' only about the fires in Turkey - Italy has been on fire for weeks and she's obviously oblivious or doesn't give a shit because it doesn't affect her fab life. Road trip and 'something's on fire!' - half the south is on fire you egotistical maniac! Water's off in the summer - yeah, welcome to Italy love! Rant over.

Londoncailín

VIP Member
If she smokes, grand. I’m sure she will ignore and block all the DMs she will inevitably get. What really gets me about Steph, is the constant portrayal of everything being sickeningly perfect. It drains the life out of me.

• Heart
The irony of Steph posting some virtue signaling story about avoiding companies like Boohoo/Nasty Gal et al, whilst simultaneously promoting ''Irish'' (ahem) brands like Luna - whose owner incessantly flogs & is an ambassador for all of those brands. It's laughable and so hypocritical. There is no credibility there whatsoever.

• Heart

Sweetjezus

But today we are on a 500 buck booze cruise....call it whatever you want, it's a booze cruise!

She's lost her way, she could have spent the next 12 months riding out the Pandemic showing everyone a real authentic Italy.

Luckymum

Chatty Member
I agree here. I think that given the circumstances surrounding everything going on, Bali is not a place you want to be in terms of medical when there is a pandemic especially if you have health issues with the language barrier not being good whatsoever. They were the only people who I’ve seen with a following on social media who religiously stick to correct restrictions from the beginning, stuck in KL for weeks and barely able to leave their accommodation at all even for exercise. They have continuously isolated and followed correct guidelines within travelling. While coming home to Ireland for Christmas May have not been the wisest decision, the government had allowed travel home at this point and once it was mentioned and not even fully confirmed Steph had said their trip home would be cancelled.
Totally agree with this, they saw the stress the Bali health system was under well before any pandemic was on the radar. They also saw first hand how dangerous the driving on scooters is there and the consequences of that. I know they have come under fire for moving to Italy but they did everything that was asked of them in KL and London when they returned from Italy and were very open in doing so. They didn't travel to Ireland for Christmas as planned and when they were planning on visiting Tim's family it was going to be done on the basis of having done covid tests.
When the borders for Bali re-opened Steph was very vocal in highlighting how bringing any risk at all in to the locals was very detrimental and that people needed to isolate to protect them even if isolation wasn't mandatory and to remember the locals who were facing not only a health crisis but decimated livelihoods.
A million miles apart from Bali's current Irish residents who couldn't give a f*ck.

• Heart

Miss_cici

I think they're showing themselves up on this trip as average travellers. I loved them back when they were in Asia but it's more obvious now that they don't go too far from the cliche touristy places and also don't seem to follow their own travel advice.

littlebananafairy

I really dislike the constant talk about not having kids. If it’s a topic she doesn’t like to talk about, she should stop talking about it. It’s everyone’s personal choice whether to become parents or not. When people ask me I just say “ oh maybe one day” because I feel uncomfortable telling people the truth that I really want one but nothing is happening after my miscarriages.

• Sad
  • Heart