Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miss_cici

They're blaming covid for their Latin America experience, but it seemed more like lack of research, preparation and an expectation that it would be similar to travelling in Asia.

Reactions: 19

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
Steph laying into Kim K for her (stupid) comments about just work harder but she can’t see she is equally as patronising about leaving the 9-5 & going travelling. How many times has she done a Q&A & made out like packing in your job and heading off is as simple as a trip to Tesco for bread? She is just as out of touch as Kim if you ask me. She just feels triggered because she knows she isn’t exactly working hard herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

rebremm99

Chatty Member
I got the impression they were really bored in Italy and regret buying the house there.
This trip has shown them up completely as being shit at traveling and not the gurus they claimed to be.

Reactions: 17

Mitten41

Let’s hope so- ive never seen a more boring travel trip in my life…waterfall, her arse, another waterfall, them kissing, a sunset, her running, a waterfall, her arse…..dear god!
Compared with the ungraceful guide- I am no dying to travel to turkey thanks to them- lol!

• Haha

SMRT

I still like Laura, but I stopped following Steph - the turning point for me was when she moved back to London for a bit last year and then I realised she really overtly fakely tries to romanticise EVERYTHING. Like I was pretty duped by it when she was travelling to nice places i've never been in Asia, but you literally cannot make me believe a tiny flat in a big tower block in a pandemic is cute or interesting. She posted about her "office views" one day and it was a tiny patch of sky amongst all the concrete and windows into other people's other tiny flats. I think she's a nice person and very business savvy but the constant squealing and smugness and everything being amazing is just not real.

Londoncailín

VIP Member
Interesting how one of the Barry sisters is on a press trip jolly to promote Turkish tourism and the other is sharing pics of the wildfires with the pray for turkey hashtag.

Last edited:

Miss_cici

Seriously who sits down at a restaurant and orders without looking at the prices 😭

Then complain when it's expensive! They seem tight as fuck, definitely didn't do their research and assumed it would be like Asia.

• Heart

Londoncailín

VIP Member
One thing for certain that these two are def dodging, is having any trace of a personality. They are both unbelievably dry.

• Haha

starryeyed10

VIP Member
Yeah I think she was completely right to complain, of course. Also she said they "tried" to charge a 100Euro cleaning fee, doubt they actually paid it. Just found it odd to post the name. By all means complain in person. Then they know for sure what issues the guests have and maybe rectify it going forward. I'm travelling at the moment (in China where I live we have no covid) and I'm trying to support local businesses a lot and leave great reviews when I can because it's obviously been a hard time last year for businesses because of covid. Tbh these days I wouldn't even leave a bad review if I have a problem, I just don't leave a review. Maybe tell them in person and let them try to fix it but don't leave a bad review. That's just what I do.

I just think Steph tries to come across as an easy going free living traveller but actually she's a bit up tight and extremely passive aggressive as we have seen many times before 😅. So posting the name is just her being passive aggressive again and giving her some satisfaction.

Londoncailín

VIP Member
Absolutely nobody:

Steph: Someone help me and my smurf haired husband fix the drone footage to make the images of me in the bath clearer....

Absolutely nobody:

Steph: You can’t see me clearly enough in the bath. I’m in a bath in Italy. The footage of me bathing in my Italian bath simply must be clearer. It’s for the sake of Italy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Miss_cici

Is it wrong I enjoy when things don’t go to plan for her 🤣
She’s so smug that I just love the when she doesn’t get things her own way.
I can also imagine she turns into a right cow when things go wrong.
She's also managed to mess up the long haul flights - booked cheap ones and never checked the add-ons (which is something she always says to check!). €100 for bags, €50 to sit together and €30 for meals.

I can understand going super cheap for short haul flights but would not take the risk with long haul. Surely a bit of comfort for 10 hours and decent meals is worth paying a bit more?

starryeyed10

VIP Member
Oh Khao San is trassssh. Bangkok is a massive and interesting city.

Actually can't believe they flew back to Thailand. That is sooo funny. What a fail. They clearly had no clue about what's good to do in SA. Shows up how boring all their previous travels were as well. They didn't even pack a fleece or jacket for hiking like come on 😅.

• Haha

starryeyed10

VIP Member
She is being sooo dramatic about people asking her the price of their house. She plasters it all online and shows what a great place it is to buy a house. How to buy a house in Italy etc. and is surprised people want to know the price? of course people are interested, they may want to buy one too. Also as somebody said property sale prices are public info in Ireland. She is obviously very old fashioned. I think young people have no problem sharing their salaries and property prices etc as it can help other people. Like for example being open about your salary can stop different forms of pay discrimination.

Also I'm glad the UK have a five day quarantine for her. She thought she was going to fly over and back for dentist appointments in a pandemic. Duh Steph!!!

notsodumbblonde

I thought that too. She looked absolutely demented. When I run in this weather, I’m in running tights, hat, gloves, neck gaiter and a running jacket. Steph loves parading her body around at every given opportunity, her vanity knows no bounds
Steph demonstrates that there’s no correlation between level of vanity and level of attractiveness. She’s vain and not remotely good looking.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

taylore

Tim’s birthday meal yet she makes him video him walk toward HER sat at the table on the beach for what looks like an incredibly romantic - dare I say feminine ? - dinner .. my other half would be happy with a sports bar and beer on his bday. She’s made it like it’s HER day! So weird

• Sick
  • Haha

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
lol at steph travels too an unknown place the other side of the world in the middle of a pandemic and moans how her plans are affected due too covid, she really taught it would be as easy and cheap as travelling asia. she hates this trip its too expensive for her and not as easy, she hasn't shows us anything of costa Rica just her face constantly
At least she is giving us a break from her arse 😂 I was sick to death of seeing that

• Haha

Cariad

VIP Member
My daughter lives and works in Bali and she'd never leave her bike helmet outside overnight! .....Steph has absolutely no common sense whatsoever and total disregard for her belongings and these days is a total joke as a travel blogger ....the market is saturated and so many others do it so much better

• Heart

remelie99

I think the two of them used to seem really normal, sound and authentic and now are just fake and over the top for insta pics. Maybe because they are no longer traveling it’s shown them up for who they really are? I dunno. I also remember how self-important she was when talking about digital nomads at the start of the pandemic. Basically saying how they had the right to get back traveling before anyone else 🙄 at the end of the day we are all just tourists, digital nomad or not so get down off that high horse. Ps. I can’t stand the term digital nomad it makes me shudder with the cringe