Steph Claire Smith & Laura Henshaw / kic.app

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she even a mum if she can’t be bothered, or doesn’t have the patience to deal with him when he’s not conforming to her perfect ideals. I just don’t understand how you could leave your child locked in their room so you can be a selfish bleep and look after yourself first. Here’s a tip, how about you cut your work hours back so you can prioritise your daily ‘me time’ requirements instead of letting your child suffer. Motherhood isn’t glamorous, it’s bleeping hard. I worked (almost full time), single parented a lot of that time and my kids came first. My needs came secondary to theirs because I prioritised them, not my desire to meditate or work out

Reactions: 14
‘I told him I was going back to bed … he wasn’t that happy with me’

no tit he’s awake and wants to spend time with his mum who would rather journal and meditate than play with him
I’m not surprised he pulled all the books off his shelf why is she even getting frustrated at that? You got your ‘me time’ and he needed something to entertain himself…

I couldn’t even fathom leaving my 2 year old in her room alone for that long after she wakes up in the morning im literally bounding out of bed to give her cuddles and read stories in the morning even if we’ve had a bad night!
Also, she doesn’t even really see him as much as other parents as she works a lot which is FINE but you can’t then also prioritise yourself and expect your child to silently sit not wanting you

Reactions: 11
My little guy dropped his day time nap at 18 months. Harvey is almost 3. (My lo still doesn’t sleep through the night BUT-) he would refuse to sleep until about 10pm when he’d napped back then, and wake up extra early. I think influencers’ issues with letting go of that nap is that they try to maintain as much ‘self care time’ as they did pre-baby, which is entirely unrealistic. Her current story about the books off the shelves in his bedroom.. what do you expect when you left him in his room alone so you could workout and meditate? I think honestly these influencers don’t realise how damn easy they have it.
My son is 3 and still day naps, so does his entire kindy class bar one kid 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I’m actually getting more and more concerned by the disdain she has for poor Harvey. Most days she posts at least one thing he has “done” to annoy her. It’s so weird

Reactions: 6
I’m actually getting more and more concerned by the disdain she has for poor Harvey. Most days she posts at least one thing he has “done” to annoy her. It’s so weird
I agree! I know that people parent differently but I can't imagine training my toddler to not come to me in the mornings, just so I could get more sleep / me time.

Reactions: 2
Guys. This is getting too much now. What does she expect? So firstly, poor little Harvey has learnt that she won’t come to him when he wakes up. And secondly, little miss self absorbed is still not entirely happy because he had.. books on his floor? After not disturbing her for an HOUR after he woke? She is UNBELIEVABLY SELFISH. oh my word. She’s expecting him to be military level of well behaved at not even 3. Does she realise literally no other toddler would be like this too?!

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Jesus that makes me incredibly sad for him! I love it when my child toddles into my room in the morning for cuddles or if I have to wake her up, the smile on her face when she sees me. Also she wants breakfast immediately 😂 so is he laying on his bed hungry because she won’t get up? What a self absorbed twit.

Reactions: 5
I'm normally the one most likely to defend her on here when it comes to parenting as I like that she keeps it real...BUT wow the post today about giving Harvey a toy truck and then contemplating going back to sleep. WHAT!?

Who gives their 3yo a toy then thinks its okay to go to sleep? Sure I let my son play in his toy room alone while I potter around the house, or if I CBA I might put on some cartoons so we can lay on the couch at 5am until my brain wakes up. I cannot fathom going back to sleep though and leaving him to his own devices.

Mind = blown and I think she will cop some well deserved tit on that one

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I'm normally the one most likely to defend her on here when it comes to parenting as I like that she keeps it real...BUT wow the post today about giving Harvey a toy truck and then contemplating going back to sleep. WHAT!?

Who gives their 3yo a toy then thinks its okay to go to sleep? Sure I let my son play in his toy room alone while I potter around the house, or if I CBA I might put on some cartoons so we can lay on the couch at 5am until my brain wakes up. I cannot fathom going back to sleep though and leaving him to his own devices.

Mind = blown and I think she will cop some well deserved tit on that one
She’s so bleeping selfish, I can’t stand her version of parenting

Reactions: 5
So glad I'm not the only one just gobsmacked by today's stories. So she's proud she fit in 20 minutes of pilates, some journalling and then a shower all while he's locked in his room alone (but don't worry, she gave him a truck!). This does not look like the bedroom of a happy toddler. Looks like boredom and frustration to me.

She posted the other day about how they slept upstairs in the guest room and Harvey ended up sleeping so well that night. I wonder if she can see the connection between them being close by/ him feeling safe and not alone, and him sleeping well 🤔

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 8
She resents Harvey so much, why doesn’t she get an Au pair or live in nanny. She can certainly afford one

Reactions: 10
Does Harvey’s room even have a window, natural light?
Looks a bit dark, uninviting.. 😕

Reactions: 3
IMG_0559.jpeg

No surprises here (from influencer updates’ Instagram account) the arrogance pours out of Steph at any opportunity
IMG_0560.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Steph has just done a post about not being able to go away with just Josh since Harvey, and making a big deal about this weekend. I could have sworn she did similar only months ago- making out like they hadn’t left him before. Does anybody remember?

Steph has just done a post about not being able to go away with just Josh since Harvey, and making a big deal about this weekend. I could have sworn she did similar only months ago- making out like they hadn’t left him before. Does anybody remember?
Yeah they've definitely been away together since having Harvey. And she's posted about a few different nights where Harvey slept at his grandparents too, so I don't know why this is such a huge thing. I love how she used the word UNINTERRUPTED because that's all Harvey seems to do to her. Get ready for the posts about how much she misses him and can't wait to get home to him (so she can lock him alone in his room each morning while she has "me time").

Reactions: 9
Hope they don’t make another baby on their getaway or they are up for a tit load of interruptions 😂😂

Thankfully she didn’t go for 2 under 2…but somehow I can’t even see her even coping mildly with 2 under 5 years old lol. What a princess

• Haha
Seriously what planet does she live on? That story reeked of resentment towards poor little Harvey. Blaming him for them being unable to go away together as a couple. Does she realise almost no parents to toddlers - heck even kids - have been on a holiday without their children? Does she realise that it isn’t her god given right to have ‘uninterrupted’ holiday time? I don’t think my parents have ever been away without at least one of their three kids and we range from 27 to 12 lol. Saying ‘us trying to figure out when we last went away together (without H)’ is just her subtly showing her resentment towards her baby. She has 100000x more uninterrupted time away from her toddler than any other parent I’ve encountered 😂

Reactions: 14
Yeah they've definitely been away together since having Harvey. And she's posted about a few different nights where Harvey slept at his grandparents too, so I don't know why this is such a huge thing. I love how she used the word UNINTERRUPTED because that's all Harvey seems to do to her. Get ready for the posts about how much she misses him and can't wait to get home to him (so she can lock him alone in his room each morning while she has "me time").
Haven’t they been away with Laura and Dalton, and also that winery stay? They have 100% had nights away plus her mum takes him for sleepovers

I’d rather be home with my toddler than on holiday with the pack of grifting losers they’re in Byron with 😂 you could not pay me to spend time with Rozalia or Ellidy.

What a terrible “holiday”. Just trotting from one influencer group activity to another and constantly making content to earn your place there. They must really hate parenting!

Reactions: 9