Stephen Tompkinson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just came to see if there was a thread. Don’t suppose we’re allowed to discuss any background on him, whether he’s an arse in real life?

The neighbours statement is bad, it does look like he overreacted.

I'm dubious of the victims ability to remember anything due to his 'brain injury', seeing as he gave a statement previously but now says he can’t remember anything of the day of the attack AND giving the statement! How convenient to have forgotten two separate, important events.

Reactions: 6
Just came to see if there was a thread. Don’t suppose we’re allowed to discuss any background on him, whether he’s an arse in real life?

The neighbours statement is bad, it does look like he overreacted.

I'm dubious of the victims ability to remember anything due to his 'brain injury', seeing as he gave a statement previously but now says he can’t remember anything of the day of the attack AND giving the statement! How convenient to have forgotten two separate, important events.
He must regret not just staying inside after he called the police.
I know how annoying it is when drunk people are making a racket outside, but it doesn’t look good for him if he claims he never punched the man when his neighbour says otherwise. If the guys were that out of it it doesn’t sound like he can say he felt they were going to break into his house or anything like that either so it’ll be interesting to read about what he has to say if he takes the stand.

Reactions: 6
It sounds like nobody knew he’d hit the man until the neighbour gave her statement too. Thats going to be really bad for him to explain away. :oops: I wonder if he would have confessed had the man died?

It made me wonder how many people have accidentally killed someone and got away with it for whatever reason. What a thing to have to live with. 😨

Reactions: 4
Its so futile and pointless for a sober person to try and reason with someone who is extremely drunk. Call the police and stay inside. They get paid and are trained to sort these things out.

Reactions: 9
Maybe there are drunk people outside his house on numerous occasions and he just lost it on that time? (Not excusing him, just a thought as to why he overreacted?)

Has he had any acting work since the incident? I imagine, although popular, he's not one of ITV's 'inner circle', so may not be protected in the same way as Ant or Scofield.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Nothing listed on IMDB since and he seemed to be in regular acting work until that point

Reactions: 2
I'll be interested to hear what other details come out of this. Hitting someone badly enough to cause traumatic brain injury is really bad... Not "Oi, get away from my house" bad, but like a real fight had broken out.

I'm also interested what the men had been doing. I've read that they were drunk hanging out in front of his house at night. However, to warrant such a reaction from ST, you'd think there would have to be a lot more to it. Drunk guys hanging around outside your window is annoying and maybe even a little scary, but you could ignore them and they'd go away within an hour. Either something else happened that hasn't been reported, or he *really* lost it.

Reactions: 7
I've not seen any articles or pictures of him arriving at court today, have they taken a break already?

Reactions: 1
I'll be interested to hear what other details come out of this. Hitting someone badly enough to cause traumatic brain injury is really bad... Not "Oi, get away from my house" bad, but like a real fight had broken out.

I'm also interested what the men had been doing. I've read that they were drunk hanging out in front of his house at night. However, to warrant such a reaction from ST, you'd think there would have to be a lot more to it. Drunk guys hanging around outside your window is annoying and maybe even a little scary, but you could ignore them and they'd go away within an hour. Either something else happened that hasn't been reported, or he *really* lost it.
Not sure if he hit him hard or it was the fall and head bang that caused the injury. I can imagine those streets get all sorts of wronguns staggering up from a night on the beach. Agree with everyone - why didnt he just stay in the house?

There has been a few mentions of the material of his nightwear, not sure the difference if he was wearing a silk or cotton robe!
Tomkinson is giving evidence today, surely if he is a decent actor it must be difficult for jury to know if he is acting a certain way or been his genuine self.

Passing no judgement on anyone and not saying I agree with any decision made here including by the jury, but an observation that juries really don’t tend to like these types of cases. I said to a family member yesterday who mentioned this case that Tompkinson would not be convicted, irrespective of what I think actually happened.

Victim a grown adult man more at peak fitness age than the accused, and severely drunk in the early hours and making a nuisance. The accused in / around his own home and with a child in the house, and that’s before noting he’s a recognisable face from TV. Even if accepting “something” must have happened, juries often don’t like to slap someone with a conviction for this type of thing.

Reactions: 5
Pleased for him. He looks terrible and has aged so much probably from the stress.

Sounds like the victim partly fell over, hit his head and fractured his skull. An accident. Unfortunate but no blame.

Reactions: 9