SR_nutrition

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Raffy telling Ada off in that tomato picking story, the tone and words sound exactly like he is copying what he hears adults say to her.
Also I’m not surprised they didn’t eat the weetabix, What on earth has she added? It looks like vomit. Weetabix with milk is fine on it’s own, maybe some berries or sliced banana, bet they would have eaten it then.
It doesn’t even look like weetabix?!
So dry is there even any milk? Which looks like porridge and carrot on top 🤢

non literally non of the ‘meals’ she makes look appealing, I’d be embarrassed to share if I was a ‘nutritionist’

Reactions: 5
WTF???????

Just give them Weetabix and milk FFS!!!!

One of mine has weetabix every day and not once have I thought to add in some leftover crumble. Everyone would think I’d lost my mind I’m sure of it 😂
Same here I stick some strawberries in it for my 2yo have done every morning and he's always eaten it all no issues

Reactions: 4
And the reason there appitites are low is because you look like your feeding them the contents of the bin... Talk about passing on whatever food issues she has... Control freak!

Reactions: 6
It’s just very odd. And then poor Raffy asks for some toast and she starts going on about that being great so she can add nutritious toppings etc. He’s been poorly, he just wants some basic toast with a bit of butter or maybe some jam, something simple. That’s what you want when you’ve been feeling ill fgs.

Reactions: 12
Don’t you always make scrambled egg with butter and milk?! It reads like she’s only added those for raffy as he’s not eating much

Reactions: 8
If people are ill they want something plain normally not a load of extras. A few days won’t hurt I’m sure (although I’m not a trained nutritionist!)
She clearly didn’t learn anything from the kids rejecting weetabix with all the extras as they just wanted something plain.

Reactions: 7
Don’t you always make scrambled egg with butter and milk?! It reads like she’s only added those for raffy as he’s not eating much
THIS! I’m so confused by her. For someone who is supposed to be a professional, she has such a warped mindset when it comes to food.

Is it not well known among people that fats are important for young children not only from a brain development perspective, but to help them GROW?!

As far as most people are concerned, when their kids are poorly with a low appetite all bets are off and they will happily feed them whatever they desire to keep their energy up. It’s no surprise he’s been refusing food when even his bloody cereal is topped with half of the contents of the fridge!

Reactions: 10
He’s literally not been well for a few days and she’s obsessed with sneaking “extras” into his diet the poor boy.
When kids are not well they just want plain basic stuff !

Is that plate his whole dinner?!? A spoon of fish pie, half a slice of banana bread and a satsuma? Gosh no wonder the poor child is ill, he’s probably hungry all the time

Is that plate his whole dinner?!? A spoon of fish pie, half a slice of banana bread and a satsuma? Gosh no wonder the poor child is ill, he’s probably hungry all the time
I know she’s oddly obsessed with ‘extras’
Poor boy is ill, what’s wrong with copious amounts of toast and butter!

Reactions: 6
Poor guy feels like tit and his mum is still offering him her grotesque concoctions. If he hasn’t projectile vommed already he will now. FML

Reactions: 9
Feel like she always picks on poor Ada, the story of how messy Ada had got and the photo of her from behind pulling at her shorts 😥 the amount of times a day I have to change my 18 month old because she’s got messy!

She’s so focused on how much her kids eat. It’s not healthy. Making excuses as to why it’s ok that Raffy is eating a bit more this week. Jeez just let them be! And while I’m on a roll just let poor Ada have a bleeping ice cream. How is it healthy role modelling when everyone else is having one and she’s not, doesn’t send a good message about food neutrality imo. Once in a blue moon won’t hurt.

Also made me lol that she referred to the snacks as “big snacks!”… erm pretty sure bananas, fruit loaf etc are normal snacks no?..

• Heart
Reactions: 13