Stefanie Preissner - False Facts but don’t correct me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are new rules coming in that consultants cannot use public hospitals for their private clinic, they can only use private hospitals. There are no private maternity hospitals which means private maternity care will cease when these rules come in. Stefanie is priviliged to be able to afford private care and has been up in arms about it and how its a disgrace to take the option away from women
Yes, I know all that. I'm not understanding why are we now hating on her for that? I'm just confused by some of the comments here on what people's views are

Yes, I know all that. I'm not understanding why are we now hating on her for that? I'm just confused by some of the comments here on what people's views are
She’s now taken an advocacy role for the very system she paid not to use basically 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I Suppose its the fact the average woman in Ireland cannot access it anyway and stef doesn't acknowledge that privilege , not sure just speculating

She’s now taken an advocacy role for the very system she paid not to use basically 🤷‍♀️
You can still advocate for public amenities and the rights of services available to everyone, and choose to use a different resource if you can afford to?
I don't particularly like Stefanie, but are we now suggesting that people who pay for private care (which actually relieves the financial burden on the state) cannot advocate for those who either cannot or choose not to have private health care?

Reactions: 7
You can still advocate for public amenities and the rights of services available to everyone, and choose to use a different resource if you can afford to?
I don't particularly like Stefanie, but are we now suggesting that people who pay for private care (which actually relieves the financial burden on the state) cannot advocate for those who either cannot or choose not to have private health care?
Absolutely, I was explaining to you why people were getting their knickers in a knot!
Read back if unsure next time

I was irritated by the private debate by the language that Stefanie (and others) are using about it - going on about "choice" without acknowledging the immensely privileged position of anyone who can afford to go private for maternity care. The same voices aren't out there campaigning loudly for safe access zones for abortion services or the fact that not all maternity hospitals are offering abortions and that very few GPs are.

Fergal Malone (former master of the rotunda) should be spending less time talking about people's "rights" to pay him personally thousands of euro for care in a public hospital, and maybe a bit more time doing something about the appalling conditions in that hospital's public wards and bathrooms.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was irritated by the private debate by the language that Stefanie (and others) are using about it - going on about "choice" without acknowledging the immensely privileged position of anyone who can afford to go private for maternity care. The same voices aren't out there campaigning loudly for safe access zones for abortion services or the fact that not all maternity hospitals are offering abortions and that very few GPs are.

Fergal Malone (former master of the rotunda) should be spending less time talking about people's "rights" to pay him personally thousands of euro for care in a public hospital, and maybe a bit more time doing something about the appalling conditions in that hospital's public wards and bathrooms.
I understand and agree completely that the language used of 'choice' probably isn't the best, but unfortunately everyone words things badly at some point in their lives. Albeit journalists in particular should be more in tune.

I don't know enough about the Rotunda to comment.

There is a big difference in been an advocate for something and been an ambassador.

I wouldn’t expect the Irish ambassador to Sweden to be French.

Most maternity patient don’t see a consultant once, even if they have anxiety.

• Heart
why is she boasting about being sober? she wasn't an alcoholic or drug addict I don't think I have ever heard her mention that?

Reactions: 3
Imagine the fun when herself and Clare Balding get together

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Sober from what. You choose not to drink. So typical of her to try jump on a bandwagon. She has to be one of the most irritating people online. How does her hubby cope with her...she seems exceptionally needy too with the child.

Reactions: 6
Now she is worried about giving her child solids.... not like most parents concerns .. Will they like it ,hope its blitzed enough etc no she is worried cause she has issues with food herself. That poor child I feel so sorry for it.

3 times in one story this morning she has said she's autistic. I have adhd, and have a lot of varying symptoms, but i also havent made it my personality. I find it very irritating that every single thing thats an issue for her she blames it on autism

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.