Stacey Dooley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just curious about everyone’s thoughts on her?

I used to really like her and thought her hard hitting documentaries were fantastic but I feel she’s a bit of a sell out these days!

I also don’t watch strictly, but followed her on insta pre-strictly and she was always gushing about her boyfriend at the time, Sam (who is fit by the way!) when I saw she’d had an affair and ended up with that Kevin bloke I was shocked!

Her ex moved on fairly quickly and has a baby now. I just wonder what went down and if she regrets her decision. She’s not very gushy with Kevin, just the odd post here and there.

Her and her ex shared a dog which her ex has kept. Messy.

Reactions: 10
Shes ok. I dont like some of the swearing on the more serious documentaries, it devalues them. I prefer louis theroux myself. I dont know anything about her personal life. Shes very good looking.

Reactions: 7
Shes ok. I dont like some of the swearing on the more serious documentaries, it devalues them. I prefer louis theroux myself. I dont know anything about her personal life. Shes very good looking.
Can not abide the jumped up little twit! That voice 🤮🤮🤮not a even comparable to lovely Louis IMO. It’s a shame cuz the topics she is dealing with are very interesting and important but I just can not listen to her or see or annoying ratty face 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Used to think she was good - enjoyed her documentaries and she seemed quite cool.

then she went on strictly and my opinion of her completely changed. I found her obnoxious and full of herself. The affair with Kevin Clifton just showed her true colours. He’s a prick anyway and she was shagging him behind her long term boyfriends back and while he was still married to Karen Hauer and after he had already been shagging Louise Redknapp before that. The way Stacey conducted herself was just really tit. Can’t stand her now, wouldn’t watch anything with her in it.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Would sell her own granny to stay relevant, sells fake stories and relationships, looks like a rat (sorry rats! ).

Reactions: 20
I really disliked a documentary she did in Japan a while back. She acted like the Aokigahara forest, known as a suicide hotspot, was this scary, horrible place where she might encounter a body anywhere (not true, local residents dislike this perception.) She also tried to get an interviewee to speak negatively about his employer on camera which is considered especially disrespectful in Japan and I think you'd find few people anywhere in the world who'd be happy to do it unless they were already planning to leave their job. And I remember a documentary where she investigated a community of paedophiles in the USA who were living in the middle of nowhere because the conditions of their parole don't allow them to be anywhere near children. Basically she found out that one man featured in the documentary had lied; he told her that as a young man he had a sexual relationship with a girl and didn't know she was underage, but Stacey discovered he had multiple convictions for abusing much younger kids. She clumsily confronted him and he kicked off on camera, the whole thing looked awful and there was surely a better way to manage this situation. I've seen her in other things where I've cringed at her approach to interviewing subjects or presenting a topic but these are just the first that come to mind

It seems like she and her fans constantly try to claim that any criticism of her work is unfair bigotry because she's working class and not university educated. Well she'd still be unprofessional even if she were an Oxbridge-educated man from a wealthy background. There are plenty of working class people who became good journalists or are trying to get into investigative reporting, it's pretty insulting to them to suggest that Stacey is the best this country can give

Reactions: 32
I really disliked her when she was called out about her white saviour photo when she did a comic relief trip (thank god these have finally come to end, although way overdue)
She was called out, was VERY DEFENSIVE and rude to people who called her out.

Rather then doing a bit of self reflection and educating herself, she acted like a spoilt brat and her behaviour absolutely enforced the white saviour behaviour she was denying.

really lost respect for her after this

Reactions: 25
And I remember a documentary where she investigated a community of paedophiles in the USA who were living in the middle of nowhere because the conditions of their parole don't allow them to be anywhere near children. Basically she found out that one man featured in the documentary had lied; he told her that as a young man he had a sexual relationship with a girl and didn't know she was underage, but Stacey discovered he had multiple convictions for abusing much younger kids. She clumsily confronted him and he kicked off on camera, the whole thing looked awful and there was surely a better way to manage this situation.
I remember thinking the same when I watched that one. I said at the time how much better it would have been if it had been Louis Theroux doing it as he’d no doubt have had a better approach and maybe even got an explanation for the lie, rather than the way she stumbled into it.

I used to love her documentaries. I liked the “Stacey sleeps over” ones she did recently too, I think they’re coming back next year. I do think she’s started really over exaggerating her accent though which irritates me

Reactions: 8
Is the person above saying she was shagging Kev BEFORE strictly?
And he was shagging Louise? Eek!
no.

Kevin was having an affair with Louise Redknapp while she was on the show. They had an affair which resulted in the breakdown of the Redknapps marriage.

he was still close with Louise after Strictly even though he was married to Karen Hauer.

Then Stacey went on Strictly, Kevin started an affair with her while she was on the show - cheating on Staceys boyfriend/Karen Hauer again.

Kevin Clifton is well known as a serial shagger.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
no.

Kevin was having an affair with Louise Redknapp while she was on the show. They had an affair which resulted in the breakdown of the Redknapps marriage.

he was still close with Louise after Strictly even though he was married to Karen Hauer.

Then Stacey went on Strictly, Kevin started an affair with her while she was on the show - cheating on Staceys boyfriend/Karen Hauer again.

Kevin Clifton is well known as a serial shagger.
He sounds absolutely awful! He’s not attractive in my opinion. Who does he think he is? 🤢

Reactions: 24
Her documentary last year about mental health and in the psychiatric ward put me clean of her. She was only in the door and acting like she knew better than the mental health staff. Imagine your life turned upside down and in the middle of a breakdown and instead of being let settle into the place you have her and a camera right in your face and her putting on a baby voice to talk to ya. Just so patronising.

Reactions: 18
Just found this thread! I used to really like her and thought she was beautiful but didn’t know it. Her documentaries were really interesting when she challenged people.

However I didn’t watch her on strictly as don’t really watch it. But did see her Instagram where now she has set up home with the dancer. They are seriously not suited in any way and I cannot for the life of me see the attraction ... Louise went there too??? 🤯

Reactions: 7
Just found this thread! I used to really like her and thought she was beautiful but didn’t know it. Her documentaries were really interesting when she challenged people.

However I didn’t watch her on strictly as don’t really watch it. But did see her Instagram where now she has set up home with the dancer. They are seriously not suited in any way and I cannot for the life of me see the attraction ... Louise went there too??? 🤯
Yeah he’s an absolute sleazy bastard, he’s been married 2 or 3 times and he’s cheated on all of them. He dumped one of them in a pub, literally sat her down and told her that he wanted out of the marriage and left her crying & distraught in a bar. If you look him up she did an interview about him, basically saying he’s just a creepy bastard who can’t keep his dick in his pants.

he’s absolutely vile. He’s not even remotely attractive either so god knows what these women see in him.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
I had no idea Louise and Stacey had shagged Kevin from Grimsby, duck me I’m shocked!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yeah he’s an absolute sleazy bastard, he’s been married 2 or 3 times and he’s cheated on all of them. He dumped one of them in a pub, literally sat her down and told her that he wanted out of the marriage and left her crying & distraught in a bar. If you look him up she did an interview about him, basically saying he’s just a creepy bastard who can’t keep his dick in his pants.

he’s absolutely vile. He’s not even remotely attractive either so god knows what these women see in him.

bleeping hell!! Who would of thought that of the weasel boy ... he seriously looks like a boy.

However sure most of us have met the type of bloke that looks basic and you would bank on them not cheating as they are punching above their weight to be with you and low and behold they cheat! 😲

• Haha
Reactions: 15
bleeping hell!! Who would of thought that of the weasel boy ... he seriously looks like a boy.

However sure most of us have met the type of bloke that looks basic and you would bank on them not cheating as they are punching above their weight to be with you and low and behold they cheat! 😲

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I really disliked her when she was called out about her white saviour photo when she did a comic relief trip (thank god these have finally come to end, although way overdue)
She was called out, was VERY DEFENSIVE and rude to people who called her out.

Rather then doing a bit of self reflection and educating herself, she acted like a spoilt brat and her behaviour absolutely enforced the white saviour behaviour she was denying.

really lost respect for her after this
The way she reacted to this criticism was so telling. Even though she wasn't the only culprit and the white saviour thing was a far bigger issue than just her, using a child as a prop for her instagram without any context was bad enough in itself.

It winds me up how she calls herself a journalist when she has no training and boy does it show. God knows what the BBC were thinking giving her a panorama investigation and of course it completely backfired on them, because she's not a journalist!

And I'm saying this as someone from a working class background who would love to see more working class women front TV shows, but not fakes like her

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I watched Face to Face with Isis and was shocked by how unprofessional she was. No idea how she got an MBE.

Reactions: 9