Stephen Tompkinson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Big enough story to warrant a thread. What do people make of it? To me he will always be Brian in Trollied, which to many people won't be the first show they mention when they think of him. He denies it but then if he pleaded guilty his career would already be over and he'd be going to prison. By denying it and taking it to crown court he risks a far bigger sentence when/if he's found guilty, but if he isn't at least he might still get work even though mud sticks.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
shocked by this.

He will always be Damian Day to me.
Agreed. Damian Day to me too. I'm so shocked by this news.

A few years ago I was walking around the quayside in town and saw a man walking towards me and he caught my eye. I thought he was someone I worked with and I said "Eeeh hiya, how are you?" (in typical Geordie mam fashion) and he smiled back and replied "Great, how are you?"...then it dawned on me. I didn't know him from work. It was him off the tele.

He was very nice though...I got a bit starstruck after that.

Reactions: 8
Surprised but also not. I tend to find people who make their careers off of the Mr nice guy/girl image are anything but deep down.

Reactions: 3
I had such a crush on this dude as DCI Banks - he played the tortured in love with Annie man so bloody well. It was hot.

However obviously he is an actor, that was a character and this sounds really nasty.

Who knew he lived in Whitley bay? How random.

And it was his dad he hit? Wonder what would be the reason you would do that.

So, I have this vague recollection of something happening with him before a few years ago. Well before I was on tattle, maybe properly years ago (These days I find things I thought were recent were actually ages ago). Something similar that just got brushed under the carpet swiftly.

I can't find anything on the internet though so maybe I'm misrembering.

Reactions: 1
So, I have this vague recollection of something happening with him before a few years ago. Well before I was on tattle, maybe properly years ago (These days I find things I thought were recent were actually ages ago). Something similar that just got brushed under the carpet swiftly.

I can't find anything on the internet though so maybe I'm misrembering.
This rings a bell with me now you mention it. Don't know whether it was when he was with Dervla Kirwan?

Reactions: 2
I was shocked when i saw pictures of him appearing at court, his weight loss has certainly aged him since his DCI Banks days.

Reactions: 4
Was reading the news report on this today.
Sounds like he over reacted.
He looks awful.

Reactions: 4